“Sister Restaurant Al Chili”
Review of Al Chimichurri

Al Chimichurri
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We ate several times at the new sister restaurant tp Al Chimichurri, Al Chili. The food, service and prices were excellent! Don't miss it. It is south of the church on the plaza about a block. Amazing.

There are newer reviews for Al Chimichurri

Reviewed December 11, 2012

What a great place. Great food! Great service!! You can't go wrong. The cuts of meat are quite different from the states BUT are far superior--and when they are cooked on the grill--Scrumptious!!!!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The servers, Robert and Annea give the best service I've had. I'd see Robert across the street getting drinks for his table at that bar, or Annea running dinner down the street somewhere. The meat empenadas are out of this world good and made at the place next door, which opens around noon, by the way. Chimmichuri's opens for dinner. The bread is wonderful, warm and soft-a much needed change from tortilla's. A good choice of wines compliment some very tender and very tasty meats. I enjoyed the small plate of a homemade grilled sausage with wild greens salad when I wanted to eat light. People were raving about the lasagna. Prices are very reasonable and the servings large. I was able to get a smaller cut at times when they could. Tables are on the street and some inside. A real nice spot, esp. on a Friday evening as they have salsa music across the street. There's an outdoor lounge with music in the back. I'm pretty sure you can eat back there. Remember that if the tables are filled in front. People tend to linger. DO NOT forget bug spray whenever you go out after the sun starts setting. Trust me. Lather it on and have a good time.
Like I said, the BEST service, great food and a good setting!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed nearby at a Resort and had saw this place on TripAdvisor. The reviews did not lie. This is by far the best food we had in Mexico. It was so good we almost exclusively ate here once we tried it. The service was slow at times (2 servers for a full house though with owner running food) but then again, that is the pace of things in this part of Mexico, especially Puerto Morelos. The cost of the food was extremely reasonable. To put in perspective we ordered a NY Strip, 6 empanadas (to go for our hotel room), chorizo, a small pizza, wine/beer, dessert for around 50$ US. We live in DC where that would easily be over 200$. The owner and the staff were very nice.

My recommendations:

The NY Strip
Chorizo
Any Empanada (especially the one with corn!)
Pizza

For beer, try Indio.

I really wanted to try the sweetbreads but I will have to come back!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

In a small beach village with absolutely nothing to do this place is a winner.

Small but next to two bars with great music. They put their tables and chairs on the street at night.

Great, smiling service.

The food is well cooked and fresh: try their empañadas, they are divine! I tried their mushroom raviolis with pesto and loved it.

If, like me you like tea with your food, do bring yours as their choice is quite limited. Also remember to spray yourself with repellent as the mosquitoes there love any exposed skin :)