“Very Mixed Review”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 27, 2019

First time: Dinner was fantastic. My ajillo al mojo de ajo fresh caught red grouper filet was cooked perfectly, wonderful. My husband's robilo (snook) whole fish with garlic/butter was perfect. 5 stars. Was so good we went back 3 days later.

Mistake: After much discussion with the server, pointing to the item on the menu, and inputting the same order into her phone, I ordered the same thing, but this time the fresh caught was (I don't remember). I ordered it filleted with ajillo al mojo de ajo. It came out whole fish with butter/garlic sauce and overcooked. My husband ordered Arrachera, which was tough and overcooked. We each had one bite, paid and left after explaining that a whole fish was not ever close to a fillet. 1 Star.

We have traveled extensively to other countries (mostly Southeast Asia), been served what we didn't ask for, and ate it happily, always a new adventure. This is the first time we have had such a horrible experience after having gone through so much explaining to get what I wanted.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick bite and a some drinks. We ordered the fajitas and I asked for some hot sauce, thinking we would get a bottle of Tapitio or Cholula. After a few minutes our friendly waitress brought back the best homemade habanero sauce I’ve ever had. Be forewarned, it’s hot, but more than that it complemented the fajitas perfectly! On top of the great, inexpensive food and drinks, the upper deck overlooks the town square and is a great place to see all that Puerto has to offer.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 30, 2019

We had not tried this restaurant on previous visits to Puerto Morelos ...but we are glad we finally did. The restaurant is a fisherman's co-operative restaurant and sells fresh caught fish of the day. It is upstairs from the fish stall itself. Service was fast and friendly. After ordering a glass of wine ( large size!) we waited for our orders. I ordered the grilled hogfish...something I had never heard of or tried before. It was meaty and delicious ... a generous helping. My husband ordered the grilled shrimp and received a good size portion of butterflied shrimp which he said were tasty and satisfying. Prices are very reasonable and we were lucky enough to have a table overlooking the main square. Great atmosphere...certainly worth the trip. Would definitely return.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 22, 2019

Best place in town for seafood! Great service, food and prices! And lovely view of the square!
They are amazing if you have kids!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed January 27, 2019 via mobile

Lovely and simple. Fish whatever has been caught that day with rice & veg.
I had hogfish my husband had grouper simply grilled: no fuss
Good service. Wine by the glass or beers.
Excellent value for money.
Job done.