“A once in a lifetime moment with pros”
Review of Buceo Xtabay

Buceo Xtabay
Ranked #2 of 40 Tours in Puerto Morelos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: SCUBA DIVING REEFS, SHIPWRECK, CENOTES, SNORKEL WITH WHALE SHARK. We are a new company in the Riviera Maya diving market, however we have a long history in the dive goes back to the 70's. NAUI Instructor I (16.728) and very proud to belong to this association of divers, the best in the world. Since 1982, I teach and organize scuba diving trips in Mexico and abroad. This space is open to get in touch with all those interested in scuba diving and sports as well as scientific diving. We offer: diving and snorkeling in coral reefs, cenotes, diving in wrecks, snorkeling with whale sharks, and sailfish. We offer diving courses in all the levels. We have our own boats and trucks to transport our divers. We provide personal attention as we prefer the groups where we can address them directly. We help you schedule all your stay, offering various activities combined with Mexico's history, archaeological sites, gastronomy, legends, walking in the forest, national park of Contoy Island.
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have water apprehension. I had to do this tiburon swim for work and I was really apprehensive. Luz and Paco have been amazing. From the moment we went, I felt safe. They picked me up at my hotel, the boat ride went really well. Once we were at sea, we were jumping in the water 2 by 2. I was the only single person in the group so I had to jump in alone. I freaked I have to say and told them I had to go back in the boat. But Luz came and grabbed my hand and very gently took me towards the magical creatures. I could not have done it and live this once in a lifetime moment without their professional and dedicated help. I will remember this day forever. I could not recomment more Buceo Xtabay.

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I was working as a translater for this kind of tour and i went to many of them and i can insure this one was the best. Went to this tour with the family of my girlfriend by suggest of them. Luz picked us up at 7 am, the Van was really confortable and Luz is a good and safe driver. We went until Isla Blanca , most of the other tour operators of Cancun departs from puerto juarez so they loosing around 2 hours more in navigation... The boat was good and we arrived really quickly at the location where the whale shark was so we had more time to dedicate to the fun part!!!... The equipment was new and the quality was good (usually in the other places they use cheap ones) on board they have everything, life jackets, phins, googles and snorkles ans Luz helps u if you don't know how to use them. We jumped in the water and swam with the sharks how many times as we wanted! That was amazing!!! All the other tours let you go in 2 or 3 times maximum and always in rush and stress cause they want to finish as soon they can to do other tours! With Luz no! Everything was relax and fun! It was perfect! After we got tired we went close to Isla Contoy to snorkle in a beautiful coral reef and to have a lunch. The experience was really positive, Luz is a biologist and she can answer u to all your questions! I loved this tour. Also on board you have soft drinks, water, juices, delicious sandwiches and for lunch she preparedus a delicious sea salad!!! Tasty!!! I was really susurprised cause usually the food on board of the other tours in not so much and not so good... And an other part, the price! This tour is the cheaper i ever been and absolutely the best! To go with other tours you pay not less then 190 usd and you receiving a not complete treatment. Here i payed less and i received a 5stars treatment. Thank you Luz. I'll be back.

3  Thank Ivanko86
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Had a fantastic family day in July snorkelling with the whale sharks.The boys aged 9 and 12
still talk of the experience.Would like to thank Luz for sending us the underwater photos she took of the family during the day.
The sharks and manta's were amazing,but the great hospitality of
luz and her husband made this a special trip.This is a small family business so the whole day was non commercial from stopping for ice cream at the side of the road on the way home to the home made food on the boat.The boat was not overcrowded ,giving everyone ample time in the water.After 5 mins swimming to keep up with a shark assure me you are happy to get out and have rest inbetween swims on the boat.
Luz had good knowledge and was able to pass this on to the group.Fair prices compared
to other operators particularly for the kids .

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Dived with Luz Maria last year and going back again next month. Back to the wreck again hopefully and then the cenotes

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I am a meeting planner so tours are part of my business. While on a personal vacation this month with one of my friends we were told by a local friend that the Whale Shark tour is a "must do". We took our chances as this is now the end of the season and we went on the tour. Luz, our guide, is not just a guide but she is also a marine biologist! Very friendly and knowledgeable about these amazing animals. Not only did we see the whale sharks, we swam next to them, sometimes up to 3 or 4 at a time. The Manta Rays were also amazing! Jumping out of the water right before our eyes. If you want a once in a lifetime experience not to mention bragging rights then you MUST swim with the whale sharks with Luz on your next trip to Cancun!