I booked our vacation with Apple Vacations and usually everything is perfect. Sometimes we pick the hotel and sometimes we purchase the square deal, which we did this time. Our travel agent who is wonderful would only let us select the six apple square deal...thank goodness because it could have been worse.
We found out the day before we left that the resort was not adults only.
I will start with check in.... as usual we were presented with towels to refresh our hands, next we waited in the lobby without a welcome drink. Next we checked in and much to our delight our room was ready, it was 2pm but it was at the far end of the resort a long walk from everything. I ask if we can be moved and am told "yes, for 78 dollars a day. So we looked at where they were going to put and it wasn't worth it. We started to leave the check in area and we were bombarded with the resort's welcome crew. I must have looked upset because they asked us if we wanted to meet later. Next we went to our room in building 10, room 1015. We went in and immediately it smelled musty. Our view was of the jungle. The room was do outdated and the bathroom was a joke. At this point I wanted to cry...to this point I have stayed at three resorts in Mexico, all outside of Cancun; El Dorado Royale, Secrets Marina Beach and Secrets Capri. They were all wonderful.
The food at Now Sapphire was horrible, I actually came home sighing s fee pounds less. They don't take reservations, and the wait was always a couple hours.
The pool was very nice and the weather wad perfect but, you had to go out st 6 am to reserve seat. Some seats had towels all day and no one was ever there. Vicente was our pool server and he was wonderful.
When a resort is all inclusive, you would think all the toiletries would be decent. The shower gel stunk and the soaps and shair products were cheap.
At the pool at every resort we've ever been a guest an all inclusive guest at there has been sun tanning products. We paid 23 dollars for sunscreen.
Breakfast was the beet meal of the day and it wasn't anything to write home about. We Sat in Federico's section and he was very polite and excellent at his job.
I assumed our resort stunk because we only paid 2000.00 dollars for 4days 3 nights. But, after talking to people who were there for a week paid the same amount. So, I really feel ripped off!
If you have kids this may be the resort for you, although I spoke to some people from Australia who could not even get s paper plate from one of the restaurant to take their baby some rice.
On a side note, I thank God I am able to go on a vacation at all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Sapphire Riviera cancun Set in a tropical landscape of palm trees, soft sand and sparkling azure sea, combining a AAA Four Diamond award designation with Unlimited-Luxury(R) amenities, Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun redefines all-inclusive and offers the perfect escape for families with teens and tweens, couples and friends. Our Unlimited-Luxury(R) experience at Now Sapphire, where everything is included, is redefining all-inclusive. Spacious rooms and suites are graciously appointed and luxuriously equipped with amenities. Active and lively settings provide entertainment for guests of all ages, including kids, teens and tweens with the supervised Explorer's Club for Kids with Red Cross certified staff and Core Zone Teens Club. It's all wristband-free! At Now Sapphire, these amenities include: Limitless access to gourmet à la carte dining options without reservations required Unlimited international & domestic top-shelf spirits Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks 24-hour room, 24-hour Coco Cafe & concierge services Pool and beach wait service Daily refreshed mini-bar with soft drinks, juice, bottled water & beer Daily maid service Endless daytime activities and nightly entertainment Theme parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues No wristbands required All taxes and gratuities Enjoy free Wi-Fi and free international calling to the US, Canada and Mexico with Unlimited Connectivity. The mobile app also allows guests to view the schedules of all events, activities and restaurants at the resort, plus to learn about local destinations, excursions, and much more Unlimited-Luxury(R) for reconnecting every generation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Riviera Maya
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Resort
- Paradisus Cancun
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos