“Marvelous resort”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Marietta, Georgia
“Marvelous resort”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Clean, well maintained resort. Was there for a week for a friend's destination wedding in April--well organized. Our rooms were furthest from the ocean but seemed quietest. Glad we didn't sign up for the premium ones (superb view) because we were out of our rooms for most of the time. Staff were always courteous, attentive and helpful. Meals at the restaurants were mostly good. Breakfast buffets were replenished very regularly; fresh fruit and cooked to order food were nice. Lunch was okay too. Dinners at different themed restaurants varied--best, in my opinion, was the Mexican restaurant. Don't bother with the Asian one. Watch out for loud, drunk Canadians--they start pretty early by the pool bar. Yoga classes were great; poolside dance and exercise classes were fun too. Went fishing; our group caught a half dozen fish, which we gave to the crew of the boat. Found out later that the resort could've cleaned and cooked them for our dinner. Would come back here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank titabee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,331)
  • Polish first
Aurora, Ohio
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I returned yesterday from Now Sapphire-Riviera Maya! We went for our 25th anniversary, and our choice could not have been better. We purchased the preferred package from the beginning. Our oceanfront room was unbelievable! The rooms and the entire resort was extremely neat, and clean and well cared for. The wait staff, housekeeping staff, and pool and beach staff were absolutely top-notch! Jose Louis, Israel, and Ivan make you feel like you are part of their family! I was actually so sad to have to say good-bye! We enjoyed the restaurants, especially the Blue Water Grill, and the breakfast buffet- the omlet lady was superb! The bars, the lobby bands, and most of the entertainment were enjoyable! Yes there is seaweed on the beach constantly, but they clean it up as fast as it washes up!
I would go back tomorrow if I could! We will return again hopefully sooner than later!
The views are amazing! The pools are great, the busy pool, and the preferred pool-is wonderful because it is quiet, yet there is still a bar, and service that is above any other I have ever experienced!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the preferred-it is so worth the money! we stayed on the 1st floor, beach side, th...
11 Thank Marwo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We returned home yesterday after visiting this excellent resort. We arrived at the hotel last Saturday and was greeted with a cocktail and a cold flannel. All rooms at the hotel are called suites. We had the deluxe tropical view which is just the standard room. When we arrived staff were very welcoming and we were in our room within 30 mins which included the personal welcome chat. The room itself was clean, very well presented and furnished as would be expected. The room was split into 3 main parts, bathroom, bedroom and lounge area. The room was cleaned every day and the minibar was replenished daily witout fail. We stayed on the second floor of block 14. Block 14 was very central and overall a good place to be as far enough away but not too far away at the same time.

Part of the welcome chat was an invite to the sister resort of dreams for breakfast and a tour etc. Please note, this is a sales presentation. I was told it was a sales presentation before we went. The idea is signing up for a holiday payment scheme which sounded quite good but wasnt for us. The sales people are not pushy at all.

Back to the Now Sapphire...... The resort itself is superb....so much to do and in our case not enough time to do it!! You can do as much or as little as you'd like to. The entertainment team aren't pushy at all and will leave you alone if you arent interested. The pool area is kept clean and is in good condition. At the end of the day the staff even go around the pool and straighten up all of the sunbeds so they are all in perfect lines. The pool are is large enough to find a quiet spot as well.

The "cherry on top" for this resort is the food......6 restaurants and a coffee shop. They are all follows:
Market Buffet (Standard Buffet)
Fresca (Mexican)
Paramour (French)
Cibu (Mediterranen)
Lemongrass (Asian)
Bluewater Grill (Grill)

We tried them all apart from the french. All the food we had was superb. However, our favourite was the Bluewater Grill. Normally housed outside depending on weather, they offered great fish and steaks. Have a look at the menus online to get an idea. The buffet restaurant was good buffet food too not just mass produced. The buffet was also very varied and you'd struggle not to find something you liked. Check out the omellettes at breakfast!!

The staff work very hard to keep you happy. Constantly serving drinks/food, always friendly and helpful.

Other points to note:
Gym was well equipped and clean.
Spa looked good but cant really comment as we didn't use it.
Kids club looked very comprehensive and lasted all day.
Activities started at 9 and fined at 4. Rain alternatives also in place.
Evening entertainment was varied and as expected.
Had some good bands play in the lobby bar during the week we were there.

All in all, a great resort which painted a great pictuire of Mexico for our first time, just a shame we didn't have longer there......

Room Tip: We were on the second floor next to a noisy ice machine. Try to get a third floor room if possible...
11 Thank Gary W
Cambridge Springs, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Food was wonderful. Close to airport. Room in Preferred Club was fantastic. Staff was great. Pools were outstanding. Spa was top-notch.
The beach was disappointing - seaweed everywhere so much so that you couldn't enjoy the water. Major downside in my opinion.

Room Tip: Preferred Club oceanview was the way to go. Great hot tub outside on deck and first floor you could...
3 Thank S_Walker043
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We are two ladies in our late 50's mid 60's and we stayed here for two weeks in March/April 2012. We upgraded to preferred section and really enjoyed the quiet peaceful pool so we decided to return there in Sept. This time we purchased the preferred section when we booked and I sent an e-mail to Olivia asking for a ground floor room. At check in we were told that we were on the 3rd floor and when we asked if we could change to ground floor they said no problem whatsoever, so the reply I got from Olivia to say she had put a note in our file makes me think she didn't bother.
All went well until the 3rd day when a group of young people put a radio and speaker on the bar and cranked up the volume (this is the quiet pool). I asked if they would turn it down and they started calling me names and so I walked away and then they started calling me names and yelling that I was taliban.......I was so upset and couldn't stop crying so I went to see management and asked what the rules were at the preferred pool. Preferred lounge was absolutely no help so I went to the front desk and the gentlemen there Vincinzio was wonderful and told me that no music was allowed there....keep in mind that I had asked them to turn it down not OFF.
Eventually a manager came to the pool and by this time they had turned the radio down. He told them they could play their music at that volume. He came over and told me this (no apology or anything). As far as I am concerned he was breaking his own rules to please them.
I do have to tell you that these young people came over and apologised to me several times for being so rude and upsetting me and I felt their apology was genuine. We saw them later that evening and they apologised again. It takes a big person to apologise, so I was happy to accept.
I feel that management did not care about my feelings (except Vincinzio on front desk, a big thank you to him). So I choose not to spend my money there when I travel again in November and I have booked Valentin Imperial instead.

Room Tip: People who stayed in building one said it was VERY noisy and got hardly any sleep!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Nanalovestotravel
Mannsville, New York
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I just returned last evening from NOW Sapphire...the resort itself was absolutely beautiful, the best resort that I have ever stayed at and I've vacationed in Mexico at least a dozen times. Food, and drinks exceptional. Night life a little slow but ok, (prefer more done in English as opposed to Spanish as I am not fluent in spanish), water not nearly as beautiful as in Cancun, I missed that. Spa was fabulous, 80 min. swedish massage for $80 pp (original deal $159 - 2 for 1 deal) :) AMAZING! There were a few draw backs for me personally such as resort was VERY REMOTE for me which I did not care for (had to book cab or plan shopping w/ shuttle & many others for minimum of 4 hrs-I like to shop when I want and be able to walk there :( ), the guests did not seem to be as friendly at all, pool side entertainment a little "blah" and everything in spanish, staff was very friendly but needed more servers pool side along w/ more seating poolside. Glad to experience this resort & be able to compare, but I prefer the hotel zone for convenience.

Room Tip: I am not a stickler for room preference as I just want clean and safe. I don't plan to stay in...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank NewYorkState13661
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I planned a surprise birthday party for my wife and 20 of her friends and family members. Please trust me when I say that the Now Sapphire made it easy (for me), and rolled out the red carpet for us all. I was talking to several other resorts before I found the Now Sapphire, but once I started dealing with them there was no question about where our group would be staying. Once we arrived at the resort they showed that they were not all talk, but all business. The entire staff was very, very helpful and pleasant. They helped me plan a special happy hour and dinner on my wife's birthday. The amenities and activities at the resort are second to none, along with a verity of restaurants and snack places. The Coco Bar became a daily stop for everyone from the first day. Xochitl, Orfanel, Alfonso and the entire staff at Now Sapphire, "THANK YOU". We take a large family trip every year, and there was no doubt that this was the best one ever. We will be back!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ocean Coral & Turquesa
Ocean Coral & Turquesa
#13 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
4.0 of 5 bubbles 11,145 reviews

Been to Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!