Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$421
$318
Bookit.com
Now Jade Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
$342
$274
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita(Puerto Morelos)
$580
Bookit.com
Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort(Puerto Morelos)
$344
$448
$765
$574
Hotels.com
Hotel Arrecifes Suites(Puerto Morelos)(Great Value!)
$67
$374
$243
8,165 results
All reviewsbluewater grillthe blue water grillmarket cafepreferred clubpreferred poollemongrass restaurantentertainment teamlobby barmain pooltropical viewfrench restaurantbali bedspreferred statuspreferred guestocean frontjuan carlosother resorts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I cannot say how much I enjoyed Now Sapphire! I had stayed at the resort when it was the Paradisus a few years ago, and it was even better this time around! The staff, waiters, and everyone were so hard-working and willing to please you, and we had so much fun seeing our favorite waiters every day! The entertainment staff was so talented and kind, and they genuinely made us feel so welcome. The night entertainment was great, especially the circus and Mexican show! Everything about this resort makes Mexico my favorite destination. The beach is beautiful, the food is amazing, and the weather is always perfect. Going to Now Sapphire was so relaxing and easy, and it is such a simple and great choice for a resort! Make sure to ask for Fabian's special drink at the beach bar.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2011

We just came back from the Now Sapphire a few days ago. Resort is absolutely beautiful, but beware of its many mosquitoes. DO NOT GET A ROOM ON THE FIRST FLOOR. We asked for a first floor room because we brought our 22-mth old daughter and a big stroller (resort does not have elevators). The first night we were there, we got bitten in the room. The room got fumigated, but we still saw ants and mosquitoes. We asked for a room change to an ocean view room (we met another family with the same problem, but once they moved to the ocean side, the problem disappeared). Instead, we got another first floor "garden view" room that had even MORE bugs. After wasting a half a day packing/unpacking and waiting for the bellboys (between the trip to the new room and the trip back, we waited for about an hour), we had to go back to the original bug-filled room.

We asked them to fumigate again, but a few days later, our daughter got bitten again! This time, she got bitten on her face and even on her eyelid! We then asked for another room change. Keep in mind that this whole time, their manager told us that there was NOTHING they could do about the mosquitoes. In her words, it's like a "plague" and if you stay in a first floor room, you're staying at your own risk. This is our 6th time to the Riviera Maya and this was the first resort we stayed at with a mosquito problem. How can you open a hotel where you basically tell all your first floor room customers that you can't make them comfortable? I thought that was a ridiculous response.

Since our daughter was being attacked in her crib, we decided to follow the manager's advice and move to a higher floor room. Since we had a big stroller to carry and a toddler, I asked her for a 2nd floor room. She said that they didn't have any and told us the only room left in the entire resort was a 3rd floor room. Well, we thought, if that's the only room left, we'll take it. After re-packing once again, we get to the room to find someone else's luggage in it. It seems that they had already assigned the room to someone else! Wow, what a competent manager to give us that room, huh? To make matters worse, the poor bellboy tried to call the front desk for guidance and they didn't give him any. Poor guy is just standing there and he finally tells us to go to the lobby. At that point, I had had enough. We were not going to the lobby and have them say "sorry, you have to go back to your old room and get bitten." I called the manager and told her that the situation was unacceptable. She magically comes up with a 2nd floor room with an ocean view to compensate us for the inconvenience that they had caused. To be frank, I didn't really care about the ocean view. I just wanted a room where my daughter would be safe from bugs and we wouldn't have to lug a big stroller up and down too many stairs. She's the same manager that we had been dealing with all along. She knew that we had a little girl and that we had been bitten a few times already. She was also the person who had originally told us that the only room available was the 3rd floor room that had already been assigned. I couldn't believe that she just didn't give us this 2nd floor ocean view room from the onset! This is the hospitality industry after all. You would think that we would get better customer service than this. In all, I am not satisfied with the way our bug bite situation was handled.

The resort is beautiful, the lower level staff is excellent (wait staff, bellboys, etc.) and the food is really good, but I think the middle management leaves a lot to be desired. I think this resort is great if you don't encounter any problems, but if you do, watch out! And, most importantly, DO NOT STAY IN A FIRST FLOOR GARDEN VIEW ROOM.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank alice
NowSapphireRC, Social Media at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2011

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. I will address your comments with the head departments, they read all the observations and suggestions, which are also shared with the supervisors and staff.

I deeply apology and really appreciate the time you have taken to share with us your dissatisfaction which certainly helps us to improve our service.

I would like to comment that Maintenance department has a pest control while keeping in mind the preservation of our natural wonders. Nevertheless and due to Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun and privileged location, controlling mosquitoes is always a challenge.

We look forward to hosting you again in a near future at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, and have the opportunity to provide you with a better and more perfect experience.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed April 14, 2011

Room was great, but they gave us a hard time at check in. Which started my vaca on a bad note!
Thankfully everything was squared away after we provided proper receipts, documents and proof of purchase for our Ocean Front Room, which was awesome once they stopped trying to downgrade us.

Food in Buffet was Great, but had a hardtime making reservations. ( partially due to the amount of people with us). However, when we made reservations, the food was Great.

Main Pool was great. Even with lots of people there was still room to swim.......But my favorite was the Preferred Club pool.:)

The evening Shows were Very Entertaining! and Lots of Fun for the Kids and Adults!
Oh yeah and the food at the shows were even better.

Beach was great.... even with the seaweed which dont really bother me. However, watch out for jellyfish. 3 kids got stung.

Music in the lobby was relaxing and fun at the same time.

and most of all The Childrens Activities Center was my sons favorite. My son would actually be bummed out when I came to pick him up...Hahaha. I guess that speaks for itself.

I would stay here again and recommend this place. The stay was so great I almost forgot about the Big Problem at checkin.

Room Tip: Make sure you have sufficient receipts and docs
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank RubyCNJ
NowSapphireRC, Social Media at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2011

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun. I am delighted to read just how much you and your family enjoyed the stay and our Hotel. I will share your comments with the hotel staff.

I sincerely regret the bad beginning at your check in time, however I am pleased to know that it was solved with your documents.

I look forward welcoming you back to Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed April 14, 2011

My boyfriend, mother, father, sister and and aunt and I stayed at the Now Sapphire from 24 February - 3 March 2011. This resort was absolutely beautiful! The staff were helpful, friendly, the rooms were beautiful, the beach was clean. The food was extreemly good! The sandwiches from Coco Cafe were one of my favorites :) The resort is only approximately 15 minutes from the Cancun airport. There were couples, families with children and an older crowd as well.

We did some scuba diving, went to Playa del Carmen for an evening which is approximately 40 minutes from the Now Sapphire. The one tour I highly recommend is the Xtreme Tulum with Aventuras Mayas. It was so much fun! This tour included snorkeling, zip lining and rapelling as well as lunch and a tour of the Mayan Ruins. Our awesome tour guide Horacio made it the best! Lunch was great and everyone was friendly.

I felt so welcome at this resort and we will definately be returning next year!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank pocco86

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for sharing your comments on tripadvisor about your recent stay at the Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun. I appreciate your words and am grateful that you took the time to post your experiences, I will share your comments with the hotel staff.

I am looking forward to welcoming you very soon!

Cordially yours,

Reviewed April 14, 2011

Pistolero in Now Sapphire.

We have spent 2 weeks in paradise at Now Sapphire Resort, Riviera Cancun.
It used to be a Paradisus hotel, owned by Melia.
The resort is just a short drive from Cancun airport.
It is located on a gorgeous beach with fine white sand,
on which you can walk for miles.

The entire resort is extremely clean.
The staff does a great job in maintaining the grounds.
The lobby is spacious with plenty of areas to sit.
There were many fountains decorating the area.

We stayed in building 2 located on the beach and we were Prefer members.
Our room was a Deluxe Junior Suite.
It was large, kept clean,
and had the amnenities one needs including wi-fi for Prefer members.
We enjoyed our daily cappuccino at the Prefer Club room
while cooling off and checking the internet.

The beach is great!
It is constantly being cleaned and well taken care of.
The main pool is huge and beautiful with lots of activies going on.
The adult only pool for Prefer members was a real paradise
for relaxation with bally beds nestled under palapas.

The buffet had a wide selection of options and the food was good.
We found the quality and variety of food to be excellent,
whether in the buffet, or in the speciality restaurants.
Service was excellant and very friendly everywhere.

What really made this place special was the staff.
For this reason we would like to extend special thanks
to Olivia Rodriguez, (E-Concierge)
who made our stay in the Prefer Club most enjoyable and memorable.
Also thanks to the gentle and soft spoken Ivan
(beach and building Prefer concierge)
who took care daily of all our needs
and made sure our spot under our palapas was reserved.
Lastly thanks for the great service in Paramour specialty restaurant,
from Omar and his wonderful staff, and from all the amigos and amigas in main the buffet.
We would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone.

For photos see "Pistolero in Now Sapphire" on the forum.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leonardito C
NowSapphireRC, Social Media at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2011

Dear Pistolero,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience concerning your recent stay with us. It is very gratifying for Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun to read throughout your comments and realize that your vacation was pleasant enough to share your experience with Tripadvisor. I assure you that your comments are shared witht the hotel staff, they will be so glad to know they were able to assist you. Thank you for your words about me as well.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hospitality and we look forward to welcoming you back to Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun in the near future.

Muchísimos Saludos!!!