We traveled to the Now Sapphire in late Feb 2012. It was our first visit to this resort and chain. The resort was about a 20 min ride from the airport. Our overall impression was very good. The resort is well maintained and laid out nicely. The pool is huge but not heated- not an issue with our stay since weather was warm, and there is a nice swimup bar. The only negative was the checkin. We arrived to the resort around 430 and our room was not ready. I couldn't complain too much because there were people that had arrived much earlier than us and they were still waiting for their room. Checkout wasn't much better- also very slow and really didn't feel like anyone knew what they were doing.
Restraunts: We ate at the buffet for breakfast and lunch and the food quality and choices were great.
Breakfast ranged from fruits, mexican breakfast foods, to cook to order egg stations, continental choices, breads, cold cuts, cheeses and a kids buffet. I should also mention the coffee shop is great and very popular with all kinds of coffees and danishes/muffins.
Lunch had pretty much normal buffet foods such as chicken, fish, burgers, pizza, pasta, salad bar. There was a sit down restraunt for lunch but we didn't try it. We also would eat by the pool on a few days. They would bring out a grill and cook burgers and hotdogs poolside for those not wanting to leave their recliner.
Dinner: They didn't take reservations so you would put your name in and go wait at the bar. We had a group of 9. Most of our wait times were 45 min or so for the sitdown restraunts. we ate at the French restraunt- food quality was good but it was really slow and service was not good. The Asian restraunt was good- we sat on the side where they cook in front of you and it was entertaining. The Mexican restraunt- no complaints but it was after many cervezas.... We ate a few nights at the buffet- one was a Carribean night theme at the theater which was great.
GYM: Limited Cardio equipment, Some free weights, Universal setup, Small area. The resort rooms are setup in a big oval so many runners would run loops. There were also smaller winding interior paths.
Bar: Luis was the best bartender we found. Drinks were good. Corona was served at the swimup bars. There were also days when Modelo was available but not everyday. I heard Budweiser was there but we never saw it. Not sure if it was in the Preferred section or not. We didn't pay for the preferred and don't feel like we missed anything.
Activities: Beach Volleyball was played on beach twice a day and it was a great setup. The beach was very nice. There was seaweed that would wash up but it was cleared regularly. There is a daily bike ride into Puerto Morales which is very laid back. We also saw dance lessons, pool volleyball, cooking lessons, poolside trivia, bingo, yoga to name a few. Anna Banana was great at getting people involved and making it fun.
Entertainment: We were usually eating late so didn't really catch much of the shows.
On our second to last day, they overbooked the resort and were offering deals for anyone willing to switch resorts. We took them up on it since we wanted to see the Jade resort.
Checkin at the Jade was very smooth. It is located about 6 miles from the Sapphire. The resort has a more contemporary decor. The area outside the main checkin building was very well done with a tropical look. The area by buildings one and two were horrible- it looked like they ran out of money and just let the weeds grow up.
The main pool is more of a winding area that spreads out through the resort. The pool is pretty chopped up- you couldn't swim from one side to the other without getting out. They did have an infinity pool which was cool.
The waitstaff at the pool was awesome- never letting your drink go dry.
The beach is horrible. It is small, very rocky, and isolated ( marina to the left, undeveloped to the right). Waves were very rough. Beach vollyball court was dangerous- huge boulders buried in the court and the court is very small.
Food: Buffet had more selection than the Jade and the food was also very good. The French restraunt was awesome- best meal of our vacation and the staff very attentive. The Mediterrian restraunt was good. They also had a coffee shop with a mixture of coffees and danishes, desserts etc.
Gym: Larger, Cardio equipment was not maintained- treadmill only worked at walking pace, bikes clicked every turn, good selection of free weights. Spa was very nice. They also brought in fitness instructors to run classes.
Overall we think the food was better at the Jade but the pool, beach and layout ruined it for us. We preferred the Sapphire.
Brian and Kelly
Sandals St Lucia
Sandals Dunns River
Sandals Ochio Rios
Beaches Turks N Caicos
Riu Palace Mexico x2
Riu Palace Punta Cana
Gala Beach Resort Playacar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Sapphire Riviera cancun Set in a tropical landscape of palm trees, soft sand and sparkling azure sea, combining a AAA Four Diamond award designation with Unlimited-Luxury(R) amenities, Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun redefines all-inclusive and offers the perfect escape for families with teens and tweens, couples and friends. Our Unlimited-Luxury(R) experience at Now Sapphire, where everything is included, is redefining all-inclusive. Spacious rooms and suites are graciously appointed and luxuriously equipped with amenities. Active and lively settings provide entertainment for guests of all ages, including kids, teens and tweens with the supervised Explorer's Club for Kids with Red Cross certified staff and Core Zone Teens Club. It's all wristband-free! At Now Sapphire, these amenities include: Limitless access to gourmet à la carte dining options without reservations required Unlimited international & domestic top-shelf spirits Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks 24-hour room & concierge services Pool and beach wait service Daily refreshed mini-bar with soft drinks, juice, bottled water & beer Daily maid service Endless daytime activities and nightly entertainment Theme parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues No wristbands required All taxes and gratuities Enjoy free Wi-Fi and free international calling to the US, Canada and Mexico with Unlimited Connectivity. The mobile app also allows guests to view the schedules of all events, activities and restaurants at the resort, plus to learn about local destinations, excursions, and much more Unlimited-Luxury(R) for reconnecting every generation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Jetsetter, Agoda and Reservation Counter so you can book your Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Riviera Maya
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Resort
- Paradisus Cancun
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos