“Fantastic instructors, sites, and experiences”

Wet Set Diving Adventures
Ranked #1 of 39 Tours in Puerto Morelos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Wet Set Diving & Snorkeling Adventures is the original PADI scuba diving and snorkeling center in Puerto Morelos, Mexico. Personalized service sets us apart and has been our goal since 1997. Once you check in at Wet Set Divers, you will never have to rinse equipment or carry a tank again. And while you enjoy your adventures on the Mayan Riviera, you can relax knowing that each trip is guided by an experienced professional... This is what we confidently call The Wet Set Difference. We strive to provide the highest quality marine park scuba diving, coral reef snorkeling tours, SNUBA(R) and cenote snorkeling and cenote diving trips in the Riviera Maya. We also offer private tours to Mayan ruins, dive in Cozumel, scuba MUSA sculptures and snorkel with Whale Sharks!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I dove with Wet Set this past December and enjoyed the experience from booking to leaving. Before I left for my holiday I was concerned about weather in the area and my limited time there. I was able to talk to Lindsay easily through email and she responded quickly. She told me about the dive options for the days I'd be there and what the weather/visibility conditions would be like. I was lucky to get great days for my ocean dives and the cenote dive was perfect for a windy day. Lindsay had given me the dates and times I would dive through email before I even checked in with them in person. Since this was the first time I was diving without my family I was very thankful for Wet Set's open lines of communication. It also made it easier to send money through paypal (which I'm still getting used to) when I was emailing at the same time and Linsday gave me email confirmation of my payment.

The diving itself was amazing as well! I was so excited to see rays, eels, lobster, barracuda, shrimp, all kinds of fish and corals and even sea turtles! I did my first-ever night dive and my first cenote dive as well. The group was only 4 people plus the instructor for the ocean dives and just 2 plus the instructor on the cenote/cavern dive. I felt totally safe and well-looked-after with every dive.

They give a nice run-down of safety and what to expect on the dive as we boat out to the site (only about 15 min on the boar!) and go through all the proper buddy checks etc without taking a large amount of time doing it. You are expected to check all your gear and help to carry it from the shop to the boat, but their staff carries the tanks for you.
The equipment was very well looked-after and suits were in good condition. They made sure I had enough layers on for the cenote (colder water) and there didn't seem to be a shortage of suits of all sizes.

I have to mention the lunch after my cenote dive at Dos Ojos - fantastic! I believe the instructor's name was Francisco and he took us to lunch at a little traditional roadside restaurant on the highway for the lunch that was included with the dive. We could pick anything off the menu and it was fantastic food and a lot of it!

Wet Set can be found by walking along the beach of Puerto Morelos to the hotel and beach restaurant called Ojo de Agua. You can get there by the street closest to the beach (running north and south) and walk down the beach access right alongside Ojo de Agua. They have a great website with tons of information. And, like I said, if you email they will get back to you within a few days to answer all your questions.

The reef and cenotes in the area are not to be missed! If you don't dive, go snorkelling with them or bring your snorkel gear and swim out right off the beach. This is one area where the Mexican government actually did something right and created a protected zone. Something much needed along the over-crowded Mayan Riviera. Explore it with an environmental conscious (ex. no sunscreen or at least natural sunscreen) and enjoy the natural beauty!

With Wet Set you will get a relief from the resorts' and other companies' "cattle car" approach to diving!

1  Thank Jo S
There are newer reviews for Wet Set Diving Adventures

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Lindsey and Tadd make you trip. We went snorkling with them (well actually with Noah and Abraham), but they know the right spots and do make your trip very enjoyable. Just one of the best and most relaxed companies in town.

1  Thank Cyril C
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had a pleasant snorkeling experience in Puerto Morello with the guys from WetSet. They took us to see some great spots, although the sea was a little choppy that day. We were able to see beautiful corals, lots of fish, a turtle, lobsters and conches.
There is a reason why these guys are rated as number one. They will give you excellent value for the money. Will use them again when in Mexico.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We just got back from Mexico, went snorkeling on 1/2/13 with WETSET. Everything was ready when we got there, Lindsay welcomed us, Noah was very polite and cordial, he got us set up and ready. Equipment was great, we got off on time.
Reef was fabulous, our guide, Crispy Bacon, was informative and patient, the views and fish were spectacular. Short boat ride.
Never felt uncomfortable, gear was secured in their office while we were out.

I would definitely recommend !

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My wife, daughter (13) and I visited Puerto Morelos December of 2012. Lindsay - one of the owners of Wet Set - was very helpful putting together a package for us: organizing airport transfers, an apartment to rent, and diving. She got us oriented when we arrived, made sure we were comfortable, and kept us informed about what was happening throughout our stay. My daughter completed the junior scuba diver certification. She learned a lot. Lindsay was great building her confidence and skills. I dove deeper sites with Tadd - the other owner -- and I think he has a good team. The boat captains were excellent and tracked the divers perfectly. The divemasters displayed awareness and skill. The BCDs and regs were newer and in good condition. In ten dives, saw a good mix of bottom types and wildlife (rays, turtles, eels, etc.). Also visited 2 cenotes. Puerto Morelos has a laidback vibe and some very good restaurants. Worth a visit. Wet Set would be a good choice for dive classes, fun diving or snorkeling.

2  Thank Matthew B