“Superb seafood”

Cuisines: Mexican
Hanover, New Hampshire
“Superb seafood”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This turned out to be a real find for us on our visit to Puerto Morelos recently. We loved that it said "family owned". The various ceviches were terrific, as were the fish fillets which were so fresh that no toppings or sauces were needed. Only disappointment was one very sullen waitress. Everyone else was terrific there.

Visited February 2013

Ontario
“I don't understand”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I just read the latest review of La Playita where the reviewer had a terrible meal. Deep fried fish is usually very safe as the oil kills everything so I don't understand how it didn't sit well.

We ate there every afternoon because it was the busiest time which to me translates as the 'freshest time'.

The fried fish comes with beans, rice, tortillas and the standard entree of nachos with green and red sauce dip. One fish was enough for the two of us. Ate the same thing every day and it was a treat. Plus nibbling around the bones takes time of which we had lots making for a long relaxing meal. We tried all the beers and Dos Equis and Pacifico were my favourites so order one with your fish. Cost without beer was around 80 pesos.

The setting is great behind a sand dune with plenty of shade.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Brian V
Lethbridge, Canada
“Not impressed”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

One of the chip dips looked and tasted like barf!! My digestive system was very OFF from eating there yesterday. Although the fried fish tasted great for the first few bites, it sat in my tummy like a greasy spoon. Rice & lettuce were terrible, as well as the tortillas. Have to say I was very disappointed by my meal. Waiter was very nice however.

Visited February 2013
Midland, Michigan
“Simplicity, excellent fresh fish, and great value”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We heard about this restaurant while on a snorkeling excursion in Puerto Morelos. Either snorkelers or the guides told us about it. It was not the easiest place to find. A young local guided us to the restaurant as we walked from the dock toward the city center. It is right on the beach, and you sit in white plastic chairs under a canopy. It was just opening around noon, and we sat with some other snorkelers, and had a few beers and appetizers. I had grouper in garlic sauce, and my spouse had ceviche. All I can say, is WOW! This food was great. And we've been coming to the Yucatan for over 15 years. We will be coming back here, and exploring this wonderful little town some more.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank FlipKal
River Falls, Wisconsin
“Our first and last stop when flying into Cancun”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Great fish and shrimp ceviche, enjoyed with your feet in the sand, palm trees overhead and the oven just over the sand dune. Great food, reasonable prices, wonderful location. How can you beat it?

• Visited January 2013