“Great food”

El Pesquero
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Description: We are a tipical local seafood restaurant, worried about our friends satisfaction, thats why we only use the best quality products and ingredients. We offer a good variety of food: guacamole, shrimp quesadillas, fish fillet, ceviches and coctails, shrimps, lobster, conch and some house specialities. We also offer some drinks and coctails like margaritas, pina colada, daiquiris, cazuela with tequila, margachela (margarita with a beer), beers, sodas, fresh waters and some spirits and liquors.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We ate lunch here one day. I had the grllled grouper. It was very good. I had the garlic butter on it and I must say, although it was good, it was a bit too much butter used. But it didn't keep me from eating it. It was very fresh tasting. Seating is all outdoors and the floor is sand. A nice change of pace from the other restaurants. I would recommend this place to everyone.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We walked by this restaurant on our visit to PM last year, the sand floor and its odd location kept us at bay. However, I love seafood and the reviews on TA made it a must stop for us this year. We went for lunch on a quiet weekday and are so glad that we did. Once we walked in we realized that the sand floor was cool and added to the vibe. They rake and clean the sand often, so it is nicer than some places with an actual floor.

We were greeted warmly and given top of the line service throughout our meal. This included some good gratis starter munchies like lime infused cucumbers, salsa verde and black beans. We both ordered shrimp, me the sandwich and my spouse the pepper grilled shrimp. He is not one for big compliments so when he said it is some of the best shrimp he has ever eaten I know it was good. The drinks were well made too.

All in all very much worth the trip here. We highly recommend not missing this place...we are bummed we had not given it a go last year! We will be back again soon.

2  Thank Done_with_shoveling
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Ate there today with a party of three, two of us had the fried fish and the other the shrimp quesadillas. Thought the food was average, nothing to fave about. For example the shrimp were overlooked, in fact they were burnt. Maybe it was a off day for the kitchen.

However, the staff was wonderful and so was the service. Nice atmosphere. Would I go back? Maybe but not before trying some of the other options in town.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

A great authentic restaurant with amazing service. I had the fried whole fish, and another person at the table had the shrimp tacos. Both were good, but not the best we've had in PM. But the beer were cold, and the staff were extremely friendly.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Over the top excellence in this laid back beach town south of Cancun. The staff is so friendly they seemed like good friends immediately. The food was so good and so reasonable we couldn't stay away and came back two more times! My wife had split-open garlic shrimp she said was some of the best she ever ate. A one kilo fresh red snapper cooked to order was $10. Even the margaritas were so good I had to ask what kind of mix they used. When you sit down, besides chips and a sear-your-tongue salsa, they bring three little plates of appetizers. The young guy who brings these out as well as clean tables remembered how much I liked one of the appetizers and brought me an extra-large portion the second time we came in. On Sunday afternoon the place was mobbed. The guy who had been our waiter the first time came over to our table part-way through our meal just to say, "I'm sorry I've been so busy I didn't have time to greet you when you walked in." We went into the place that gets the highest rating in Puerto Morelos on Trip Advisor, but the menu looked kind of "stuffy," the people weren't too friendly, and the prices were MUCH higher. I'm so glad we decided to try this place instead. I wouldn't even think to try any place else in this town (we were staying at the Grand Mayan a few miles further south).

3  Thank James G