“Truly the best Mexican in Puerto Morelos”

La Panza es Primero
Ranked #37 of 146 Restaurants in Puerto Morelos
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I think we have tried every restaurant in Puerto Morelos and this trip we made our way to La Panza, well why the heck have we not been here yet we said to ourselves. I couldn't wait to go back for supper even though we were there having a late lunch. We had the lobster bisque soup and it was over the top I have yet to have one that good any where else. My husband had the tortilla soup which he has every where and with all of the comparisons all through out mexico he said it was the "best" he tasted. Then I had a salad with mango and blue cheese Yes blue cheese in mexico and it was fantastic. We decided to finish with a dessert and to our surprise was the best piece of cake we have ever had and I know that this is all sounding repetetive but we have travelled mexico for 20 years and we tend to like to step out of the tourist zones to dine and this was over the top. Who knew this had been here for 4 years as long as we have been visiting and we have never made it there. Please do yourself a favor and hit it up you will not regret it ....oh yeah minor detail IT IS OCEAN FRONT. AAAHHHH.

1  Thank stylin1
LaPanzaesPrimero, Director de Relaciones Públicas at La Panza es Primero, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Very fresh seafood. Prepared and seasoned perfectly. Cold beer and great margaritas. Great view, right on the beach. We were staying at Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita just north of Pto Morelos and our pool waiter recommended this place. He did not steer us wrong. We thoroughly enjoyed everything about this restaurant.

1  Thank yayho

Reviewed August 21, 2012

It took forever to find the name of this place so my review is looooooong overdue. We had booked a snorkleing trip and this was our destination for lunch. My daughter has a severe fish allergy and before we left on our trip the manager explained that we would be have a buffet meal when we returned. After his speech I pulled him aside and explained my situation and asked if they had something that they could prepare for for so that it would not come into contact with any fish. He said no problem and sent us on our way. After the tour we went up to the restaurant and and he immediately approached me and said they did not prepare ANY fish so my daughter was free to have whatever she wanted! I was completely astounded AND the food was fantastic! We are planning a return trip and will definately go again... for the food and the wonderful service!

1  Thank hakomama

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Great food, nice location on the beach so you can smell the seabreeze while eating. Really fin with the luchador details so gives the kids something to do while waiting for the food.

1  Thank Monica F

Reviewed July 10, 2012

visited this restaurant during our stay at puerto morelos, the food was delish! our waiter was great, friendly and sincere (not fake nice for tips). loved the theme of the restaurant. our table had a great view, This restaurant is a must when in puerto morelos!

1  Thank Mireyita1981