Were there Dec 26-Jan 1. We booked two garden view rooms. Overall the resort was very nice and we enjoyed ourselves. I wouldn't stay here again not because it was a sub part resort, but because there are soo many other great places to stay as well.
Pluses: The rooms are VERY spacious, mini bar is stocked with your favorite beers and sodas (just mention what you like at check in an poof it is there!). The pool area was wonderful. Huge, but designed in such a way that there are lots of areas so no one area is too crowded. One area is for the swim up bar, another has a jaccuzzi, another swimming area, last area had these really cool benches submerged that you could lie on and just soak. Beach was nice white sand, they would clean it every morning.
Restaurants were nice, Options included buffet, French, Mediteranean, Asian, Steak House, Mexican. Also an outdoor option during the day. We liked the Steak House the Best (HUGE steaks, baked potatoes, creamed spinach, ect!). There is a wait to get in, so be prepared but if you are flexible just put your name in (they give you a beeper) and go hang out by the pool or in the main bar area until they call you. They do have premium alcohol brands, so just enjoy the wait with a great cocktail.
All the staff was so nice, you just need to remember this is Mexico... the pace is much slower so sure they don't get you your oj right away and may be a bit slow in serving your second cup of coffee, but they do it with a wonderful smile which more than makes up for everything if you just take it easy and start living on Mexico time.
Areas of Concern: Beach/Pool chairs. If you do not reserve your chairs by 7:30am you are pretty much out of luck for the day, which was sooo frustrating. This is would prob. be the #1 reason I would not come back. Why go to a beach resort if you can't get a beach chair. Oh yea, you can if you upgrade to "preferred" which I found rather insulting (more on that later), us "common folk" just had to get up early and commandeer chairs. And I didn't see them clearing off any chairs so by the mid afternoon most chairs looked like they were unused but the towels were still on them so there was no way to tell, and thus again not enough chairs for everyone. Oh by the way, they also run out of towels by around 1:00 so again you need to get there early.
Preferred program: Overall I found this program totally insulting to anyone NOT utilizing the program. If you are a preferred guest, you can get a room on the water (but not so good during the day because it gets noisy and no privacy), they reserve chairs for you, you can have breakfast in a closed in room-why would you even want this?, and you get a small private lounge with free wifi (aren't you supposed to be on vacation! turn off your electronics folks!) Oh and a small private pool-not too nice. Overally I couldn't justify the extra money and wouldn't spring for it in the future either
If you have trouble walking you might not like this resort, the garden room buildings are very far from the main building. Check a map first before booking your room, it will make a difference.
Lastly, if if you are older you are going to HATE the bathtubs/showers. It was really difficult getting in and out and would be a serious hazard to anyone older or with walking/getting around issues.
WARNING: do not go here for New Years. It was an absolute disaster with totally awful food, a 3 hour minimum wait to be seated in the only 2 restaurants open that night, no food selections (if you have kids avoid this night at all costs), and the only way to get a seat in the main lounge that night was to order a $100 bottle of wine. There was almost a riot that night from most of the guests. This one nite took our feeling of this resort from an 8+ down to a 1. they really blew it here, so in light of that I would not recommend it for a desination wedding, meeting, ect.
Overall this is a very nice resort, nicely decorated, pleasant staff, decent food, comfortable accomodations, convenient location (less than 1/2 hour from airport!) 1/2 hour to Playa del Carmen/ XCaret. But it wasn't so wonderful that I would go back either. A one time, very nice resort, you won't be disappointed, but you also it didn't wow me so much to make it a return to place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Sapphire Riviera cancun Set in a tropical landscape of palm trees, soft sand and sparkling azure sea, combining a AAA Four Diamond award designation with Unlimited-Luxury(R) amenities, Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun redefines all-inclusive and offers the perfect escape for families with teens and tweens, couples and friends. Our Unlimited-Luxury(R) experience at Now Sapphire, where everything is included, is redefining all-inclusive. Spacious rooms and suites are graciously appointed and luxuriously equipped with amenities. Active and lively settings provide entertainment for guests of all ages, including kids, teens and tweens with the supervised Explorer's Club for Kids with Red Cross certified staff and Core Zone Teens Club. It's all wristband-free! At Now Sapphire, these amenities include: Limitless access to gourmet à la carte dining options without reservations required Unlimited international & domestic top-shelf spirits Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks 24-hour room, 24-hour Coco Cafe & concierge services Pool and beach wait service Daily refreshed mini-bar with soft drinks, juice, bottled water & beer Daily maid service Endless daytime activities and nightly entertainment Theme parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues No wristbands required All taxes and gratuities Enjoy free Wi-Fi and free international calling to the US, Canada and Mexico with Unlimited Connectivity. The mobile app also allows guests to view the schedules of all events, activities and restaurants at the resort, plus to learn about local destinations, excursions, and much more Unlimited-Luxury(R) for reconnecting every generation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Riviera Maya
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Resort
- Paradisus Cancun
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos