We just returned last night and had a wonderful time. The weather was great, the resort was beautiful, and the food was some of the best we have ever eaten anywhere. We arrived via Allegiant Air/ Apple Vacations out of Rockford on Jan.26th. The transfer to the airport was easy to locate and quick to depart. The drive to the resort took about 20mins. max. We booked Preferred Club, so we were given a private more personalized check in. We were a little disappointed to find out later that you could up grade to preferred during check in for a far cheaper price than what we had paid when we booked. Live and learn I guess. Our room, 310, was fabulous. The ocean front view was amazing, the king sized bed was very comfortable, and the jacuzzi tub on the balcony was a nice extra. There is not much for privacy on the balcony but we only had people on one side of us for half our stay. The preferred club lounge was nice for the free internet access, light food and drinks, but they only checked our room number once, so not sure how exclusive it is really . The staff was very nice and helpful. The pool bar seemed under staffed and the wait for a drink was longer than most. There are also a lot of bees buzzing around the bar, but only saw one person get stung. We tried all the resturants except the Mexican. Our favorite was the french. The food there was incredible. I highly recommend the beef filet, the sea scallop skewer and the crab and clam bisque. The pools were a bit cold, but the ocean was swimable. Yes, there is seaweed on the beach and in the water, but it is no big deal. We did seem angel fish swimming in knee deep water, and other little fish as well.
We were to return to Rockford on Feb.2nd the day after the blizzard that shut down half of the country. As expected, our flight was cancelled. Here is where the vacation went downhill. The apple reps at the hotel were overwhelmed with stranded travelers. Sadly the apple reps are not connected to the internet to keep ahead of the situation, so all information they had was via phone. It was very frustrating to me that we knew more than them about what was going on with our flight. They told us they would help us get the lowest possible room rate for our additional night or help us find a room elsewhere, but if we left the resort we would have to pay our own transportation to the new hotel. We opted to stay another night at a rate that we could have gotten ourselves off the internet. There was no savings or discount to be had. We ended up having to move out of our room and into a room with two double beds and a tropical view. Which was fine, but for over $400.00, I would have thought they would have let us stay put. We were all shell shocked at the price, since we knew that there were going to be many travelers not making it in due to the weather as well. It was disappointing to know that the resort had no empathy for our situation and only wanted to capitalize on our misfortune. The next day we checked our flight on line before even talking to the apple reps and discovered it was delayed two hours. We informed them of this and got the bums rush out of there, and were told everything was running on time. I just love when people lie to my face. We got the feeling they just wanted us out of there rather than arrange for later transport. This was our first trip with apple vacations and may be our last. There was many others on the flight home that had similar experiences with the apple reps at their resorts. Apple vacations needs to due some serious customer service work with their Mexican reps, and also needs to give them internet access to allow them to have access to the information the guests do. It was a sad way to end such a wonderful trip.
I will add pictures later...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Sapphire Riviera cancun Set in a tropical landscape of palm trees, soft sand and sparkling azure sea, combining a AAA Four Diamond award designation with Unlimited-Luxury(R) amenities, Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun redefines all-inclusive and offers the perfect escape for families with teens and tweens, couples and friends. Our Unlimited-Luxury(R) experience at Now Sapphire, where everything is included, is redefining all-inclusive. Spacious rooms and suites are graciously appointed and luxuriously equipped with amenities. Active and lively settings provide entertainment for guests of all ages, including kids, teens and tweens with the supervised Explorer's Club for Kids with Red Cross certified staff and Core Zone Teens Club. It's all wristband-free! At Now Sapphire, these amenities include: Limitless access to gourmet à la carte dining options without reservations required Unlimited international & domestic top-shelf spirits Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks 24-hour room, 24-hour Coco Cafe & concierge services Pool and beach wait service Daily refreshed mini-bar with soft drinks, juice, bottled water & beer Daily maid service Endless daytime activities and nightly entertainment Theme parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues No wristbands required All taxes and gratuities Enjoy free Wi-Fi and free international calling to the US, Canada and Mexico with Unlimited Connectivity. The mobile app also allows guests to view the schedules of all events, activities and restaurants at the resort, plus to learn about local destinations, excursions, and much more Unlimited-Luxury(R) for reconnecting every generation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Riviera Maya
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Resort
- Paradisus Cancun
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos