“What A Great Vacation!!”

Desire Riviera Maya Pearl Resort
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We did quite a bit of research before deciding on Desire Pearl. My wife and I are not lifestyle type people, but we do like clothing optional aspect that the Pearl offered. Upon arrival, we were greeted with champagne and escorted to our room without delay. Our ocean front room was just as it was described on the website, and was very comfortable and clean. The pool was quite large and there was plenty of seating surrounding the pool and on the beach. Most of our days started on the beach, but as soon as it started to warm up, we would head to the pool for relief. The staff always made sure that there was something to do to keep things lively. This included volleyball, water aerobics, basketball, and even belly dancing. Sadly, we missed the foam party which had just ended when we arrived. The drinks were non stop and the liquor was top shelf. It would have been nice to have a broader choice of beer available. Mirvala (sp?) was our waitress for the entire time, and she made our stay so nice. She went above and beyond her duty to make sure my wife and I had everything we needed. Food was delicious and was always available. Breakfast and lunch were mostly buffet style meals, but there was also an omelet station for breakfast and an open grill for lunch including steak, chicken, burgers, etc. For supper, we ate at at the Aphrodite most nights, and loved everything we tried. The portions are small but we never left feeling hungry. We saved a night at the Pearl restaurant for my wife's birthday, and it was fantastic. The nightlife is pretty much how it has been explained by the other reviews. The wife and I saw quite a few things that we had never seen before which was ok for the most part. We enjoyed the freedom that most people showed, and how most people were just there to have a good time. We were never pressured during our stay, and met several nice people while we were there. Sadly, we don't get to travel that often, but we will visit the Pearl again as soon as we can. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: We stayed on the quiet side which was perfect for us. Like others have noted, the hot tub area can...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank treyanddanielle
Alessio G, General Manager at Desire Riviera Maya Pearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time and share your experience at Desire Pearl. We are pleased to know you had such a great time with us.
It´s always so nice to get very positive feedbacks as yours because it means we´re doing things in the correct direction.
We will be so happy to host you back soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Ditto all the positive comments about this resort. First class all the way - our favorite of the Desire brand so far. And as an aside, we had a group from Desire RM who came for some action and left wishing they'd booked at Pearl - so, I think it's dependent on the week as to the age and activity level of the crowd. We have no complaints. I particularly want to call out the staff that made our stay so wonderful. Selene at the front desk - very sweet. Victor by the pool and beach beds - the hardest working guy I've ever seen. Jared, also by the beach beds and pool - very helpful. Evaristo and Carlos, butlers that didn't miss a trick. Marvila, drink service perfection - we couldn't stop drinking if we'd wanted to! HAHA (And, if she ever happens to see this, I'm bringing my own whistle next time! Hugs to Mia and best of everything to you!). Rodrigo at breakfast & lunch, knew our names and what we wanted before we knew it by the second day - amazing. Rodolfo at dinner - just wonderful and attentive. And last but certainly not least, the entertainment crew: Charlie, Jovani, Rachel, Jessica, Javier, Joy and Mango. They were all adorable in their own way - obviously enjoyed their jobs and each took the time to stop and chat. Our A/C Was not working when we checked in - so, I called the front desk and as another reviewer put it, they were knocking on the door as I hung up the phone. Fixed in a jiffy. True, it was hot in spots outside - but, Rodrigo told us they would be closing in the alfresco area by the Aphrodite restaurant and running A/C, so hopefully they'll do the same for the Sushi restaurant. It would be nice - although, we always had a nice breeze by the sea. So, here are the VERY minor suggestions for improvement: A/C for the Sushi restaurant, upgrade the chairs in the Pearl restaurant (I mean, what's with the plastic lawn chairs? Is it just me, or do they really fit the exceptional food and presentation?) and key access for the 1st floor room's sliders would be great. That's it. This is the first resort (of it's kind) with which we've made a serious return commitment (particularly since Los Cabos closed!). Thanks to everyone there for a wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: The noise from the jacuzzi can be heard in nearby rooms until 5AM...
2  Thank MHarbold
Alessio G, General Manager at Desire Riviera Maya Pearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. Seems like you had an exceptional time at Desire Pearl.
For us is an honor to know that our services and facilities fullfilled your expectations. I will personally share your comments with all the staff and encourage them to keep the great work.
We hope to have the opportunity to host to back in your next vacations.
Kindest regards from Paradise, Desire Pearl.
Truly yours.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We originally came here last year before it became popular & at that time said that the resort needed more people...needed more excitement...it was already beautiful, great service, nice spa, nice beach, large upscale rooms. They are now getting the people there, have a nice disco, playroom on the side of the disco, and the food is AWESOME. Also since we had been there, there have been very nice changes for the better.

We have been to all-inclusive resorts for years (Hedo II & III, Caliente Caribe and Desire RM) but Desire Pearl is the definitely Paradise on Earth.We are so limited in clothing optional and lifestyle friendly resorts, so it is awesome that we have such an upscale, beautiful choice in Desire Pearl.

We suggest you arrange for transportation from/to the airport ($80 round trip per couple)...it's about a 30 minute ride from the airport to the resort. We stayed in a MasterSuite (a separate bathroom for each of us), which has a large living room area. We chose a room on the ground floor, so we could use our back sliding glass door to go back & forth to the hot tub & pool. If you have a ground floor room though, you don't get a good view of the ocean. We had friends in the regular ocean rooms & even though they are less area, they are also upscale with beautiful furnishing & decor and much large than rooms at Hedonism.

Our favorites at Desire Pearl: VERY clean everywhere, service, the swim up pool bar, swim up hot tub bar, playroom off the disco, service, large upscale rooms, FOOD was awesome (even with me who has health issues), able to dress casual for breakfast & lunch...did we mention SERVICE.

Also nice: At the pool the servers always seem available to take your drink order, room service available, lunch can be buffet or "order from menu", each evening an alternative dinner (sometimes buffet) was available in the restaurant overlooking the beach, always a bar open, beautiful spa, plenty of lawn chairs in & around the pool, plenty of towels, our guest room cleaned or straightened twice a day,

Complaints: Too hot for us to eat outside for the sushi bar, only had 2 menu choices in restaurant...not enough when you're staying a couple of weeks, no elevators in resort, so you may wish to choose a lower floor.

The entertainment staff is very friendly and lead activities around and in the pool during the day. There is live music just off the lobby most nights & the disco opens at night and has a show every night. There are different themes each evening, so be sure to check out the website to know what to pack, if you wish to participate (most couples seem to enjoy participating).

They have an on-premise dive program for us scuba divers...it's an extra cost, but well worth it. There are also other excursions available from the resort that can be arranged.

It's not required to tip, but the service is so amazing that you'll want to reward them...bring plenty of ones & fives.

We enjoyed ourselves SO MUCH that we're returning in September...can't wait!

Room Tip: If you prefer a view, request a room on the 1st or 2nd floor. If you enjoy going out your back slidi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank muchfuntravelin
Alessio G, General Manager at Desire Riviera Maya Pearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking a moment to write about your experience at Desire Pearl.
I´m so glad you had a great time and that you´ve found "Paradise on Earth". All your comments and suggestions have been passed to all the staff.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you very soon. If there is anything we can do to make your next visit even better, do not hestitate to contact us.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We love to research our vacations. We buy books, read reviews and talk to people who have been there, and this vacation was no different. As the first leg of a multi pronged vacation, we were a bit nervous but more excited.

We arrived on a Tuesday afternoon and to be honest, we were a little nervous on the drive from the airport. Not because of the potential nakedness or the anticipation of meeting new guests to potentially play with (we are swingers) but because the road to the resort is really bumpy and riddled with shanty like homes and signs warning of crocodiles.

However one you get to the actual resort, it is really paradise. The open air lobby is beautiful and decorated in modern Asian decor. We checked in right away and were given champagne and cool towels. We were given it room keys and brought to our room (12) which is a master suite. This room for us was in the perfect location (our balconies looked out onto the hot tub and further to the ocean).

The room is so spacious and had 2 full bathrooms. It was decorated with rose petals and champagne. We could not have been happier about the room, the location or the the fact that we could play in front off all of the hot tubers and we could watch them as well.

The food was amazing, as someone who has tons (think gluten free, no corn, milk, and some fruits and veggies) of allergies, this place was a fantasy when it came to food. Nothing was off limits or ungetable. At one point I asked for soy milk and someone literally ran to deliver it to me. While there was a small fee of $50 for this alternate menu (for the week!) I would have paid $50 extra per day if asked.

The beach, pool and hot tub are perfect and always the perfect temp for us. The drinks flowed freely but I would recommend bringing plenty of ones and fives for tips. The staff are really amazing. I can't say enough about David, Hector, Adolfo and all of the amazing staff. I can be picky and I expect high level service and this staff blew our minds.

Finally for our fellow swinging friends: we are a young 36 and 33 years old. We like to play with people our age give or take these people were not there. (Except our friends from Bahrain-next time you are in the area give us a shout!). We did spend the day at Desire RM and loved the atmosphere so much more. More outgoing pool games, and the people were friendlier and more our age. We didn't care for the amenities as much as RM but the people definitely make up for it.

In the future we probably would split the time more evenly between the two resorts. On another note, you MUST get the sensual massage. Dear Lord, you have never had a massage like this and if you have please let me know where it can be done in the US!!!

The bottom line? If Desire could somehow get the RM peeps to stay at Pearl, it would be heaven on earth and we would never leave.

9  Thank AlexandSarahConcord
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I just came back from visiting this wonderful resort, there is nothing I can complain about as far as the hotel is concerned. The staff really wait on you hand and foot as if you arethe only person there, my glass was never empty. The staff is spectacular, I had an issue with my tub in the room and called the front desk for maintenance and by the time I hung up the phone someone was knocking on my door to repair the problem but then drew my bath for me as well. I have never been to a hotel where they literally made me feel like royalty. The scenery was breathtaking and ususally on vacation I never want to awake early but this place makes you want to set your alarm just to watch the sunrise.This has to be hands down the best vacation I have been on, I will definitely be visiting here many more times.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank amber N
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I just returned from Desire Pearl (June 30 - July 7). Hands down it was the best vacation we have ever taken together as a couple (26 years married). This was the first time we had ever booked at a nudist/lifestyle resort. We did a lot of research on-line regarding all the various options we had. We read all of the reviews here on Desire Pearl, which helped us decide to book there. It was absolutely the best decision. We are in our 40's almost empty nesters and reengaging in our life as a couple not "raising" kids any more. It was very much a honeymoon.

Desire Pearl is a beautiful secluded and highly erotic place to be. We are not active life-styler's per se; although we have had some experiences with friends of ours over the years. In our twenties we use to nude sun bath at nudist beaches, but had not really since then. From the moment we walked into the Lobby at Desire Pearl, we were welcomed and made to feel at home. As a matter of fact, one evening, my wife decided to bring a snack back to the room from dinner, and asked if she could do so. The Aphrodite Restaurant host (Rocky) smiled and said to her that this was her home. That was just great!

Desire Pearl is immaculate and very clean. They are continuing to We decided to up-grade to a Penthouse from a Master Suite, and it was well worth it. If you can afford to do so - do it!

The food was great, well prepared and presented. My wife has a few food allergies and had no problems what so ever. They accommodated her every request with zeal.

At Desire Pearl there is EVERY Body type imaginable - no one will feel self conscious. The beach, the pool and jacuzzi every day was a blast with all kinds of activities. The Foam Party on Saturday was an absolute blast. If you want to see a bunch of adults turn into kids, fill the pool with foam and play fun music...although hands do roam, which is fun too! We laughed so hard.

We met more wonderful people from every walk of life and created some new friendships...being naked removes all pretension. Conversations just seemed more real and genuine. As far as the lifestyle aspect goes, you can do as much or as little as you would like. There is no pressure what-so-ever. If you do not want to see sexual activities then avoid the jacuzzi after 4:30 p.m. when the pool bar closes...things tend to begin then and really heat up there after leaving the Disco in the early hours of the morning. The Playroom is off the Disco and is used by life-stylers and non-lifestylers alike...again, as much or as little as you would like.

At Desire Pearl you will leave refreshed, relaxed, reconnected and looking to reschedule your next trip, which we are already looking at doing. They have really created something unique and special at Desire Pearl. Your privacy is highly valued at Pearl and they do a great job at maintaining it. They even post security by the beach to ward off any beach walkers (gawkers) would try to wander up to take a look.

As special mention goes out to Jared, Victor, Marvilla, Rocky, Kenya, Juan Pablo, Victoria (Concierge), Jess, Javier & the new addition Joy (activities directors) all did an amazing job.

If you are leaning toward or seriously considering a naked vacation, go to Desire Peal. You will not be disappointed.

KS

Room Tip: Quiet end of the pool to be closer to the beach. The Jacuzzi side room can be noisy...it "offi...
4  Thank Winterpast83
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Went back to Desire Pearl for our 2nd time June 16-23rd. We had a good time. Service was great. Victor & Jared at the beach/pool are very friendly & outgoing as is Juan at the lobby bar. Loved the pool foam party; what fun! Entertainment staff was great! The only thing I miss is the dinner buffet they used to have at the now Pearl restaurant. Only ate their once during our 7-night stay as neither of us are into into Mediterranean type food. But, the evening we did eat in there, it was good. Very small portions, however good. And yes, you can order as much as you like. Would like to see A/C (or more of it) in the enclosed portions of restaurants. I'd still like to see them consider taking out the pond as it really doesn't serve any purpose and put beds & seating out there. Kinda like the other Desire has. Also, we went again for 7 nights and for us, that's just too long for such a small resort. Next time we'll do 4 or 5 nights. :) And yes, there will be a next time.
PS Love the free wifi but it was pretty shotty.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya
Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya
#3 of 28 in Puerto Morelos

Been to Desire Riviera Maya Pearl Resort? Share your experiences!