“Pretty Good”

Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We enjoyed this meal, but I didn't think it met the expectations set by the reviews.

We shared an app. Of calebrese empanadas ...they were good, I would order them again.

My husband ordered the short rib, which was the size of his forearm! He felt it was good but not excellent.

I had a steak, which was nicely cooked but lacked flavour( other than the grill ).

I guess it was a fine meal, but we wouldn't go out of our way to eat there again.

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We had the empanadas for starters which were super tasty. I had the chorizo as a main and ohhhhh man, I think that's the most tender and delicious sausage I've ever had (that's what she said)... And only 60 pesos! Mom got skirt steak and it was great as well. Loved the atmosphere and food. Favorite meal by far during our week in Mexico. MUST go here if staying or visiting Puerto Morelos.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

you will be able to tell by how long it takes to get your food that they are making it from scratch. There is also usually a little bit of a wait during the busy season. Trust me it is worth it. They are now providing an extensive wine list as well that is a nice. Share the salad it is huge. enjoy

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The centerpiece of his Uruguayan restaurant is its fired oven. When they fire up in the afternoon, the wonderful aroma permeates an entire block of Puerto Morelos. The service is friendly and highly efficient. The second time we visited, the staff knew us well.

We enjoyed a special tasting menu on December 24 consisting of Duck, Filet Mignon, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus, field greens and dessert. It was one of the best 2 meals during a week of amazing food in PM.

We returned for dinner a few days later to enjoy steaks and very long short ribs (looked like something from the Flintstones). As we left town on our lat day, we drove by with our windows down to get one last whiff of the wonderful smoke coming from Al Chimichurri.

1  Thank Jeff C
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We ate several times at the new sister restaurant tp Al Chimichurri, Al Chili. The food, service and prices were excellent! Don't miss it. It is south of the church on the plaza about a block. Amazing.