“Diving in Cancun”

Wet Set Diving Adventures
Ranked #1 of 38 Tours in Puerto Morelos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Wet Set Diving & Snorkeling Adventures is the original PADI scuba diving and snorkeling center in Puerto Morelos, Mexico. Personalized service sets us apart and has been our goal since 1997. Once you check in at Wet Set Divers, you will never have to rinse equipment or carry a tank again. And while you enjoy your adventures on the Mayan Riviera, you can relax knowing that each trip is guided by an experienced professional... This is what we confidently call The Wet Set Difference. We strive to provide the highest quality marine park scuba diving, coral reef snorkeling tours, SNUBA(R) and cenote snorkeling and cenote diving trips in the Riviera Maya. We also offer private tours to Mayan ruins, dive in Cozumel, scuba MUSA sculptures and snorkel with Whale Sharks!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
San Diego, California
“Diving in Cancun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you're near the town of Puerto Morelos, close to the Cancun airport and would like to dive, I highly recommend using Wet Set for any and all of your diving/ snorkeling needs. They have a wonderful staff that speak perfect English and are very well qualified to instruct diving skills. My husband became scuba diver certified while there under the expert instruction of Lisa and at the same time I was able to get a good refreasher on my own skills. The next time we return he will upgrade in one day to Open water diver cert & we will stay right in town at Hotel Hacienda Morelos and skip the overpiced "Gourmet All-inclusive" options at the more expensive hotels that go nuts on you, trying to push their time shares. P.S. Never sign up for those!!
Love our new friends at Wet Set, can't wait to return for some spectacular diving!!

Flagstaff, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome snorkeling with Wet Set”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We went to Puerto Morelos to snorkel I called wet set and they held the 9:30 boat for us. It was so beautiful where they took us. They provided all the equipment for us and it was in good working order. They guide spoke English and provided us with water and a snack. The resturant next door gave us a discount The food was great.

Los Angeles, California
“Scuba Diving with Wet Set”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I wish I could give more than 5 stars, they are excellent. My wife and I did a lot of research and decided to get certified here. Lisa was our instructor and she was amazing. Very knowledgeable and very patient. My wife was a little stressed about a few of the activities you had to compete, mainly just removing your mask underwater and then clearing it. Lisa really made sure she comfortable doing it. After we got certified, we decided to do the Musa Museum dive through Wet Set. You won't beat their prices and service. Lisa normally does not do the Musa dive, but my wife and I insisted she did it with us.

On most of our dives, we were accompanied by Carlos, who was very friendly and Noah, who was very knowledgeable and friendly as well. In fact, Noah found a octopus on one of our dives, it was very exciting. Puerto Morales has some of the most amazing dive sites as well, you will not be disappointed.

I would highly recommend Wet Set to anyone visiting the Cancun, Playa Del Carmen area. You will not regret it.

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best experience ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We just returned from a 5 night stay in Cancun and by far the best part of the trip was our afternoon we spent snorkeling with Wet Set. Every part of the experience was top notch, starting with setting up the trip wth the help of Lindsey before we left home. It was very reasonable...about $45 dollars/person (wth transportation included) and we were able to visit two snorkeling sights. There were 9 of us on the trip (2 families) with children ranging in age from 6 to 18. A big shout out to Noe, Miguel, and Carlos who took us out and made sure everyone had a wonderful time.
I hope Wet Set realiizes what great employees they have. Noe knew all our names after telling him once and I can't begin to tell you how personal it made the experience. He made sure he shared special experiences with all the kids and they all loved it!! We saw so many different fish, all more beautiful than the last. We also saw 3 sting rays and a green moray eel...very cool. My only regret was that we didn't have time to go on another trip before our vacation was over. I hope to visit the area again and Wet Set will be part of our trip. I would love to try Snuba next time we visit. Thanks again to everyone at Wet Set for giving us the experience of a life tiime.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank michele c
West Covina, California
“scuba dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed at the El Cid resort and after reading all the reviews on Wet Set, I decided to scuba dive with them. Since this was my first dive without my regular instructor I was a little nervous but Lindsay was very nice and helpful. Prior to the dive Noa fitted me with my gear and was very helpful in answering questions. At Wet Set all you have to do is relax and enjoy the dive. They carry all the gear to the boat and back and have snacks waiting in between the dives. When they say there are not hidden fees this is very true, what I was quoted was what I paid. Since I visited in the slow season I was the only diver on the boat which was a surprise to me that the dive was not canceled as I have experienced in the past when there were not enough divers signed up to dive at other dive shops. Although my resort offers scuba diving (I am a time share owner) , I will be going back to Wet Set anytime I am in Puerto Morelos. I am looking forward to trying the more challenging dive sites (they have several to choose from) after I get a little more experience and a few specialty courses completed. Thanks Lindsay, Noa and crew for making this a terrific experience.

Visited September 2013