“Fantastic diving experience with Wet Set; highly recommended!”

Wet Set Diving Adventures
Ranked #1 of 38 Tours in Puerto Morelos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Wet Set Diving & Snorkeling Adventures is the original PADI scuba diving and snorkeling center in Puerto Morelos, Mexico. Personalized service sets us apart and has been our goal since 1997. Once you check in at Wet Set Divers, you will never have to rinse equipment or carry a tank again. And while you enjoy your adventures on the Mayan Riviera, you can relax knowing that each trip is guided by an experienced professional... This is what we confidently call The Wet Set Difference. We strive to provide the highest quality marine park scuba diving, coral reef snorkeling tours, SNUBA(R) and cenote snorkeling and cenote diving trips in the Riviera Maya. We also offer private tours to Mayan ruins, dive in Cozumel, scuba MUSA sculptures and snorkel with Whale Sharks!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Toronto, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fantastic diving experience with Wet Set; highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I did 2 days of diving with Wet Set in January 2013. Booking the trip and getting information was easy as their web site if comprehensive. Lindsay promptly responded to all of my questions via email and was professional and friendly. Very convenient to be able to pay through paypal.

The diving experience was great - Wet Set is a well organized shop and had good gear. Both Lindsay and Tadd made me feel welcome and properly informed of the dive sites. The boat and dive experience was good despite rough seas. I felt safe and had a fun time. I definitely hope to dive with them again in the future and recommend them to anyone looking to dive in the area!

Additionally, they did a Discover Scuba Dive with 4 of my family members, which was an excellent experience for these newcomers to scuba. My family was very impressed with Lindsay and Tadd's professionalism and found them to be really friendly and patient. Thanks to Wet Set for this great introductory experience!!

2 Thank Allison W

Huntington Beach, California, USA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved the dive in the Cenotes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I was staying in Cancun and wanted to dive. After a couple of emails, I was set up with a dive in Cenotes Dos Ojos for myself and my son and my wife snorkeled there. The guide, Francisco, was great. They had all the gear, the transportation, and bought us lunch afterward in a little Mexican restaurant no one would ever think to stop at, and the food was very good. We had a great time and a memorable day.

1 Thank Tom H
Voorheesville, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“great diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and i were going to be staying at the Now Jade and we were looking to do some diving. We found Wetset on the internet and we are happy that we did. Took a couple of very nice reef dives with Lindsay the morning of 1/16/13. Only 3 divers in our group (max is only 6) so there was no crowded feeling like on some other trips. Lindsay was great with Jean as she can be a little nervous at the surface. Then she did a great job showing us the reefs. I highly recommend them and we will dive with them in the future

2 Thank Bryan B
San Diego, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Dive shop in Puerto Morelos - Cancun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Our group of six women (varying scuba experience - instructor to novice) dove with both Lindsay and Tadd for four days in January. They took over the beachfront shop maybe a year ago. This was our first time with them and all of us completely enjoyed the couples' dedication to providing a safe, fun scuba experience. The crew was great, hauling and handling our gear and driving the boats very well. They found all dive sites with ease, provided safe follow of our bubbles (you don't want to surface w/o your boat nearby!) Their patio area is comfortable, there is a beachside restaurant for lunch with a view of the beautiful ocean right there, the town of Puerto Morelos is very cute for shopping, coffee, food etc. They delivered everything they promised despite some schedule changes for weather. We booked ahead of our trip for some great package pricing. Easy online payment, excellent communication and follw-up, follow-through. Oh ya, and the diving was great - reef structure, wreck, deep, drift - Spotted eagle rays, barracuda, fish fish fish everywhere. I've dove around the world and will return and use Wet Set again.

1 Thank RangerRobin
Regina, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fantastic instructors, sites, and experiences”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I dove with Wet Set this past December and enjoyed the experience from booking to leaving. Before I left for my holiday I was concerned about weather in the area and my limited time there. I was able to talk to Lindsay easily through email and she responded quickly. She told me about the dive options for the days I'd be there and what the weather/visibility conditions would be like. I was lucky to get great days for my ocean dives and the cenote dive was perfect for a windy day. Lindsay had given me the dates and times I would dive through email before I even checked in with them in person. Since this was the first time I was diving without my family I was very thankful for Wet Set's open lines of communication. It also made it easier to send money through paypal (which I'm still getting used to) when I was emailing at the same time and Linsday gave me email confirmation of my payment.

The diving itself was amazing as well! I was so excited to see rays, eels, lobster, barracuda, shrimp, all kinds of fish and corals and even sea turtles! I did my first-ever night dive and my first cenote dive as well. The group was only 4 people plus the instructor for the ocean dives and just 2 plus the instructor on the cenote/cavern dive. I felt totally safe and well-looked-after with every dive.

They give a nice run-down of safety and what to expect on the dive as we boat out to the site (only about 15 min on the boar!) and go through all the proper buddy checks etc without taking a large amount of time doing it. You are expected to check all your gear and help to carry it from the shop to the boat, but their staff carries the tanks for you.
The equipment was very well looked-after and suits were in good condition. They made sure I had enough layers on for the cenote (colder water) and there didn't seem to be a shortage of suits of all sizes.

I have to mention the lunch after my cenote dive at Dos Ojos - fantastic! I believe the instructor's name was Francisco and he took us to lunch at a little traditional roadside restaurant on the highway for the lunch that was included with the dive. We could pick anything off the menu and it was fantastic food and a lot of it!

Wet Set can be found by walking along the beach of Puerto Morelos to the hotel and beach restaurant called Ojo de Agua. You can get there by the street closest to the beach (running north and south) and walk down the beach access right alongside Ojo de Agua. They have a great website with tons of information. And, like I said, if you email they will get back to you within a few days to answer all your questions.

The reef and cenotes in the area are not to be missed! If you don't dive, go snorkelling with them or bring your snorkel gear and swim out right off the beach. This is one area where the Mexican government actually did something right and created a protected zone. Something much needed along the over-crowded Mayan Riviera. Explore it with an environmental conscious (ex. no sunscreen or at least natural sunscreen) and enjoy the natural beauty!

With Wet Set you will get a relief from the resorts' and other companies' "cattle car" approach to diving!

Visited December 2012