See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 18, 2018

The Good: Location is good as was the beach, except for massive piles of sargassam. This place was probably much nicer in its heyday before the giant resorts started building all around them. They will likely not be able to hang on much longer. They have a small restaurant but I only saw one couple eat there. Puerto Morelos, the town, was very enjoyable and we ate at a great restaurant there. There are two resident cats that people seem to treat well.
The Bad: Cabana #5 is billed as the room with the best view and it is indeed. However, the deck is unsafe. Water pressure is almost non-existent in the shower; good in the sink though. Price of $78 per night is way too high for the room which is very rustic and basic.
The Ugly: The shower has the same tile as in the bathroom and is extremely slippery and downright dangerous.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2018

We had a wonderful time at Acamaya Reef! This was our first Cabana/EcoLodge travel. What a simple and refreshing way to see Mexico away the touristy resorts. The location is beautiful and peaceful! It's tucked in between big hotels, yet feels miles away. Our room was on the second floor with a great ocean breeze. Rooms are simple, clean and we just as described on there website. We enjoyed renting the two bikes to see the town. We will return when in Puerto Morales next! Great owner and staff!!!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

This has to be the worst place I have ever stayed, our cabana/shed was awful it was filthy and quite frankly a health hazard.
It promises the world and provides nothing, I was expecting a beautiful cabana on the beach I got a concrete box in the car park.
The fridge was filthy and next to the toilet.
This place needs closing down.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed February 1, 2018

We arrived at 5:30, the first thing I saw was a dump truck size pile of garbage beside the driveway, next we were informed the restaurant and bar were closed, then when I offered my visa the "manager" insisted I pay cash. The place in general looked run down and dirty, not at all like the photographs.
Needless to say we turned around and left.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

Great place if you're not a fan of the big resorts, but still want to enjoy the beautiful beach. We stayed there in pur RV, it's a very convenient location to spend time in Puerto Morelos. It's about 35 minutes walk to the center, easy yo bike and plenty of cabs . Nice people, make sure you get a massage!

Date of stay: January 2018