“Great Resort-Had a great stay at NOW Sapphire”

Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Bedford, Massachusetts
“Great Resort-Had a great stay at NOW Sapphire”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

For all who have been wondering about the APPLE Vacation Square Deals: ~ We just returned from a 5-square deal Boston-Mayan Riviera. We didn't find out which resort until we checked in at the airport in Boston. We happily ended up at the "NOW Sapphire" resort. Apple Vacations rated it a 6 apple, but I'd give it at most a pleasing 5 star rating. Foremost, I must say that the staff service was outstanding. They were all extremely polite and attentive. They really bust their behinds to cater to whatever you need. The beautiful tropical grounds were neatly manicured, clean rooms, great food at buffet (some nights were themed) and restaurants were remarkably good. No reservations needed except at the Japanese restaurant. The others provided pagers while you wait. The beach was great, with soft powdery sand, no rocks whatsoever. If you are planning on needing some shade, I'd advise that you get out early before 7am to get a shaded beach hut. Seems everyone gets up early to reserve huts and chairs with their towels and belongings. The pool was huge and clean, but the poolside music could barely be heard unless you were within 30 feet from the sound system. They also had a separate pool area for families with kids. The nightly shows in the theater varied and were entertaining but only lasted 45-50 minutes. They had a great Elvis impersonator (Reggie Randolph) and some talented international dancers that were fabulous. Following that in the main lobby bar, they had bands that played the same music/songs day after day. They have a small nightclub with karaoke, videos. Again here, whatever they offered was for less than an hour long. I think it was a great place and would recommend this resort , but suggest they switch up the entertainment a bit. Kick it up a notch or two. Hope this was helpful.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank ottumnite69
NowSapphireRC, E Concierge at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, February 11, 2011
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your comments on Tripdavisor, they are very important for us.

It is great to know you enjoyed the Reggie Randolph show; I will share your comment with our Team Entertainment manager.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with others, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Now Sapphire Riviera
Cancun soon.

With kind regards,

E Concierge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,278)
  • Polish first
Loves Park, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

What a wondeful vacation my husband and I had at the Now Sapphire. Everything about the resort was wonderful except for the end of our trip. Because of the blizzard back home we could not fly out on Wednesday February 2, excited at first but then found out the cost of our room for the extra night ( $487.00 ) and we just had a regular room - that was a real bad way to have things end .
Everything was beautiful from the resort landscaping, beach, rooms, lobby, the workers always went above and beyond what they needed to do, always friendly and ready to help. Food was good, drinks good but sometimes did have to ask for extra alcohol not a problem happy to give it to you. Our room was always VERY clean, a few times came back from the beach to find the maid had done something extra special for us ( towels animals, flowers). Before the extended part of the trip we already knew we wanted to come back next year but after the big room charge because of the snow we will have to see. Also Apple Rep at the resort was no help at all, we actually had to call back to the US and talk to our Rep which was very expensive . Staff was wonderful so please don't forget to tip !!!!

Rockford, IL

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
NowSapphireRC, E Concierge at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, February 9, 2011
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to submit your posting to Trip Advisor.
I wanted to start by thanking your for staying with us, it is great to know you enjoyed your stay, the beach, rooms, lobby and the staff went above and beyond. They will be happy to know they were able to assist you.

I sincerely regret the situation you experienced for returning at home, because the snow in your country, I will share your comment with the Executive Committee.

We really hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

Upon arrival I found everyone very kind and friendly.Service was excellent and food was very good.I traveled to basically relax and I enjoyed every moment.I paid $200 extra and changed my room to preferred status and it was well worth it.It came with all the perks.Weather was wonderful and everyone mingled just having a great time.Unfortunately there were a few downfalls.Tips were encouraged which made you feel uncomfortable.Also we were invited to Dreams resort for breakfast and a tour.Our tour guide was new and had know idea which room he was assigned to show us. Next we were greeted by Helio who said he was the boss and he pressured us to pay into a travel contract.He made comment such as,you look smart and your not getting any younger.I would have thought since he said he was the boss he would have used a better choice of words.I also learned later if you change American dollars over to pesos you had a very hard time converting it back,they refused to give you the exact change by keeping your change.Over all it's a very good resort but they need to take a better approach when communicating.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to read that your experiences with our staff and service were excellent. They will be so pleased to know they were able to assist you.

Thank you for sharing your valuable comments; I will address them to UVC. I am sure that they will take note about your disappointment.

We greatly appreciate your visit and we hope to be able to serve you again.

With kind regards,

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

We just returned from Riviera Maya and were very disappointed in this so called six star resort. Checking in was a disaster, Mario the manager of the front desk was very cold, curt and unaccommodating. Day one of checking in rooms weren't ready as promised. Only one of our two couples got what was ordered. Day two after being told we had to change rooms, we were told our new room would be ready no later than 3:00, but at 4:30 we were rudely shoved off by Mario. Thank goodness for the Apple rep who saved the day by talking with Mario even though he acted like we weren't even visible by totally ignoring us. It was so insulting. Top shelf liquor....NOT, big lie. Each time we asked they said we're out until you threw them a couple bucks. Just a very frustrating experience. Definitely would not return.....

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jesspowpow
NowSapphireRC, E Concierge at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and for giving us the possibility to follow up with the front desk manager. Customer service is very important to us and we always train our staff to provide the best level of service, and to make our guests' stay as enjoyable as possible. I am sorry to hear you did not experience this.

I really hope you will give us another possibility and come back again at the Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun.

Cordially yours

Camrose, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

We loved our stay at the Now Sapphire the resort was beautiful. We stayed as preferred club members. Our room looked on to the ocean we had a magnificent veiw.

The preferred club beach area was wonderful, Ivan always looked after us our drinks were never empty and we always had dry towels. Everyone should try their mango tangos and their pina colodas they were delicious!

The food was awesome! I suggest trying all of them, the food was wonderful right from the Marketplace for breakfast to the Japenese restaurant for supper.

The resort was always so neat and tidy and the staff were all so nice. The preferred pool was awesome a little cold but awesome. It was always quiet there and there was always a chair to be had.

The resort was only 20 minutes from Cancun so it didn't take long to get there, but it was along ways from Tulum and Xel Ha. It's a long day if you go to these places.

I loved the preferred lounge it was always cool in there and the service was great. We used the internet to stay in contact with friend and family. They were very accomodating.

Thank you Now Sapphire for making our holiday the best ever. I will definitely recommend your resort to friends and family.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RR2011
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your review on your time at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun. I am delighted you had a pleasant stay with us and that you were particularly happy with Preferred Club and the the staff service, especially from Ivan. I will share your comments with the hotel staff and Ivan as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Cancun, and thank for your recommendation.

New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

The now sapphire hotel is an execellent resort to visit with friends or family (although I would personally consider it more of an adult resort)...the food was great, the service was top notch and the entertainment kept me moving all day long! I will definitely go back, maybe even this year!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Sir /Madam,

Many thanks for your review on your recent stay with us at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun.

It is always pleasing to receive positive comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2011

This is our 6th all inclusive, 4th time to Mexico. We are in our early 30's with no kids. Now that you know everything about us, I'll move onto the review...

The first thing I will say is that had we not upgraded to preferred club, I believe the vacation would have been significantly different. Not to say it would have been terrible, but I think the little extras that come along with preferred club changed our vacation and made it alot better.

Room: The resort has a dozen or so buildings with 5 oceanfront. Preferred club oceanfront at this resort is worth it. The buildings are VERY close to the beach and with our main floor room, we could walk off the balcony and within 5 feet, be on the beach. At first, I did not want to be on the main floor, however, being able to quickly go back to the room to grab something, go to the bathroom, etc, made it very convenient. The room had a king bed, large shower with bench, jacuzzi on the deck and upgraded mini bar. I was worried about privacy being on the main floor, but this resort is pretty tame at night, so sitting in the jacuzzi after dark was no problem. Also, no matter what floor you are on, the way the rooms are staggered, the rooms next to you can see onto your balcony.

Beach: There were issues every day about not enough palapas and we did see a lot of people going out very early to reserve their chairs. As part of the preferred club, you have a beach concierge (Ivan was AMAZING!!!). You let him know you would like to have a palapa reserved and he will reserve one for you. Ivan and I got along great and he was able to get us a palapa directly outside of our room for the entire stay. The preferred club palapas are nearest to the beach bar and we rarely had to go to the bar as Ivan or the bar staff came around to take our drink orders. To those that have not upgraded, be careful to not put your towels on the chairs of the preferred club spots as we noticed several people being removed from the spots around 9:00. and believe me, by 9:00 there are no palapas left. It would probably ruin my day if I got up really early, walked all the way to the beach to claim a spot only to find out later that it was a reserved spot and now have nowhere to lay down....

Preferred Pool: At this time of year, the wind can be an issue in Mexico. In the mornings it tends to be calm and as the day progresses, the wind can pick up. On the beach, there is obviously no block from the wind so although it may be sunny, it's not that hot. The preferred pool is VERY sheltered with beautiful foliage/trees. It is also very quiet and usually was not busy at all. We would head to the preferred pool when the wind would pick up and find a nice quiet spot by the pool. Because of the lack of wind, it would instantly feel 10-15 degrees celcius warmer. They removed loud groups of partiers twice from the preferred pool so if you are a with a loud group, tipping will get you nowhere, you will be asked to go to the main pool. This is a quiet spot to avoid the noise of the beach or main pool. They come around with exotic fruit, wraps, treats, etc as well. Lastly, the preferred pool is still cold but with the lack of wind, we found ourselves getting really hot and enjoying the cool down of the pool.

Food: I won't say much, the food is above average and there is enough restaurants to satisfy a week-long stay. You can go the the Now Jade resort for dinner as well and they have MUCH nicer restaurants. We went to the French at the Now Jade and it was incredible! You only have to pay for transport and it was about 20$ each way by taxi. It's a 45 minute walk along the beach if you don't want to cab it.

Overall: I think if I had to walk to the beach 15 minutes each way from my room, HOPE for a palapa, put up with the wind, stare at trees from my balcony, etc, it would have been a typical Mexican vacation. With preferred club, most of those worries are removed, so when something negative did happen, it was the ONLY negative thing rather than YET ANOTHER negative thing. This went a long way for us and we really enjoyed our vacation!

Hope this helps.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank thelazyadventurer
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. I will address your observations to the Operations staff.

Regarding your comment about Preferred Club and Deluxe Suites, the difference is the amenities. The staff is the same with the standards and philosophy. Preferred Club has additional benefits which can make our guests more comfortable, however guests in the Deluxe Suites can enjoy the main pool and activities pool, shows, bars, etc. I am happy to know you enjoyed your stay and that the Preferred Staff was able to assist you, especially Ivan our Beach Concierge, who is an excellent employee. I will share your comment with him.
Despite the swimming regulations guests leave towels or personal belongings on the beach chairs at the beach or at the main pool area. It is difficult sometimes when guests don't respect the rules; however there are guests who do understand the situation.

We look forward to hosting you soon at the Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Morelos
Ocean Coral & Turquesa
Ocean Coral & Turquesa
#13 of 26 in Puerto Morelos
4.0 of 5 bubbles 11,044 reviews

Been to Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!