“scuba dive”

Wet Set Diving Adventures
Ranked #1 of 39 Tours in Puerto Morelos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Wet Set Diving & Snorkeling Adventures is the original PADI scuba diving and snorkeling center in Puerto Morelos, Mexico. Personalized service sets us apart and has been our goal since 1997. Once you check in at Wet Set Divers, you will never have to rinse equipment or carry a tank again. And while you enjoy your adventures on the Mayan Riviera, you can relax knowing that each trip is guided by an experienced professional... This is what we confidently call The Wet Set Difference. We strive to provide the highest quality marine park scuba diving, coral reef snorkeling tours, SNUBA(R) and cenote snorkeling and cenote diving trips in the Riviera Maya. We also offer private tours to Mayan ruins, dive in Cozumel, scuba MUSA sculptures and snorkel with Whale Sharks!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
West Covina, California
“scuba dive”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed at the El Cid resort and after reading all the reviews on Wet Set, I decided to scuba dive with them. Since this was my first dive without my regular instructor I was a little nervous but Lindsay was very nice and helpful. Prior to the dive Noa fitted me with my gear and was very helpful in answering questions. At Wet Set all you have to do is relax and enjoy the dive. They carry all the gear to the boat and back and have snacks waiting in between the dives. When they say there are not hidden fees this is very true, what I was quoted was what I paid. Since I visited in the slow season I was the only diver on the boat which was a surprise to me that the dive was not canceled as I have experienced in the past when there were not enough divers signed up to dive at other dive shops. Although my resort offers scuba diving (I am a time share owner) , I will be going back to Wet Set anytime I am in Puerto Morelos. I am looking forward to trying the more challenging dive sites (they have several to choose from) after I get a little more experience and a few specialty courses completed. Thanks Lindsay, Noa and crew for making this a terrific experience.

Calgary, Alberta
4 attraction reviews
“Continued Excellence”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is the third time being in Mexico that I have been diving with Wet Set-the prior two occasions I was accompanied by my 3 adult daughters who were not able to join us this time (February, 2013). We did 2 days of 2 tank diving-partly around the reefs with its abundant life and partly deeper on the wreck dive and some drift diving. One of the most memorable events was when a school of dolphins showed up-15 or so. Theyy were very curious, swam playfully around us and then disappeared in the blink of an eye. About 15 minutes later, they reappeared but didn't stay as long. It was a rare experience. In the past, we've stayed at all inclusives near Puerto Morelos but this time, we we were further south at Secrets Maroma. I cabbed it each way (approx 30 minutes) because I wanted to dive with Wet Set. Even with the cab cost, the diving with Wet Set is good value. They run a professional operation-the dive masters are great (shout out to Noe and Captain Lino) and they emphasize safety and education. We have recommended them to our friends and they are our dive shop of choice.

Visited February 2013
DFW Texas
“SNUBA is a must.”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

If you enjoy snorkeling, you MUST try SNUBA! We had previously snorkeled around Puerto Morelos and when we discovered that Wet Set offered SNUBA we were determined to do that. We grabbed a taxi from our hotel in Play del Carmen (Iberostar Tucan) and spent the afternoon there as well, snorkeling from the beach after our SNUBA trip.

Lindsay, Noah, and Miguel were just terrific, laid-back and very accomodating. Since we traveled during the off-season, we had the whole experience to ourselves, just the two of us. The reef and sea-life are spectacular and being able to stay submerged at 25 feet is fantastic. So much cooler than snorkeling!

Tip - stay for lunch at the hotel next door. Good food and prices and a view that's amazing.

1 Thank Russ S
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly and professional, safe and affordable!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I recently stayed at Now Sapphire in Puerto Morelas with my husband and his parents. It was a bit of a challenge keeping everyone happy as we all had different requests! I wanted to dive caverns and wrecks, my husband wanted to do some reef diving, and my parents in law wanted to snorkel. Wet Set managed to keep us all happy!

Lindsay and Tadd answered all of our questions, and were very flexible with dates. The diving was also good value - I was pleasantly surprised to find gear rental was included. We couldn't fit in all of the dives we'd booked in advance because the weather on a couple of days wasn't suitable, but we received a refund almost before we got home!

Wet Set is half a block from the beach in Puerto Morelas, and a 40-45 minute stroll along the beach from Now Sapphire (it would be even closer from some of the other resorts). The marine park dive sites are about a ten minute boat ride to the reef, and there is also a site right on the beach, outside the shop. I also dived the Dos Ochos cenote, about an hour's drive from the shop. All of the staff and crew were very friendly and helpful, and a special mention must go to Francisco, the cavern diving guide/instructor. All in all, Wet Set is a friendly, safe set-up and I would happily recommend them. Thanks for some great diving!

1 Thank Laurie_Dem
Denver, Colorado
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Front Yard with a Reef”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had a great time snorkeling with the Wet Set crew: Noah, Miguel, and Carlos. Puerto Morelos is an easy drive from the Cancun Hotel Strip, approx. 45 minutes. The Wet Set hangout is 1/2 block to the beach and adjacent to a hotel and restaurant and there are bathrooms, a changing area, outside showers, and a place to park behind the hotel. We did not try the restaurant, the menu and happy hour were tempting. We arrived during some funky weather, however we got a break and quickly got out to the water. A very professional & safety minded crew. The reef is a national park and a great front yard for Puerto Morales. We snorkeled two areas, saw many fish, many corals, and were well taken care of. Highly recommended. We brought snorkel gear with us and they supplemented what we didn't have and added life jackets. Great afternoon, Thank you!

1 Thank Jay G