We have just returned from our 4th visit to The Desire Resort & Spa and we experienced the same excellent service we received in our last 3 visits. As we were staying 7 nights we were given free transportation from the airport to the resort and back. The van was there on our arrival and in less than 30 minutes we were checking in to a wonderful king size room in a very nice and quiet area of the resort. Just what we asked for and there is no need really for an ocean view room.
Even though this was just our fourth time it was so nice to be recognized by certain staff members who went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed, whether it was on the beach, at the "lobby" bar, hot tub or any of the restaurants.
Theme nights had changed which was nice and it gave Cheri a chance to wear different costumes at night. Disco music was a little better and that must come from the little survey you complete on what music you like when checking in. Hot tub was always clean and warm despite the use it gets plus the beds on the roof had been replaced and were much better.
It still is an adult resort of course and certain activities may not be everybody's taste but the rules are strictly enforced and certain activities are only allowed on the roof or in the play room and so if you don't want to partake in any activity there is no pressure from anybody to do so. The majority of people who vacation at Desire are friendly and always seem to have a lot of fun. We are not pool or game people so we relax on our bed on the beach during the day, meet similiar people and save the partying for the evening.
Once again the food and service in every restaurant was excellent and we enjoyed each one no matter what our tastes were. We found ourselves eating dinner 4 times in the international restaurant, once in the sushi (it can get a little loud) and the remainder in the buffet dining room. It so nice to have a dresscode for dinner and the majority always followed it. Ladies put on their sexiest dresses and men have to wear a nice shirt and pants.
We experienced a wonderful massage out on the beach for a very reasonable price, only distraction was they allow people to sit too close and their talking can be a little distracting when trying to relax. No big deal really.
We have to say this was our best vacation here out of the four, mainly because we knew what to expect and everybody helped exceed our expectations. We shall certainly return many more times.
Tony & Cheri
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Desire Resort & Spa is a unique couples only resort, the first and only of its kind in Mexico, that located on Cancun’s Riviera Maya will surround you with amazing landscaping and a deliciously erotic atmosphere to unleash your imagination and stimulate your senses. A place of freedom where fantasies become real, a place to abandon inhibitions and truly be you. Imagine sharing this paradise with like-minded couples who also seek a sensuous, clothing optional upscale venue or an adventurous lifestyle experience.Desire Resort & Spa Riviera Maya is a unique, adults only resort (+21) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Desire Riviera Maya Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desire Hotel Riviera Maya
- Desire Resort Mexico
- Desire Resort & Spa
- Cancun Desire Resort
- Desire Resort Cancun
- Desire Resort And Spa
- Desire Riviera Maya Resort Mexico - Puerto Morelos