“Wet Set Rocks!!!”

Wet Set Diving Adventures
Ranked #1 of 39 Tours in Puerto Morelos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Wet Set Diving & Snorkeling Adventures is the original PADI scuba diving and snorkeling center in Puerto Morelos, Mexico. Personalized service sets us apart and has been our goal since 1997. Once you check in at Wet Set Divers, you will never have to rinse equipment or carry a tank again. And while you enjoy your adventures on the Mayan Riviera, you can relax knowing that each trip is guided by an experienced professional... This is what we confidently call The Wet Set Difference. We strive to provide the highest quality marine park scuba diving, coral reef snorkeling tours, SNUBA(R) and cenote snorkeling and cenote diving trips in the Riviera Maya. We also offer private tours to Mayan ruins, dive in Cozumel, scuba MUSA sculptures and snorkel with Whale Sharks!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Wet Set Rocks!!!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We went through Wet Set in February to complete our dives to become certified scuba divers. Sami, our instructor, was very patient and kept at it until we learned all the skills. Wet Set shows you maps of the dive cites before you go out and was great at pointing out interesting things underwater. The staff takes care of you, to make sure you enjoy your dive, even having spare equipment in case something goes wrong before (or after) you enter the water. We had so much fun, we are already planning our next dives with Wet Set later this year!

Moose Jaw, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't dive in Puerto Morelos”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I was not able to dive at all during my stay. When I finally found someone at Wet Set I was not able to book a dive for days I was told that there was a wreck dive the next day. I said I would love to go. Then I was told I would not like the wreck dive, but would like the reef dive. When I said again I would like the wreck I was told it would not work out. If they were too busy why didn't they tell me so I could go somewhere I could get some dives in. By the time the dive day come (4 days later), the weather was bad and the port was closed and the boat was not allowed out (or so I was told). We did see other boats out, but by that time it was too late to book a dive with another company.
My suggestion is to bypass Puerto Morelos altogether and dive from Cozumel. The commute may take awhile, but you will dive. I have learned my lesson. I should not get hung up on the highest rating. They may be too busy to accommodate me.

1 Thank Exmech
wetsetdivers, Owner at Wet Set Diving Adventures, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Hi Exmech,

I am very sorry that you did not have a good experience with Wet Set Divers. That is certainly not what we hope to hear.

It is unfortunate that you were in Puerto Morelos during some bad weather, so that we were not at the shop all the time to offer you information. The port was closed a lot that week (by the local Port Captain) and we weren't able to get out for diving and snorkeling.

Due to the ongoing bad weather, we were desperately trying to reschedule guests that had booked in advance, meaning that our schedule and boats were rather full that week. Sadly, as the weather did not improve, we even had to cancel a bunch of those dive trips too.

I certainly apologize that one of our staff presumed to tell you what you would or wouldn't like. That is definitely not their place.

What he meant to say, was that we did have a boat going out to do a double dive at our ship wreck. Typically we combine the wreck with a reef site, as, even though the wreck is great, conditions there sometimes mean we don't see a lot of sea life, and therefore, for the best dive experience, we would always recommend divers going to a reef site along with the wreck.

Evidently he did not make that clear, and I'm sorry for that.

When the day of the double wreck dive arrived, the wind was still strong and we were told by the Port Captain's office that we weren't allowed to go out diving.

You may have seen other boats going out - these would have been snorkel boats. When there are fairly strong winds, activities that happen inside our local barrier reef (seen from the shore) and are therefore more protected, are still allowed to carry on. But activities such as diving and fishing outside the barrier reef, are shut down for the day.

The closure of the port outside the reef is for everyone's safety on the small boats that we all use here in Puerto Morelos, so we do abide by the word of the port captain, even if we don't like it.

We agree that Cozumel has world class diving, but we do hope that you, as well as other divers, do not miss out on the incredible, relatively unknown diving that we have here in Puerto Morelos, whether with Wet Set or any other of the great dive operations here in our small town.

We do recommend that divers and snorkelers alike contact us in advance (especially during our high season Nov - Mar & Jun - Aug) to ensure their spots on the boat.

All the best & happy diving wherever that may be, The Wet Set Team
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everything we hoped for!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We dropped in to Wet Set one afternoon and managed to get on a snorkeling tour that was leaving in 30 mins. We paid, waited at the beach, then got into our gear.

Our two young guides, Edwin and Ramona didn't speak much english but were super nice and seemed just as enthusiastic about all the fishes as we were. We went for 1.5 hours, and saw barracuda, colourful fish, cuttlefish, a lesser electric ray, a spotted eagle ray, and a school of about 10,000 fish!

Our group of 5 varied from very athletic to very not, and the guides accommodated us all very well.

Lindsay was extremely friendly. We would go back for snuba definitely!

1 Thank Jill S
Delta, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful reef snorkel with great people”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I did the classic 2 location reef snorkel and it was everything we could have wanted and more. We arrived at Wet Set about 45 minutes before our scheduled time. Lindsay had us checked in and paired with our guide Carlos in a matter of minutes. Carlos made sure we had all our equipment ready to go and suggested my wife wear neoprene socks which turned out to be a good idea (she gets cold easily). It was still 20 minutes until our departure time but as we were the only ones scheduled Carlos said we could leave a few minutes early. Having the dive shop right on the beach and just a few steps from the boat is very convenient. Carlos and his boat driver (can't remember his name) carried all our gear and loaded it in the boat and we were at the first snorkel site in less than 5 minutes. The snorkelling through the coral reef was amazing. We were in the water for about 45 minutes. We went back to the boat and set course for the second site which we arrived at in less than 5 minutes again. The second spot was very different from the first but just as fantastic. Carlos and his boat driver were both very professional and friendly right from start to finish. I was so impressed by the whole operation that I booked a 2 tank scuba tour for a few days later (my wife doesn't scuba) but unfortunately I hurt my back falling on the rocks at Yal Ku the day before my scuba tour. Lindsay had no problem with my cancellation just a few hours before my scheduled dives. The entire experience was very friendly and the snorkelling was amazing even from an experienced divers point of view. I really wish I could have done the scuba as well because with the snorkelling being so good I can only imagine what the diving would have been like.

Langley, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome dive refresher and SNUBA ”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We met up with Tadd on the way off the beach and he introduced us to Wet Set. I did an awesome PADI refresher with Lisa and she was awesome and extremely thorough. I hadn't dove for about 12 years and the refresher gave me the confidence to book a two tank dive. Unfortunately, the wind and weather didn't cooperate but I'm sure the deep dive would have been great.

We also booked a SNUBA dive with my wife and my daughter for her 11th Birthday. Noe was absolutely amazing and extremely patient with both of them. Even when my daughter was struggling a bit, Noe kept working with her and helped her to have a long, amazing dive. We even got to go over the Ojo De Agua cenote! It was incredible and a Birthday she will never forget.

Thanks to Tadd, Lyndsey and especially Lisa and Noe for fantastic memories of Puerto Morelos and the most beautiful reef we could have hoped for.

Steve and Nicole Johnston