Having never been to an all-inclusive resort, we have nothing to compare our experience to, but the Now Sapphire far exceeded our expectations based on other Trip Advisor reviews.
We booked through Cheap Carribean and went in the off season, (early October) so for the money we paid, we considered it an excellent value. The main occupants of the resort at the time we visited were middle aged couples and older, some newlyweds, and some families.
We upgraded to Preferred Club, which gets you access to the Club pool, the Club beach, and the Club lounge, free internet, as well as a room closer to the center of the resort. If you are having a romantic vacation, I would recommend this upgrade: I can't compare it to the regular rooms, and the beaches are all the same, but having the Club pool was nice, as they reserve a cabana for you and there are no children allowed. The Club lounge is also nice, because it has a small buffet all day and a "serve yourself" bar.
The resort grounds are beautiful: well maintained and very clean. The sand on the beaches was pristine. Many reviews seemed concerned about seaweed, but compared to a California coast there was none. The process for checking out a kayak or tiny sailboat was easy. Customer service at the resort was top notch. I would recommend bringing about $150 USD in SINGLES so that you can tip.
The rooms was immaculate, very tastefully decorated, and the bed was comfy with no problems getting clean linens everyday. The mini bar was restocked without us asking, and the room service deliveries were always spot on.
The food was better quality than I expected, but it's not 5-star. I would compare it to eating at a Hometown Buffet or Golden Corral in the US. We found the grill on the patio was actually the best, and the Mexican restaurant was the absolute WORST. I have to call them out on this, because I can literally get a better tasting taco from a roach coach on the streets of LA. Cali Mexican food is more authentic. I don't know if they dumb it down for all their international guests, but we were very disappointed in this aspect. We saved the Mexican restaurant for last hoping it would be amazing...
The only other con is that the drinks are very clearly watered down. It wasn't too bad, we understand they are trying to prevent people from becoming belligerent and rowdy (and also push the alcohol they have on sale at the convenience store and restaurant). But it would be nice to have a well mixed margarita at the pool if you clearly aren't drinking to get wasted.
The resort is a 30 minute drive to Cancun, so it's not a convenient location if you plan on partying in the city every night. It is very quiet location and on gated grounds, so your security is not an issue. A relaxing vacation overall!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Sapphire Riviera cancun Set in a tropical landscape of palm trees, soft sand and sparkling azure sea, combining a AAA Four Diamond award designation with Unlimited-Luxury(R) amenities, Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun redefines all-inclusive and offers the perfect escape for families with teens and tweens, couples and friends. Our Unlimited-Luxury(R) experience at Now Sapphire, where everything is included, is redefining all-inclusive. Spacious rooms and suites are graciously appointed and luxuriously equipped with amenities. Active and lively settings provide entertainment for guests of all ages, including kids, teens and tweens with the supervised Explorer's Club for Kids with Red Cross certified staff and Core Zone Teens Club. It's all wristband-free! At Now Sapphire, these amenities include: Limitless access to gourmet à la carte dining options without reservations required Unlimited international & domestic top-shelf spirits Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks 24-hour room & concierge services Pool and beach wait service Daily refreshed mini-bar with soft drinks, juice, bottled water & beer Daily maid service Endless daytime activities and nightly entertainment Theme parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues No wristbands required All taxes and gratuities Enjoy free Wi-Fi and free international calling to the US, Canada and Mexico with Unlimited Connectivity. The mobile app also allows guests to view the schedules of all events, activities and restaurants at the resort, plus to learn about local destinations, excursions, and much more Unlimited-Luxury(R) for reconnecting every generation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Riviera Maya
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Resort
- Paradisus Cancun
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos