“Not impressed”

Cuisines: Mexican
Lethbridge, Canada
“Not impressed”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

One of the chip dips looked and tasted like barf!! My digestive system was very OFF from eating there yesterday. Although the fried fish tasted great for the first few bites, it sat in my tummy like a greasy spoon. Rice & lettuce were terrible, as well as the tortillas. Have to say I was very disappointed by my meal. Waiter was very nice however.

Visited February 2013

Midland, Michigan
“Simplicity, excellent fresh fish, and great value”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We heard about this restaurant while on a snorkeling excursion in Puerto Morelos. Either snorkelers or the guides told us about it. It was not the easiest place to find. A young local guided us to the restaurant as we walked from the dock toward the city center. It is right on the beach, and you sit in white plastic chairs under a canopy. It was just opening around noon, and we sat with some other snorkelers, and had a few beers and appetizers. I had grouper in garlic sauce, and my spouse had ceviche. All I can say, is WOW! This food was great. And we've been coming to the Yucatan for over 15 years. We will be coming back here, and exploring this wonderful little town some more.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank FlipKal
River Falls, Wisconsin
“Our first and last stop when flying into Cancun”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Great fish and shrimp ceviche, enjoyed with your feet in the sand, palm trees overhead and the oven just over the sand dune. Great food, reasonable prices, wonderful location. How can you beat it?

• Visited January 2013
Colorado
“Basic beautiful eats”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Good but not great. Overcooked a bit. Fair value. Typical beach cafe, very casual. I won't go out of my way to come back, but I'd eat there again.

Visited January 2013
Chicago
“Run, do not walk, to this restaurant if you are in Puerto Morelos.”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

La Playita came hightly recommended, and there were many people from our resort there. The fish was extremely fresh and delicious and eating at a table with your bare feet in the sand is wonderful. 25 peso beers to help you chill. The beach was barely occupied. I would go back here the next time I am in the area. There was live music when I was there, practically unheard of before dark.

• Visited December 2012