“Absolutely FABULOUS!”
Review of Diving Dog Tours

Diving Dog Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Diving Dog Tours provides a unique Fishing or Snorkeling experience in a tranquil atmosphere - aboard well- equipped boats , where you are not treated as one of many, but as an individual. We are 15 minutes from the Cancun airport.
Colorado Springs
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Absolutely FABULOUS!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I contacted Diving Dogs based on reviews I found here on TripAdvisor (and well, I love dogs so there ya go), and boy am I glad I did. Four of us were booked into the Iberostar Paraiso resort and we knew that we wanted to do a couple of different snorkel trips. The first we did was with the on-resort company, Dressel Divers. It was okay, but was marred by idiots who didn't understand the concept of not kicking the coral with their fins and one of them even grabbed a conch shell and took it with him. The guides on the boat were aware of this and did nothing to stop him.
Then two days later we had our reservations with Diving Dogs. We had to take a taxi into Puerto Morelos, which cost about 250 pesos (about 20 US.) We were met at the taxi drop off site by one of the DD employees, who then led us down to the dock. Then the guide came and made sure we all had our equipment and gave us the floatation belts we unfortunately had to wear because it is a National Reef Park we were going to.
It is a small boat, so there were only 8 of us on it, (which is so much better than many companies that pack 30+ people on and in my opinion this really ruins the whole experience of snorkeling). The ladder to get back into the boat was easy to navigate, and the crew was very helpful in making sure everyone got back on board safely.
We were taken to two different sites, the first was amazing... the second, all the way out at the reef break, was mind blowing. Keep in mind all four of us were seasoned snorkelers and have even been on a few dives, but this reef was just amazing. Coral upon coral upon coral. And both guides were very knowledgable about all of the creatures living in this paradise.

When our time was up, the crew dropped the other people off at their resort's beach (because it was close) and headed back to the dock with us. We had decided we wanted to do a little shopping, so declined their offer to get us a cab. We spent about an hour in town and just as we were getting ready to think about heading back to the resort, here comes Martine, the fabulous guide, and he calls us a taxi and waits there with us until it arrives.

So, in review... Diving Dogs ROCKS! Their costumer service is outstanding, and they really know the reef and the denizens with which they work. I would HIGHLY recommend booking with them.

5 Thank Rabbit99

Manitou Springs, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best snorkeling trip!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We just got back from a week on the Mayan Riviera with some friends. One of the friends was the one who set up our trip, so she'd have to attest to the ease of booking aspect though I think she said it was a cinch. we took a 15 or 20 minute taxi ride from our resort (Iberostar) to get to Puerto Morelos.

During our week in Mexico, we did 3 snorkeling trips aside from snorkeling on the resort beach. On a previous trip we snorkeled in Cozumel, but we were lumped in with a bunch of scuba divers and so it was like us snorkelers were an afterthought. The Cozumel reef we swam over was nice but deeper...so you couldn't get up close to the coral or fish, and I really didn't see much.

One of the other trips we did this time was through the resort we were at. it was nice, but the guide sort of "salted" the water by crumbling up a biscuit to attract the fish. I enjoyed it anyhow. And Xel-ha is always a favorite, the fish just get so huge in there--but no real coral due to the mixed water. So that's my spiel on the OTHER snorkel trips.

All this to say; Diving Dogs was by far the best of all that we've done in Mexico. Martine and Roger were our guides and so good-humored and knowledgeable. The reef was shallow and the coral was fantastic. There was a huge variety of fish and I really appreciated seeing everything in this totally natural habitat...without the aid of biscuits or theme park. The guides set a good pace and pointed out the most interesting things. we also got the longest snorkel time at two different sites with different flora and fauna, compared to the other places we went.

This was the best snorkeling we've done, regardless of price, but the price (even if I factor in our taxi ride down and the tip we gave the guides) beat out everything else we did as well. I also appreciated Puerto Morelos. To be sure, the stores on the plaza are aimed at tourists like ourselves, and on the flip side I can say I really love the pampering we get at our resort...but I really like the toned-down, laid-back attitude of a small seaside village.

Next time we are in the area, I am going to make a point of another Diving Dogs snorkel trip!! I highly recommend them!

1 Thank KBlikestogoplaces
California
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“out of business?”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've been trying to book a snorkeling trip with Diving Dog. But their phone number seems to be disconnected and the inquiry form on their website does not seem to work. Are they out of business?

2 Thank BillStickers_7
Dallas, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Easy to Plan and Book”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I booked a snorkel tour via email prior to the vacation. They boat picked us up on the beach as planned and my boyfriend and I got a private snorkel tour at two different locations on the coral reef. The tour included all equiptment and a bottle of water. The guides spoke english and pointed out different fish and sea life. We had a great time and would book with Diving Dogs again.

Visited August 2012
Phoenix
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Diving Dog is Safe entertaining Fun”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Called Kathy Loretto to set up Snoreling at Puerto Morelos. We had tough time connecting by phone. She was able to send me an e mail and from there a problem free reservation for snorkeling for my wife and me. Kathy met us on the morning of our snorkeling trip at the main dock with complementary gear with our price of $30.00 for a couple of hours on and in the water. Her expert team of Erik and Martin saw to it that we were well treated, saw great variety of reef fish and turtles. We felt like our safety was always a high priority and we shared the boat with only one other small family. Erik let us spread out a bit so that each group had plenty of space and we felt we had the reef almost to our selfs.
I recommend sun screen before you arrive if you choose to use. This reef is a National Park and sun screen is not allowed while at the sight. 2 hours is a long time to be out there w/o some kind of sun screen for us gringos! So take action before you are on the boat.
When we go back to this area we will with out doubt use Kathy and The Diving Dog again!

Visited July 2012