Now Sapphire (formerly Paradissus) is a good value for your vacation dollar. Our afternoon check-in went smoothly enough. We traveled as a family: husband, wife, one adult child and one teenager. We were placed in villa 11 and 12. If the kids were younger this would have been a problem. Our room was on the third floor. After a day, my wife decided she wanted to be on the first floor, and we were accommodated with no trouble whatsoever.
You may have traveled to other AI resorts and be familiar with wristbands, a la carte reservations and restrictions, and towel cards. Here’s how it is NOW. Want a towel? Take one. Want 2? Take 2. Done with your towel? Leave it on a beach chair; towels are collected at the end of each day. Want dinner? Find an a la carte restaurant that’s open. If you go at six, you’ll walk right in. If you go later, you may have to wait in line. (Japanese requires reservations, probably because of the hibachi tables.) You may also “dine around” by making a reservation at Now Jade with the concierge before 3 PM. You’ll pay for the ride over though and that could be steep.
If you stay here, and have any complaint about your room, it’s best to have it addressed on day one. Possible issues include blown out light bulbs, nonworking clock radios, or air conditioning set at 25 C (that’s 77 F, and we never could get it to go lower). If you don’t like firm bedding, the maid may understand the word “sponge” to describe a foam mattress topper. I used the word “mattress” and was offered a box of matches, and I don’t smoke! We are not new to the all-inclusive resorts of the Riviera Maya and we see such difficulties as a part of the experience. Next time I am going to make a list of Spanish words for items in a hotel room.
If you must have in-room internet you’ll need to be in villas 1 through 6. There is a fee for internet usage unless you upgrade to Preferred Club status. There is also internet access in the air conditioned business center (three computers, a printer, and a phone) or in the lobby, by the pool, or on the beach (most likely in front of villas 1 through 6, we didn’t check – who wants to get sand in your laptop?)
Now Sapphire is in my opinion a midsize resort. Our rooms were relatively close to the lobby, which is good when it rains or in the extreme heat. There is no shortage of house phones – one on the outside of each villa, in your room’s bathroom, in the lobby, and at the towel hut. Like the old yellow pages ad says: “let your fingers do the walking!”
The lobby and buffet dining areas are not air conditioned. The food serving area of the buffet seemed smaller than some AI resorts, but was air conditioned and well organized. Some restaurants are open air while others are air conditioned. One or more times per week, a Mexican buffet is offered in the theatre area. A walk-up snack bar would be nice, but there is 24 hour room service available at no extra charge.
You traveled to Riviera Maya for the Caribbean. Unfortunately for this property, Mother Nature put the C in seaweed. At one point I felt as though I was swimming in grass clippings. On the other hand, there are very few rocks to step on – no water shoes required.
The pool was green from Thursday Aug 19 through Saturday Aug 21. The pool was closed on Saturday afternoon and reopened Sunday afternoon in good condition. As others have noted, I also have the orange stains on the white part of my swimsuit. The pool bar is also in disrepair as there is a piece of marble missing from the front of it. There is a preferred club pool that is incorrectly marked “adult” (from the Paradissus days) and a kids’ pool near the main pool. I personally saw a woman talking on the towel hut phone complaining about the green water as well as a woman leave the resort over the pool issue. On the other hand there were several guests who were still swimming in the cloudy green water.
We did enjoy playing trivia games with the entertainment team on the first day, but everything is more fun after a drink or two, even if the drinks were sometimes lacking in actual alcohol.
The service at Now Sapphire is top notch, from the front desk, bellboys, maids, bartenders, and waiters. You will be offered a wine list at dinner, but you can always have the “house wine” for no additional charge. The resort has a very low key, laid back atmosphere. The open air lobby is great when the breeze comes in from the ocean, nice for listening to the live music each evening.
Check out went smoothly as well, but it must be noted that my daughter and I both suffered some gastrointestinal symptoms once we arrived home.
You may not find perfection in every corner of Now Sapphire, but you will find great service, great breezes, and a relaxing vacation that’s easy on your wallet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Sapphire Riviera cancun Set in a tropical landscape of palm trees, soft sand and sparkling azure sea, combining a AAA Four Diamond award designation with Unlimited-Luxury(R) amenities, Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun redefines all-inclusive and offers the perfect escape for families with teens and tweens, couples and friends. Our Unlimited-Luxury(R) experience at Now Sapphire, where everything is included, is redefining all-inclusive. Spacious rooms and suites are graciously appointed and luxuriously equipped with amenities. Active and lively settings provide entertainment for guests of all ages, including kids, teens and tweens with the supervised Explorer's Club for Kids with Red Cross certified staff and Core Zone Teens Club. It's all wristband-free! At Now Sapphire, these amenities include: Limitless access to gourmet à la carte dining options without reservations required Unlimited international & domestic top-shelf spirits Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks 24-hour room, 24-hour Coco Cafe & concierge services Pool and beach wait service Daily refreshed mini-bar with soft drinks, juice, bottled water & beer Daily maid service Endless daytime activities and nightly entertainment Theme parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues No wristbands required All taxes and gratuities Enjoy free Wi-Fi and free international calling to the US, Canada and Mexico with Unlimited Connectivity. The mobile app also allows guests to view the schedules of all events, activities and restaurants at the resort, plus to learn about local destinations, excursions, and much more Unlimited-Luxury(R) for reconnecting every generation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Riviera Maya
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Resort
- Paradisus Cancun
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos