“Do you always get Dolphins come to visit on the safety stops?”

Wet Set Diving Adventures
Ranked #1 of 38 Tours in Puerto Morelos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Wet Set Diving & Snorkeling Adventures is the original PADI scuba diving and snorkeling center in Puerto Morelos, Mexico. Personalized service sets us apart and has been our goal since 1997. Once you check in at Wet Set Divers, you will never have to rinse equipment or carry a tank again. And while you enjoy your adventures on the Mayan Riviera, you can relax knowing that each trip is guided by an experienced professional... This is what we confidently call The Wet Set Difference. We strive to provide the highest quality marine park scuba diving, coral reef snorkeling tours, SNUBA(R) and cenote snorkeling and cenote diving trips in the Riviera Maya. We also offer private tours to Mayan ruins, dive in Cozumel, scuba MUSA sculptures and snorkel with Whale Sharks!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Erlanger, Kentucky
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Do you always get Dolphins come to visit on the safety stops?”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I signed up with 7 dives but had a cancel a night dive due to the weather. The greatest part of that (if there is a good thing about having to cancel a dive) was that Lindsay and Tadd didn't hesitate about providing a refund without batting an eye. Safety first!

The first dive was a wreck dive followed by a shallower dive. At the safety stop, four dolphins rolled up on the five of us and gave us a once over. IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!

The second day was full of coral and color. It was just Tadd and I but they still got me out and I was able to enjoy the dives.

Finally, Francisco took 4 of us to Dos Ojos and Cenote diving. Another completely incredible experience in the crystal clear water of the cavern system.

Couple extra things that made this an easy 5 for me. I was able to get my Nitrox Certification. They were able to add my GF last minute to the Dos Ojos trip as a snorkeler. They offered all equipment in the quoted prices. No 'surprises' once you get there.

Lindsay, Tadd. Thanks for the incredible experience!

1 Thank patelpg

Colorado
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 247 helpful votes
“Excellent diving experience”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I were in Cancun last week and opted to dive in Puerto Morelos after a disappointing diving experience in Cancun last year. We chose Wet Set based on their positive Trip Advisor reviews. We were very glad we went with them.

Lindsay was timely and efficient in getting back to me following my initial request.

We took a cab from Cancun (about $41 or 500 pesos, plus gratuity) and about $28 or 350 pesos back.

Tad was our divemaster, and he really made both of us feel comfortable and safe. It was just the three of us, plus a captain for the boat. We did not have to carry our BCD's and tanks the short walk from the shop to the boat. Tad did suggest we tip the guys who carried our stuff, which we did.

The boat is small with a cover for sun protection. No giant cattle calls, just small group personal attention. They also have compartments your dive tank slides into so it doesn't roll around the floor of the boat. You can easily put on your BCD while sitting and then simply roll backwards off the side of the boat for entry into the water. It was nice not to have to stand with the weight of the tank on your back and worry about keeping your balance or tripping as you got off the boat. Very convenient. When we exited the water, the captain pulled our tanks and BCD's in the boat for us, making it easier to get in safely.

Our first dive spot was Grouper Alley. We saw tons of fish and wildlife including lobsters, mackerel, eels, rock fish, a lion fish, and an eagle ray. The lion fish is an invasive species so Tad said he or someone else would go back to the area and try to spear it. Our second spot was the Aquarium. I truly did feel like I was swimming in an aquarium. There were so many fish surrounding us that you felt like you were one of them. We saw another manta ray and even an octopus.

Returning to the shop, we were able to use fresh water showers and change. Tad let us keep our stuff at the shop so we could wander around Puerto Morelos and have lunch. We ate at one of the beachside places he recommended. The fish tacos were amazing and the atmosphere was perfect. Sea breezes, amazing views, mellow music, and just pure relaxation. After we made our way back to the shop, Tad called us a taxi.

Can't recommend Wet Set highly enough. Their price was reasonable, the service was great, and the dive spots they took us to were fantastic.

1 Thank coloparkers
Weldon Spring, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A Great Diving Center Just Got Better”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have been diving exlusively with Wet Set for 8 years and this was my first experience with the new owners. Tadd & Lindsey(and the entire staff) were terrific. Great communication scheduling the dives, thorough following PADI protocols and very informative before, during and after the dives. I completed my PADI Wreck Diving certification this trip and am planning all future specialty dive training with WetSet.

Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Scuba with Wet Set”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is my second year diving in Cancun and the six of us dove with Wet Set. What a great experience! The staff made sure we were safe and let us know when the harbor was closed and the swells were too big. They made up our dives on calmer days. I appreciated their flexibility. They did not micromanage us as we were all experienced divers, but they did keep an eye on us. We could stay down as long as our computers would let us which was pretty long for some of us.

I would highly recommend Wet Set. The owners speak fluent English which makes it a little easier for this lazy American. Thanks Wet Set!

2 Thank MFarmar59
mayville, wi
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“great communication!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Lindsay was great at getting back to me via email to set this up. Even when my husband got sick and we had to re-schedule at the last minute she made it work.

We had a 6 and 4 year old. The 4 year old was afraid and did not snorkel although she has in the past. I think it is because you take a boat to the site. She was very concerned about how deep it was (it wasn't very but she had no idea.) The 6 year old went out but got cold quickly as she is very petite. There were no wetsuits to fit her properly. Husband and I loved it. I had to stay in the boat for 3/4 of it because of the kids but what I saw was great and my husband couldn't stop talking about it.

1 Thank kimberly t