“Can't beat La Playita!!”
Review of La Playita

La Playita
Ranked #19 of 152 Restaurants in Puerto Morelos
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 29, 2013

first off, location, location, location! then there is the food AMAZING freshest seafood anywhere! service is great. The ceviche is outstanding, the fish filets are outrageous! Lobster YUMMY! I think this is our new favorite beach place in Puerto Morelos. We were there for lunch on our anniversary and it did not disappoint! A must in Puerto Morelos.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Wonderful slab of coronado, preceded by cold cervezas and guacamole.

When we sat down, out came the chips and "dips". One was pumpkin seed, another looked tuna, but was a version of shark, and the last was a moist version of chicharron. Nicely seasoned and quite good.

All the food looks amazing, particularly the giant ceviches, and shrimp soup. I will return to try the octopus.

Happy family atmosphere at a local favorite.

1  Thank Tautog
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Great location on the beach, just north of the lighthouse. Fresh cheap seafood, cheap beers, and toes in the sand. Same owners and staff from La Petita. So same great service and fresh seafood. The price of lobster went up but still reasonable. We went for lunch once and again for an early dinner only for the chef to come out and say they were closed. We were bummed as it was our last night so a must stop for lunch!

1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The restaurant is on the beach and no-frills! We were recommended to La Playita by the owner of a local tour company so that we could have our fresh snapper prepared. Let me tell you that this was the best fresh fish I have ever eaten and I eat a lot of fish! The kids had chicken quesadillas that were amazing and I had the octopus salad which I loved! I will definitely come back to La Playita the next time we are in the area..........

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Our second night in PM we were walking on the beach trying to find a place that someone had recommended for a Mango Margarita when we stumbled across La Playita. We weren't sure where we were since we came in from the beach so we were kind of looking around. Then an elderly gentlemen came up and said to follow him and he took us to a large cooler, which he opened and it was full of fresh fish on ice. So, we sat down and ordered a fish dinner and it was delicious. Talk about fresh fish!