This was our first trip to the resort and we had an overall awesome time. Here's the breakdown for anyone looking for a relaxing getaway at a resort with this "concept".
Location: If you have stayed in Cancun and like the accessibility of just walking off the property and going to the mall or other resorts then you won't like the seclusion of Riviera Maya. But if you prefer to stay on the resort property and party with other guests at the resort this IS the place for you.
Check In: We arrived earlier than the 3pm check in time. The room wasn't ready but again we arrived early so weren't expecting it to be ready. We received a warm welcome, a selection of welcome beverages and were asked for room preferences before being handed off to Magy for an overview of the resort, amenities and offerings. She gave us coupons and help us reserve a special celebration dinner all before we were officially checked in. We were encouraged to walk around and grab lunch while waiting for our room.
We had a "standard room" which I think is code for small. The room was small and there was a queen bed which didn't really work for us. We asked for a room with a king bed but were told that there weren't any available. This was disappointing for us because we have a king bed at home and that' just we are use to sleeping in a big bed. If the room is important then the standard category is not for you. The décor is older as well, if you want something fresher then you'd be better off going to their sister facility, the Pearl.
We had plenty of closet and drawer space. The mini bar was restocked everyday. The cleaning service was great, everything was always cleaned and towels etc. were always replenished.
No one goes to all inclusive places for the food, but the food was really, really good. With the exception of a couple of cold items in the "hot" buffet tray at the buffet restaurant. The specialty restaurants were top notch! The lunch buffet by the pool and after hours pizza was great as well.
The bartenders are creative and my new best friends! The drinks were good, better than some of the other all inclusive places we stayed.
If you are looking for a good time and a happening party, this IS the place for you. Whether you are a pool, beach, hot tub, or club person....there was a good time to be had at any of the locations you like. What made this trip extra special on top of the food and drinks were the people that we met. All of the guests were nice. We met people who go back the same time every year and also people who were visiting for the first time like us. By the end of the trip it was like we all knew each other for years.
We check out the sister property, the Pearl, and it was beautiful and the grounds were lush. Everything was a little more spaced out. This facility is more compact. I like the convenience of everything being close together.
We are definitely going back to this resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Desire Resort & Spa is a unique couples only resort, the first and only of its kind in Mexico, that located on Cancun’s Riviera Maya will surround you with amazing landscaping and a deliciously erotic atmosphere to unleash your imagination and stimulate your senses. A place of freedom where fantasies become real, a place to abandon inhibitions and truly be you. Imagine sharing this paradise with like-minded couples who also seek a sensuous, clothing optional upscale venue or an adventurous lifestyle experience.Desire Resort & Spa Riviera Maya is a unique, adults only resort (+21) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, World Independent Hotel Promotion, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Desire Riviera Maya Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desire Hotel Riviera Maya
- Desire Resort Mexico
- Desire Resort & Spa
- Cancun Desire Resort
- Desire Resort Cancun
- Desire Resort And Spa
- Desire Riviera Maya Resort Mexico - Puerto Morelos