We stayed for three nights on the back end of a vacation to meet up with family. Here's the breakdown:
A. It's beautiful. I mean gorgeous. The resort, the rooms, the beach property.
B. It's all inclusive, how can you not love that?
C. Good customer service overall.
A. The food is lame. Not disgusting but not that great either. The restaurants are limited, meaning they list several but fail to mention that one is a buffet (ok, that's a given in the all-inclusive experience), one is for their special preferred club members, and one is closed every night (they rotate which one is closed). Oh, and because that doesn't leave much the rest saw nightly wait times around 90 minutes. Yes I said 90 minutes. We're not talking Fogo de Chao people. We gave up and went buffet on all but one occasion. Room service consisted of burgers and fries and similar cuisine, I was pretty unimpressed. They have steaks on the menu but only for our preferred friends: )
B. The preferred club. When I pay that much for a resort stay I like to feel like a special guest. They make it clear that to receive that treatment you have to pay *surprise* extra for their preferred club. Forget free Wi-Fi as a typical American hotel amenity. Either pay the extra $40/night to be preferred or $11/hour for use of their computer in the business center.
Personally I found the resort to be stupidly large and disliked doing that much walking to eat, etc. It has 13 buildings for lodging which rivals my first apartment. PS I'm in my 20s and in good shape, it just took a little relaxation out of it. May not matter to you. In the same regard I had someone who works at the salon get quite snippy with me and avoided it based on that customer service, but I hate reviewers who base a review on an isolated incident... it may have been just that.
Overall, I wouldn't stay there again. The little hotel Posada El Moro we stayed in the days before was so much better on the whole. We didn't leave NOW unhappy, but it's hard to be unhappy in paradise: )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Sapphire Riviera cancun Set in a tropical landscape of palm trees, soft sand and sparkling azure sea, combining a AAA Four Diamond award designation with Unlimited-Luxury(R) amenities, Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun redefines all-inclusive and offers the perfect escape for families with teens and tweens, couples and friends. Our Unlimited-Luxury(R) experience at Now Sapphire, where everything is included, is redefining all-inclusive. Spacious rooms and suites are graciously appointed and luxuriously equipped with amenities. Active and lively settings provide entertainment for guests of all ages, including kids, teens and tweens with the supervised Explorer's Club for Kids with Red Cross certified staff and Core Zone Teens Club. It's all wristband-free! At Now Sapphire, these amenities include: Limitless access to gourmet à la carte dining options without reservations required Unlimited international & domestic top-shelf spirits Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks 24-hour room, 24-hour Coco Cafe & concierge services Pool and beach wait service Daily refreshed mini-bar with soft drinks, juice, bottled water & beer Daily maid service Endless daytime activities and nightly entertainment Theme parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues No wristbands required All taxes and gratuities Enjoy free Wi-Fi and free international calling to the US, Canada and Mexico with Unlimited Connectivity. The mobile app also allows guests to view the schedules of all events, activities and restaurants at the resort, plus to learn about local destinations, excursions, and much more Unlimited-Luxury(R) for reconnecting every generation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Riviera Maya
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Resort
- Paradisus Cancun
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos