“Great dive...”

Discover Scuba
Ranked #1 of 42 Tours in Puerto Morelos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Wet Set Diving & Snorkeling Adventures is the original PADI scuba diving and snorkeling center in Puerto Morelos, Mexico. Personalized service sets us apart and has been our goal since 1997. Once you check in at Wet Set Divers, you will never have to rinse equipment or carry a tank again. And while you enjoy your adventures on the Mayan Riviera, you can relax knowing that each trip is guided by an experienced professional... This is what we confidently call The Wet Set Difference. We strive to provide the highest quality marine park scuba diving, coral reef snorkeling tours, SNUBA(R) and cenote snorkeling and cenote diving trips in the Riviera Maya. We also offer private tours to Mayan ruins, dive in Cozumel, scuba MUSA sculptures and snorkel with Whale Sharks!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have just dived in Belize, Cozumel and Tulum so wondered if anywhere else would live up to the amazing dives I'd had so far. I asked bout diving in Puerto Morales when I was in Tulum and my dive master poo-pooed the idea.

However, I met Lindsey and Tadd and they were so full of praise for their dive sites I was convinced. I have to say I was not disappointed. Wet Set is a great outfit, the owners are knowledgable, inspiring and the diving was amazing..

Thanks so much, I will be back!

2  Thank CarlynMarie
wetsetdivers, Owner at Wet Set Diving Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thanks! Come back any time and we'll go explore some more.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We emailed when staying at Dreams Riviera hotel. Lindsay could fit us in for a combined diving trip for 2 of our party with the other 6 of us snorkelling. She kept in regular contact both by email and phone to say she wasn't sure about the weather. On the day she emailed to say it wasn't the best day but she could take us but thought another day would be better. We decided to go on the said day.
My husband and friend's son had done their ow padi in Turkey and dived the following year in Cyprus. As our friends son was 14 we thought it best to do a tune up and 2 tank dive. Lindsay got them to do a refresher quiz and took them into shallow sea to go over things (sorry I'm not a diver so hence the lack of technical terms), my husband said he learnt more from Lindsay in that 1 morning than in his OW padi course.
In the afternoon we all went out. Unfortunately the sea was rougher than we anticipated us softy snorklers didn't last long before sea sickness set in. However the scuba divers had a great time.
Upon our return to shore Lindsay was great really looking after us especially one of our party who was feeling really ill. I can't count the number of times Lindasy offered to take us out another day but as wind conditions didn't settle we all felt land was definitely the place for us.
The divers however did go out for their 2nd dive and were amazed at how much sealife they saw and held. Again they couldn't compliment Lindsay enough saying how good her safety stops were.
If you want great diving and snorkelling all provided at a fantastic price by very friendly people then this place is for you. If you stay at the Dreams Riviera hotel (which is the best hotel we have ever stayed in) then you can walk to the dive shop which is along the beach 2 km's.
We will be returning to both Dreams hotel and Wetset.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Had the most amazing vacation. Stayed at the El Dorado Royale in Riveria Maya (which is an excellent resort) and took a 15 minute taxi to Wet Set Diving in Puerto Morelas. The shop is just steps from the beach and the staff is wonderful. Had three days of diving (the wreck and reef dives will blow you away) and it was awesome. Lindsay and Tadd are safe, knowledgable, friendly and will work to accomodate your every request. I can't wait to go back, in fact, I will be returning for sure in March and sooner if possible. You will be very happy if you choose this dive shop.

4  Thank Delana W
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We came to Cancun specifically for a dive trip and we did a lot of research online before we booked anything. I came across Wet Set Dive Shop and am so terrifically glad I did, as their prices were not only super competitive, but they included so many extras that almost every other dive shop out there anywhere would charge extra for. They included ALL equipment rental for FREE, from wet suits and weights down to mask, snorkel and fins if needed. They also offered free upgrade to Nitrox tanks, which is a huge deal and big savings. Every other dive shop I looked at in the Cancun area charged around $10 per dive to rent a wetsuit, and had an upgrade fee of $5-10 per tank for Nitrox.
We stayed at the gorgeous El Dorado Royale Resort, and although admittedly Wet Set was a bit farther away from our Resort than I anticipated, next time we will either rent a car or stay closer to Wet Set. (Taxis from El Dorado Royale ran - depending on the driver - $12-$20 USD each way)
Lindsay and Tadd were very professional and friendly and their entire staff provided us with exceptional service. Lindsay & Tadd were great about promptly responding to our emails pre-trip, and even followed up with us post-trip to ensure we got home safely. They even put our gear together and hauled it to the boat and back. We also appreciated the small group sizes, as this allowed for a much experience under the water with regards to diver comfort and confidence, and sharing all the special finds the barrier reefs and wrecks have to offer up.
We had booked and prepaid for more diving than we ended up feeling comfortable doing, so it was also very nice to know that the tanks we did not use go into their "tank bank" and can be used by us at any time in the future - we did not lose any money by not taking that extra afternoon dive - the tanks will be waiting for us upon our return. Speaking of which, we DEFINITELY will be returning to dive in Puerto Morelos, as the diving was absolutely incredible and we were so very, very impressed by Lindsay and Tadd and the Wet Set Dive Shop. We're already planning a return trip in March or April of next year, and we'll have a few tanks already paid for courtesy of the "tank bank."

3  Thank DerekJax
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were lucky enough to stumble on this stop on a quick trip to Puerto Morelos. We were staying at the Mayan Palace and this was a quick and easy day trip for us since we rented a vechicle. We were looking for some easy snorkeling since one of our group members had not been snorkeling before. We took the quick one spot trip. The owners accommodated us without reservations. The dive group had not returned so we had to wait a couple of hours but that was not a problem since they provided us with a couple of spots that we could grab some lunch. The guide was great. He pointed out things we would have otherwise not seen. Wish we would have been able to go out on the two spot trip instead. If I go back I will definitly go back to them. Prices were much more reasonable compared to the other shops in the area.

2  Thank Mari M