“Great Place!”

Desire Riviera Maya Resort
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Went for the first time in 2013 and will be going back this year. It was my first time at this type of resort, so I was very nervous. It only took me about 30 minutes to warm up to the idea of clothing optional and decide to go without. I was expecting Sodom and Gomorrah. Nothing further from the truth. Everyone was very nice, friendly and respectful. I liked the fact it was mostly an older crowd (40+). The swinger couples we met were respectful that we weren't and made great friends anyway. Can't wait to go back in just a few weeks!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank OKCTraveler2012
mgoodb, Guest Relations Manager at Desire Riviera Maya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

We do really appreciate your comments and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to be a part of your memorables vacations.

We look forward to see you soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 26, 2014

This place is awesome. The entertainment at night was a blast. The foam party was the best. There were 2 volleyball game times every day.
The Sensual Massage with Sarah was phenominal. It was nice to learn how to give a massage without the back ache. The gym was clean and well equipt. The cappacino at the lobby bar was great. The photographer, Jonathan, did a superb job. The pictures were tasteful and hot.
The people who are drawn to Desire were people you wish you lived closer to so the friendship could continue.
The ocean is calm, the pool was clean, the hot tub was hot (in many ways) what more could I ask for.
It's worth the trip

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank hwbucky
mgoodb, Guest Relations Manager at Desire Riviera Maya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable comments regarding your recent visit, we are glad we have been able to fulfill your expectations and would love to have you back at the resort in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We visited this resort again Dec. 28th - Jan. 4th and had a great time. Service is wonderful from all around. Love the new change to the white restaurant that is now called Sahlo. Food was great. Wish I could remember names but ALL staff was great. Entertainment crew was fun. So glad the midnight pizza is still there although I didn't eat every night like last time. Nightly shows were fun. Disco was fun. Miss the beds but love the flatter dance floor. However, that step up on it is still easy to fall off of. First time at a resort for NYE and it was a total blast! One of our best NYE ever. My only issue would be, and I believe I've said this before, is the water pressure in showers. It's terrible. So much so, that it was quicker for me to wash my hair at the beach showers. Otherwise, great trip!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi suites are larger but all rooms are just a minute or two walk to pool/restaurants.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Sheryl A
mgoodb, Guest Relations Manager at Desire Riviera Maya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time taken to give us your kind comments regarding your recent stay at Desire Resort & Spa Riviera Maya.

We are glad you have enjoyed your vacations with us and we keep working very hard in order to provide you with more memorable experiences.

Be sure we are taking care about the general maintenance in our Resort and we thank you for your preference.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was the first time for my husband and I to go to a nudist resort. We are NOT swingers but I love to watch "skin to the max" so I thought it would be great . First lets start with the room, it was not a king bed it was a small queen bed so I called the main office and explained to them that I paid for a king bed so they moved us in a new room 3 days later!!! the rooms need major updates period!! #2 activities- they had volley ball everyday, they said they have exercise classes but it was lame because it did not feel like a exercise unless you consider splashing in water and talking a workout,they had a few games like the kissing game ( where the female goes around and kisses butt,clevage,and private parts for points) or they had cover your mate with chocolate syrup that was okay they did not have pole dancing, snorkeling, or windsurfing lessons which was on the site and still is!!!! i thought they were all boring, keep in mind We participated in everything the only one we didn't do is the kissing game and the other games were not available #3theme nights!! sunday we slept in from all the traveling monday- desire unversity dress like a school girl and a nerd- it was okay Tuesday-foam party I loved that night, it was AMAZING you must try it Wednesday-lingerie and champagne night basically you are in your lingerie thursday-neon party you have to wear bright colors Friday- casino night you gamble with fake money than bet on the strippers dress attire gown for the ladies and suits for men,it was a fun night Saturday- lace and leather night same thing as Wednesday but different title lol. Lastly we didn't like the fact that we were the youngest couple there. I am 27 and my husband 34 and everyone else was 55 years of age and up. there were only 4 other couples in their late 30s early 40s so we were glad about that but they wanted to swing with us, we kindly said no but they still wanted to be friends and thats when we started to have a good time, we did extra activities like snorkeling which was $120 each PERSON (this was not the free one from the resort, like I mentioned before they never offered it that's why we paid for it) we were snorkeling naked and everyone on the boat having crazy sex lol. We did zip lining-$135 each person- I do NOT RECOMMAND it... the resort said it would be with the same people from our resort but when we sat in the van there were families with kids, we couldn't get our money back so we went anyway, the people in the van were rude, uptight, they thought we were freaks(because they picked us up from the resort) kept telling their kids not to come near us,only if they knew that we have 2of our own lol, on top of that I'm wearing something revealing,(i thought i was going with desire crew you know what I mean;-) lol) We gave this place a four star due to good food, great entertainers and met nice coupels, we will go back there again
Thanks for reading

P.S I was getting dressed and my husband was in the shower one morning and a handyman walked in our room to check our ac unit,I was shocked because he didn't call about it & we had the DO NOT DISTURB sign on our door, I know your probably thinking hey ur at a nudist resort but I don't think anyone has the right to walk in without knocking on our door so fyi watch out!!

Room Tip: We were in room 2313 which was the last building it wasn't great, I would get an ocean front roo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
23  Thank Michiganw
mgoodb, Guest Relations Manager at Desire Riviera Maya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback regarding your recent visit to Desire Resort & Spa, as it's very important for us in order to keep improving.

We are very sorry about the inconveniences experienced with the tour you booked, this was provided by an external company to our Resort, but be sure we will look further into this matter.

As part of our procedures, none of our staff are allowed to go into the rooms or knock the door when a "don't disturb" sign is hanged on a door knob, I will be following up very closely in order to keep this from happening again. Once again I would like to express my most sincere apologies.

We thank you for your preference and look forward to see you again.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is a great resort and experience for old couples that don't want to do anything, which was pretty much all the property had. My husband and I are 28 and 31 years old and we went with the expectation of sports, competitions, games, fun, with some relaxation. We went to temptation at the same time last year (sister resort that supposedly isn't as carefree as desire) and it was so much fun. It was a big party. We expected the same out of desire, but a little more wild. This place was basically a nudist resort. They did not play any games except volleyball.They were supposed to have yoga but ever time we went for a class, no one showed up to teach it; so we would wait 20 minutes and then were never notified if class was canceled or what happened (multiple days and times this happened before we finally gave up and decided yoga class was a ruse). They also didn't have any entertainment. Unlike other resorts that offer nightly shows, this didn't have any shows unless you count watching 3 woman walking around in a circle modeling in things u can buy. I am a flexible athletic person that needs to stay active so I would stretch and do my own yoga on the beach and I was the most entertainment they had (multiple guests even commented that watching me was the best part of their vacation). In addition, as I said before, the only game was volleyball but while we were there, a loose tile in the pool injured at least one person everyday (me included). By the end of our stay, no one dared venture in the only pool they have. We walked to desire pearl a few times (2 hours on the beach each way, but staff will tell you 45 min. Or $20 taxi ride). We enjoyed pearl much more, they had more pools and games, but the foam party was the best! Lastly, the food was wonderful. Cannot say anything bad about the food and I could go on and on about how good it was. I did not eat one thing that tasted bad the whole week. The food, drinks, and friendly staff is why I gave this place 2 stars instead of one.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Kara F
mgoodb, Guest Relations Manager at Desire Riviera Maya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear guest,

We do really appreciate your feedback as it is important in order for us to constanly improve. Please know that your satisfaction is our main priority and we're truly sorry that you didn't enjoy your recent visit with us. Sometimes on rainy days we need to change some planned activities, however,please be sure, we are working in our opportunity areas.

We thank you again for your important comments.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Very relaxing/relaxed environment. First time at a resort of this type. Right from check-in, when they sit you down with a nice refreshment, describe the facilities and explain protocals you feel right at home.
The room was clean and comfortable, although a little dated and worn. Wandering the property completely nude, everywhere, was great. Towels down at lunch and you're good to go. Walking from your room to the pool, beach or bars without feeling awkward was nice. The restaurants were excellent.
Christmas dinner was bar none. The bars were great and the staff even better. Visited the club one night; loud music, seductive behaviour and open sex. During our one vist to the rooftop hot tub a couple were putting on quite the display. The evening entertainment is definitely geared towards those willing to share their sexual sides openly. Would we go back? For sure, although it might be a bit too overt for us.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Bret P
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The group:
We found a travel group called “Party Naked Baby” online and booked our trip with them. We prefer to travel with groups because we enjoy the pre-trip chat sessions and like to get to know people a little before we get to our destination. This group was awesome! Our hosts Tony and Sue planned a lot of fun extra activities while we were there. We will definitely travel with them again!

Our room:
We splurged this trip and booked an ocean view room. We stayed in room 2502. The space between the bed and the closets was very tight, but that was the only negative thing about the room. Through our double French doors, we could see the ocean through the beach beds that line the beach in front of the resort. The room was very clean. We had a wonderful maid that made up crafty figurines with towels and flower pedals on most nights. The room had a white tile floor, a comfortable bed, and a refrigerator (stocked with water, soda, and beer at no additional charge). There was more storage than we expected. The bathroom didn’t have much counter space, but there was a nice area under the vanity to store our things. We had a roomy walk-in shower that could benefit from a stool or bench. There was no tub. The resort provides his and her robes to use during your stay. These come in handy for evening trips to the hot tub. There are plenty of towels for use in the room. There are also plenty of nice large towels available at the pool and hot tub. Overall, we were pleased with our room.

Dining:
We tried most of the options offered by the resort. Breakfast is in the main buffet every day. They offer cook-to-order eggs or omelets plus a variety of vegetables, fruits, cereals, yogurts, and a few Mexican options.

Lunch is at the pool-side café “Tentazione” which offers a full salad bar, a grill (where you can choose chicken, burgers, fish, steak, or fajitas), and a buffet with cheeses, chips, guacamole, plus some hot entrees. Tentazione also offers table-side Panini style sandwiches. Very few people ordered them, but when we tried them, they were delicious.

There were three restaurant options for dinner: Suki, Arrecife, and Sahlo. Our favorite restaurant was Sahlo. Sahlo had a romantic atmosphere, wonderful service, and the food was excellent. Arrecife was the main buffet. The theme changed for the main buffet daily, offering a lot of options during the week. Suki offers Asian fusion plus two Teppanyaki grills. I believe reservations are required for the grills. The sushi at Suki is surprisingly good!

Men are required to wear long pants for dinner. Beside for the Teppanyaki grill, reservations are not required for any meals. The service was wonderful at all restaurants!

Room service is available for a small fee. We did not order from the room service menu.

Entertainment:
The resort provided entertainment throughout the day. Early in the day, the entertainment staff led various events like yoga, water aerobics, water volleyball, and beach volleyball. Later in the afternoon, they sometimes hosted games like music trivia and bingo. One afternoon, there was a fashion show where models paraded around the pool in outfits that could be purchased in the gift shop. Each evening after dinner, some form of entertainment show was provided. The evening entertainment was sometimes held in the patio outside the lobby. Sometimes the entertainment was held in the disco.

Dress:
Most people hang out around the pool during the day. The dress code is very casual. The pool area is clothing optional and the majority of people there are nude. When they are wearing clothes, men tend to wear cargo or board shorts with short sleeved shirts, while women tend to wear sun dresses, shorts, bathing suits, or just wrap up in a sarong. You must be covered to dine poolside for lunch at Tentazione. A cover-up or bathing suit is fine for this. For a more laid back day, there are lounge chairs and palapa beds on the beach. The beds can be rented by the week, but are available for day use if not rented. Nudity is allowed on the beach in front of the resort also.

Many guests participate, to some extent, in the theme nights. Guests usually dress for dinner and then change into their theme outfit after dinner. This is the time to dress sexy! My favorite themes this trip included the foam party and pirate night (which was a theme planned by our group). Pirate night was so much fun that people not with our group told us they wish they had brought pirate costumes too! The foam party was fun, nude, and sensual; but the floor became really slick. A friend with our group hit his head pretty hard after tripping over something hidden by the foam.

Other Services:
The resort offers full spa services and a gym, but we did not use these services. There is also a desk in the lobby where you can book tours. We had friends who booked tours here and they had a great time, but we did not use this service.

Overall, we love Desire Riviera Maya! It is a fun, sensual trip. We made great friends and had lots of laughs! The only reason we will not be back next year is because we are going to join "Party Naked Baby" at Desire Pearl in November!!

Room Tip: Ocean view is nice for a splurge, but all of the rooms are nice. The resort is small enough that it...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Breathless Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
#8 of 26 in Puerto Morelos

Been to Desire Riviera Maya Resort? Share your experiences!