“Great Service”

Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We were at the Sapphire Sept. 10-16. We have only been to one other all-inclusive,Iberostar Tulum, last year so comparisons can't be helped. We were in a Preferred section trop view room 525(free upgrade). Room was very good location great, close to beach a little, welcomed, walk to lobby. Room needs more drawer space I remember that being the same as before. Internet access was only available when I was on the terrace.We are beach people and it was very nice, yes seaweed but that's nature. Water very nice due to the reef also no boat traffic like last year (further south) also because of the reef being a national park. We were at the main pool for a couple of hours once. Very pretty pool but not us, too loud but good for people watching.
Food I would say was good overall. Due to only 40% occupancy only 2 +buffet we open each night but we made it to all except Mexican. We felt the best was the Cibu good selection good preparation, next the Grill good rib eye, but hey have ended the free lobster tail for preferred members even though it said it was free on the menu and after pointing that out to our waiter they relented and my wife got one it was just ok. The Lemongrass was fun, food ok a little over cooked. French limited selection a lot of show quality ok preparation bland. Market Place overall ok quality food choices fair especially at breakfast. Tulum's buffet at breakfast was much larger and varied day to day with different cold meats and cheeses Sapphire had the same meat (ham) and cheese every day but they did have Mimosa and/or Bloody Mary bar. We went Italian night and Mexican night(held in the theater) and they were good. They need some way to get lunch food like a hotdog, hamburger etc and not have to sit down at a table.
Service was great. Almost everyone very friendly. Other items we liked better than Tulum, no towel card, we were able to take as many as we wanted and no limit on how often we went to the restaurants.
We did go to the preferred pool one afternoon and on our last day due to it being very windy (trop storm Karl). It was great. The Bali bed very nice, quiet, great bar service maybe 6-7 other couples there. Overall a very good experience, we did do scuba diving through the resort to the reef, fun, and took a cab to Puerto Morelos, nice small town shouldn't be missed.
We had a problem with delayed luggage due to flight issues. Isabel in the preferred club arranged for one of the bell men to go to the airport to retrieve our bags sine Delta had no one to deliver them. This was service above and beyond. Also a gentleman at the preferred pool aske us if he could make reservations at Lemongrass for us. All service was great

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Roblc
NowSapphireRC, E Concierge at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2010

Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor. For us it is very important to know our guest´s satisfaction in order to make the necessary corrections in our service, also we shared the comments with the hotel staff.

It is a great satisfaction to know you enjoyed the food at the Market Café, Mediterranean, Japanese and French Restaurants.

Regarding your compliments of our employe Isabel, it is very much appreciated. I have informed her and Preferred Pool of your kindness to make them aware of your satisfaction with their service.

We would like to thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cordially yours,

Econcierge

Write a ReviewReviews (7,590)

Reviewed September 20, 2010

I stayed at the now sapphire from sept 9-16th. First and foremost I would like to say, that ppl that have complained drasitcally about this hotel need a reality check. Like any other place that you would visit, there are some things that need worked on, but please keep in mind they are still undergoing changes. From the second we got there, to the second we left everything was pretty much perfect. We arrived 3 hours before check in and had no problems getting taken to our room right away. We were greeted with champaign and towels which was great. We were in building 5 which was great because even though we were garden view, it was basically right on the beach, which may i say is beautiful.

The restraunts, though not open every night serve great food..the buffet is great also for breakfast and lunch, we never ate there for dinner, we either ate at a restraunt or got the room serice which was extremly fast, and the club sandwich is delicious.

The service is great, espically Carlos & Angel, but everyone works to make your stay amazing and they do! If anyone has any complaints about the service, they are absolutly ridiculous.

Beach like I said is beautiful, yes there is some sea grass..not a big deal, we went in the water everyday and had no problem.

All in all the resort is amazing and the only way I can see complaining is if you need to be a million dollar resort, you are on vacation-have fun, have some drinks, & relax!

4  Thank spu21

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thanks for posting you feedback about your past stay at the Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun. It is great that you let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will share your comment with Carlos & Angel, they will be pleased to hear that they were able to assist you.

Thanks for staying with us, we really hope to see you back very soon.

Econcierge

Reviewed September 14, 2010

Went for 5 days in early Sept; it was definitely down season, resort was 20% full. Overall, its a nice resort going through transition (Now took over in May 2010), so certain things were still under the old brand. Service was good overall, staff was great, front desk was ok. Rooms was spacious and clean, although given transition things were missing based on their brochure (flat-screen tv, mp3-dock alarm, slippers). Beach was nice. Overall, if you are looking for a relaxing time on the beach, this is a good spot. Booked on cheapcarribean.com; slightly cheaper than Applevacations. Also, great to go when its down-season with no kids running around.

Below are some specifics dos / don'ts.

Things Not To Do:
1. Don't exchange money at Cancun Airport. Cancun apparently is a destinated tourist area, so exchange rates and taxi are substantially more expensive. You don't actually need to exchange any money, b/c tips and other charges can be paid in $USD; just bring a lot of singles. Tour sites also accept USD.
2. No need to book tours from home (maybe not true during peak season). Hotel has Amstar and Olympia Tours, and pricing is competitive. Most of the sites are essentially tourist traps where they charge USD prices. Heard locals get 50% discount.
Xcaret (eco-park) - $99 admission; XelHa (eco-park) - $79 admission fee. So you paid a little extra $20-25 for transportation to these places. They also had a $49 half-day Tulum tour or Tulum/Xelha for $139.
3. Car rental is expensive, $80-100/day from hotel. Only works if you are going to multiple spots a day or if you have a large group.
4. Can use airport designated cab company to travel back/forth from hotel. Its call Cancun Shuttle, roundtrip fare is $65-75 to hotel, which is cheapest I found. They go direct, so no other dropoffs. $65 if you book early.
5. Avoid guys you see when you clear customs at Cancun airport, trying to sell you timeshares essentially.

What To Do:
1. Spa was great; they had a 2 for 1 special during certain hours during day. You can use the facility prior/after your spa treatment, so you can spend 3-4 hours there hanging out. Its a nice day.
2. Drinks are weak - so ask for stuff on the rocks. They water down drinks, and stuff is mostly local and some medium shelf stuff. Only coronas at hotel, no other beer. Heard Sol is good down there if you get to travel outside resort.
3. Ask for room close to beach, towers 1-5 I think. Its worth it to be steps away from beach even if you have a garden view.
4. Make at least one trip out of resort. If you are really bored, they had a free shopping trip to canun or a $15 shopping trip to Playa Del Carmen.
5. Buffet is pretty consistent and good, french is best among theme restaurants. Just be warned, food can be very salty and they use a ton of butter on everything.
6. Night entertainment is pretty good, generally goes from 8-11pm. Movies on beach, mexican shows, live bands, etc.
7. Bring mosquito repelent, not so bad at resort, but if you visit one of the eco-parks, it might be trouble.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Travel_King058
NowSapphireRC, econcierge at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2010

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay in Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun with us and on Tripadvisor.

I will share your comment about the food with our Executive Chef. Our entertainment team will be happy to know you liked all the activities during your stay.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience in Tripadvisor, and I look forward to welcoming you soon in the near future

Reviewed September 14, 2010

I was at the hotel from Sept 4-10, 2010. I will start by saying that I'm a travel agent and have not been to an all-inclusive since 1985. I booked my package through Pleasant Holidays. I had a pleasant experience, and would return to the NOW Sapphire Resort, but there is still some work to be done. If you have a resort credit make sure you know what it is good for before arriving.

Arrival: After collecting luggage and clearing customs - run...past the guys in the airport to the Best Day Tour people (blue pants, white shirts) fast and efficient transfers.
Hotel: Front Desk Staff: Fine, not the friendliest people, but the rest of the staff make up for it. Are room was ready, we stayed in building 6 - all the way at the end of the property. So the walk to the restaurants and pool was a good walk.

Room: Nice size room and bathroom. We were on the ground floor-need new patio furniture. The BED......very hard, but suffered through it. Asked for a mattress pad, never recieved it. Room service was fast and efficient. We did tip are room service attendant.

Beach: So pretty....white sand, not hot, lots of chairs (low season). There is seaweed in the water. It sort of looks like someone mowed and dumped the grass in the water. It really did not bother me. Great beach for long walks. Bartender on beach great, did tip him one day.

Hotel: Lobby and public space is all open air, no a/c. It got very hot at times. We were always searching for a brezzy spot in the main lounge. If A/C is important don't come to this resort, but if you like a well maintained resort it was lovely. The jewelry store has some beautiful pieces - did my Christmas shopping.

Dining: I enjoyed the buffet for breakfast and lunch. There was always a nice verity of hot and cold foods. The salad bar was great. The staff-WONDERFUL. Ask Isreal for a glass of "Dos Perros" he will laugh.... Be careful of the sauces....calente.....
We ate at all the Restaurants. They have been renamed so what you see on the web site is not correct.
Med: food good, service a little slow
Mexican: food bad, service good. Don't order the shrimp, it's frozen and overcooked.
French: pretty restaurant, food and service very good.
Asian: get in line by 5:30pm - fun, food and service was good.
**** I can't say "Great" for any of the restaurants, but was all good.

Wine: house wine - horrible........They have a nice wine list, but it's expensive, we didn't care.

Tipping: I never felt that I need to, but there were people I did recognize at the end of my stay. Now if you sit your bottom at the pool bar or the lobby bar all week tip those people, they really do appreciate it.

Spa: Not as happy with this part of the resort. Open air very hot. Too hot to enjoy the facility. My facial was not the best.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
5  Thank maxford

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor, I will address to the hotel management.

We regret that we did not fulfill your expectations at all; We appreciate your comments that give us the opportunity to adjust and improve our quality and services as well as the hotel facilities. We will be attending each comment you kindly forwarded to us to reach the high standards we fully committed ourselves.

Once again thank you for your observations and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the near future.

I would like to mention that we are in the process of soft renovations throughout the resort (for ej: tv, beds, room furniture) in the next couple of months. It will be a pleasure to keep you updated as this are finished. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again, so you can see the changes.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed September 13, 2010

The good:
The staff--(besides management) worked very hard to make you happy--they were helpful, happy, and always busy. Wonderful, friendly group of people.
Food--good (mostly), tasty and hot
Beach--be prepared for very warm water. The seaweed wasn't a huge deal at all like I had thought based on other reviews. Someone described it as walking in floating hay/grass and that was accurate. The disappointment was that we couldn't see anything while snorkeling (but then, we didn't pay for the snorkel excursion either).
Pool--big and nice swim up bar. Always had activities which people enjoyed.
Rooms--the only good AC in the hotel. Rooms were nice and clean. Room service was fairly quick and the food was hot.
Shows--entertainment was nice, great energy from the dancers!
Grounds--very lush and beautiful, the do a nice job and were always trimming trees, cutting bushes and watering.

Nice little amenities like robes, turn down service with chocolates, rides to your room and help with your luggage.

It seemed like the hotel tried to do nice things for everyone (one night had the football game on the beach screen with hot dogs/nachos/beer while a fire and water show happened down at the other end of the beach for those wanting something different).

The bad:
Management--my husband is 33 and had a horrible backache after the first night. We asked (in person) for a pillow mattress from management at the front desk and never received one.
Food--really bad burgers, nachos, and desserts (no variety). Milkshakes weren't made with ice cream and weren't good. We tired of the same buffet food.
Pool--just too warm for us. Also, there is a section of the swim up bar that is missing some side counter that you could cut your bathing suit on.
Rooms--We really found the bed and the chairs on the balcony very uncomfortable. The chairs are just plastic and really should be replaced with something nicer for lounging. Also, the beach chairs don't sit up straight so you are always in a lounge position (which just makes it hard to read). I thought they were uncomfortable.
Bugs--we found 4 bugs in our room. I only mention it to let others know, but it wasn't a big deal for us.
Kid-friendly--I was disappointed to see that we couldn't take our son to the kids room. They must have changed the policy because signs said "no parents allowed." We had expected to be able to take him to the playground, or inside the activity room to play with the Fisher Price toys we read about. If you have older children, this isn't a problem. Also, the playground on the beach is very old, rusty and splintery.

My recommendation is for the hotel to offer a place where people can take away food to the beach or to their rooms--just something simple like soft serve ice cream, cookies, muffins, popcorn, or nachos would be nice. There was no where to grab a good coffee, which we craved all week.

I would also recommend a pool bathroom MUCH closer to the pool. You have to walk through the lobby, which is quite a distance from the beach side of the pool where the bar is.

I read that the TVs are going to be upgraded and that is also a MUST.

Overall, it was a nice place that seemed to try to please customers.

3  Thank blyfox
NowSapphireRC, Econcierge at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2010

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your sharing your comments with us, all the observations are addressed to the hotel staff in order to make the necessary corrections in the areas.

I would like to mention that we are in the process of soft renovations throughout the resort (for ej: tv, beds, room furniture) in the next couple of months. I t will be a pleasure to keep you updated as this are finished.

I hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 12, 2010

We (couple and 2 kids, 7 and 11 yrs.) visited this property from 8/22-8/29/10 and booked our trip online w/Apple Vacations (AV owns the resort in partnership with Amstar).
For around $5k our package included:
- Round trip charter flight from Los Angeles, Calif., to Cancun via Alaska Airlines (4.5 hr non-stop was great)
- RT Shuttle rides to/ from airport to resort (non-stop, air conditioned)
- Preferred Club (PC) upgrade (**highly encouraged**)
- Amazing ocean front room in Building 3 (wireless--internet on iphones worked fine; nice balcony w/jacuzzi, 2 chairs and table). Our room looked exactly like the photos online and the resort grounds are really gorgeous.
- All inclusive resort stuff (food, drinks, kids' and teens' club, etc.)

Our experience:
- Excellent Service! Check-in was in the air conditioned PC lounge. We were seated while enjoying refreshments, and Abraham handled the registration efficiently, provided an orientation to the resort, etc. Isabel handled our check out and was super friendly.
- We even were transported to our room via golf carts. It was only a 2 minute walk!
- PC lounge was always cold! It was totally refreshing after a day of site-seeing in Chichen Itza, dophin adventure on Isla Mujeres, swimming, etc. While we were there, it was one of the few places w/AC other than our room. Some days we all ran to the Lounge for the cooling relief it afforded us. :-)
- PC lounge had a nice breakfast spread, appetizers and snacks all day. Our favorite server, Ivan, took care of us the entire week. There are 3 PCs to use, tv, books, newspapers, and comfy sofas.
- Buffet: The food area has AC and is separated by automatic (think grocery store entance doors in the States) glass doors BUT the dining areas do not have AC. Mornings get very warm since this place is oceanfront facing EAST (sunrise) but evenings are much cooler. Breakfast was fine for us as we tend to eat fruit (great papaya, melons, pineapple) and cereals (granola, oats- cooked and dry, wheat bran flakes, dried fruit and nuts). The hot stuff (eggs, bacon, sausage) did not change much and we noticed a hot Mexican meat dish as well. Lunch had nice salad and hot entree options. Dinner was simple (salads, hot entrees) and featured a cook making pasta, burritos, etc. on demand.
-The grill and Mexican restaurant were fine, not Ruth's Chris, but we did not expect this level of dining at a reasonably priced all-inclusive. Our servers (Paolo and Fernando) enhanced the experience w/their personalized service and anticipation to our needs. We dined at the grill more than once and were seated outside (on the deck). No one EVER pressured us to buy wine in order to sit outside. Lobster was included in our PC package and was not bad.
- The French restaurant is only for Adults so we did not try it. We were leary of eating sushi here (but heard great things from other guests) as we are accustomed to amazing Japanese food at home. Dress code seemed lax from what we observed. I think they just don't want people looking too tacky in the restaurants.
- Kids' club: our 7 yr old daughter preferred to stay with Natali, Fernanda and Veronica over us. One day she was there from 930am-9pm. Fully supervised, activities, AC and a little wading pool for water games. Natali wrote a sweet goodbye note to our daughter who plans to write to her soon
- Teen's club: our 11 yr old son hung out and played xBox (so so games), pool table, ping pong and fussball (table) with other kids. This place is not supervised and anyone can hang out there. There's also a pool (backyard size) w/o drink service.
-Beach: Santiago was great! Yes, there was seaweed (cleaned up by the staff) and my husband got stung by a jelly. It only pinched and then the marks were gone w/in a couple of hours. We loved walking along the beach after dinner in the moonlight w/the kids. We sat on a dock at the next resort (Excellence) and watched some big fish swimming around. It was also nice to look at the moon, ever changing clouds and cruise ships out on the horizon. NOW has a security guard patrolling their property so we felt safe. Also, did not see anything suspicious going on EVER but still use common sense...
- PC Pool: we spent our pool time here and loved the Bali Beds. Israel took care of us and never scolded our kids when they got a bit wild (to us) from time-to-time. The pool was huge and there was plenty of room to use rafts. I loved floating on my back while watching the toucans fly by.
- Although the balcony was super clean and cleaned daily, there were a few ants BECAUSE our neighbors left out bread for the birds, which left crumbs for the ants. The resort can not help it if the guests are irresponsible. The ants left after the neighbors checked out.
- Our calls for Service :
-We called for extra towels one evening and w/in 5 minutes they were delivered. While my husband was at the door collecting the towels, the concierge rang to make sure our towels had arrived.
- Prior to leaving for dinner we called for more drinks for our mini-bar and when we returned, we received almost double (still water, mineral water, juices....).
- We had to call engineering for a flooded toilet (our daughter's fault). Two guys responded in 10 minutes and fixed the plumbing. A follow up call from the concierge was received shortly there after.

Gratuity: Yes, all inclusive includes tips BUT, a couple of dollars here and there will not break most guests. In total, we spent around $80 in tips for the entire week for the servers, housekeepers, maintenance, tour/excursion operators, and kids' club.

Our package was perfect for folks to hang out, eat, drink and go on escorted tours (we spent about $1k extra for 2 days of activities off the resort). Urbanites may go a bit stir crazy w/o a car. If we return to the Riviera Maya, a car will be a top priority as we would like to independently explore the area.

Tip if your transportation to the hotel is included in your package: in the airport, steer clear from the 'official' looking transportation people in tan shirts and dark slacks. They lie by telling you they will take you to the Apple Vans! The Apple travel agent warned me about them and said to walk out of the airport and look for the Apple reps in loud tropical shirts to pick up our ride to the hotel. She was right on.

We travel extensively on business, are accustomed to excellent service, but I have to say WOW! Thanks Now Sapphire and KEEP UP the High Level of Service.

Karen, Hannes, Alexis and Johannes.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank kitty811

Dear Karen, Hannes, Alexis and Johannes,

On behalf of Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, we wish to thank you for taking the time to share such gracious comments about your stay with us, and especially about our staff. Israel, Abraham, Isabel, Santiago and all our team will be very glad to know that their effort and genuine care for our guests is recognized.

It is always a great pleasure to read comments such as yours, for they serve as an inspiration to help us in our continued commitment to improve the high standards you have experienced during your vacation.

I am so glad that your family enjoyed your stay with us and that the children enjoyed the hotel facilities.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2010

This hotel is a true gem, but we left on the second day. I'll explain why, but first, I'd like to address some recent comments by other reviewers.

Whatever water problem was happening with the pool in late August was cleared up by the time we arrived on Aug. 31. The pool was crystal clear, and was, hands down, the most beautiful pool I've ever used at an All-Inclusive resort (and I've been to about 10). The best part were partially-submerged tile recliners, where you can lie down and actually read (like you would on a pool-side recliner) but in about 2 inches of water -- your drink right next by. It was fabulous. The virgin mango daiquiri they made me had an entire fresh mango in it.

Yes, there is a lot of seaweed in the ocean. However, my husband walked down the beach for about 45 minutes south of the hotel, and there was seaweed all along there too. I'm not sure if it's a regional thing or a seasonal thing, but whatever the cause, it isn't unique to this hotel. The water itself was beautifully calm and warm, in true Riviera Maya fashion.

Our room, the cheapest they have overlooking the garden, was quiet and spacious, with an incredible deep, decorative tub in the bathroom. We had a nice-sized fridge, and even after they brought in a crib for us, we could still have both our suitcases open by the bed without tripping over anything. Loved the room, and even the "hard" bed!

Now for our story:

We booked this hotel totally and exclusively because it was the only hotel we could find in the Riviera Maya that had a kids club for children under the age of 3. Not only was it the only property on Apple Vacation's roster that would take our daughter, who is 2.5, the kids club got a rave review by another agency, which we read online.

Through a series of utterly random events that aren't important, we found out ONE DAY before the trip that the hotel had changed management and that contrary to what the Apple rep had told us, the hotel would NOT admit children under 3 in the kids club. I flipped out. My husband's hope was to do 3 to 4 scuba dives a day, which means he would be gone 8 to 10 hours every day, and I am 4 months pregnant! I'm exhausted even on an easy day, let alone for an entire week left alone to care for a toddler! There was no way we could go to this hotel and still have a "vacation."

I called Apple, was connected to a supervisor, and told him we needed to find a different place to stay. He called the NOW Sapphire and talked to a manager there, and explained to him the situation. Then the Apple manager called me back and said that the hotel had said that "if they weren't too busy" they would let our daughter into the kids club anyway, given the circumstances.

Well, we arrived, and the hotel was 30% occupied. The man who brought our bags to our room said that a week earlier, it had been about 80% occupied. The slow season had officially arrived. I dropped by the kids club and there were 6 kids in it. I told the woman managing the club that my daughter wasn't quite 3, but we wanted to come back tomorrow and leave her at the club, and she said she would "talk to her manager." When I came back the next day, we were immediately turned away. She said that there was "too big of an age difference" between my daughter and the other kids, and they couldn't take her.

Look, it's not the hotel's fault that some rep at Apple gave us bad information. They are just enforcing their policy. But it is utterly maddening that they wouldn't just be HONEST with the Apple supervisor and admit that they wouldn't take our daughter in the kid's club, no matter what. If 30% occupancy doesn't qualify as "not very busy" -- it's hard to imagine what would be!

Why would they lie? I have no idea. All I can guess is that they hoped we would get there and just fall in love with the place and decide not to leave. Well ... that's insane. What in the world did they think I was supposed to do with my daughter for 10 hours a day anyway? Even if I weren't alone, and even if I weren't pregnant, how would I entertain her? The rooms full of toys and the playground and the kiddie pool were all in the kids club, which they wouldn't admit her into. How many hours a day can I follow her around the gardens and sit 5 inches away from her in the pool on high alert to make sure she doesn't drown? Why in the world would my family pay $2500 for a week of this kind of "vacation"? The only other family I saw there with a toddler was a family that had about 10 extended family members there, who were clearly sharing child care duties.

The hotel's answer to this? We were told we could hire a babysitter. Well, at the rate of $10 an hour, you do the math. We would end up spending another $500-$1000 for babysitting, which, incredibly, is the amount we pay for an entire MONTH of day care in Philadelphia.

We basically wasted an entire day of our vacation arranging and then transferring to another hotel, the Crown Paradise Club in Cancun, not to mention the $50 taxi ride. By comparison, the Cancun hotel was sterile, lifeless, and had not even a fraction of the charm, beauty or peacefulness of NOW Sapphire. BUT, they had a beautifully equipped kids club, where my daughter loved to go every day, playing with their many toys, jumping in a huge castle, and playing in a kiddie pool. Her mother got to read by the pool for a few hours every day, and even take a nap in the afternoon. And her father got the one week of scuba diving he looks forward to every year.

As we will not have children over the age of 3 for another four years now (with the new one on the way), I'm sad that we will not be returning to the Riviera Maya anytime soon. Next year, we will return to Beaches Negril in Jamaica, which entirely caters to families with infants and small children. When we finally can return to Mexico, we will not be staying at the NOW Sapphire, despite how much we loved the hotel. We are too disgusted that its management couldn't do us the simple courtesy of simply telling the TRUTH and sparing us a whole lot of headache and distress.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
NowSapphireRC, Econcierge at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2010

Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for sharing your comments on tripadvisor.

I sincere regret that your stay with us was not all as you were expected. I will share your comments with the hotel management.

Our Explorer club is for kids from 3 to 12 years old, I understand your frustration on how this situation was handle.

I hope despiste the above mention you can give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future,