“Guacamole with view”

Las Palmeras
Ranked #35 of 145 Restaurants in Puerto Morelos
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Right on the beach with a great view. Beer was cold. Food was great. Loved the guac and the nachos. Service was great.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

When we visited Puerto Morelos, we already had plans for where we wished to eat based on our visit two years ago. However, when we arrived, the original plan had to be scrapped as the restaurant was closed. After wandering about town for a short while, we happened upon Las Palermas.

The view - spectacular. This is an open air restaurant that is situated right on the ocean. Could not be better.

The service - great. The waiter was very attentive and polite. He did speak very good English, even though I do not expect this (I can muddle my way through ordering).

The food - First, the margaritas were phenomenal. I consider myself a fanatic when it comes to this, and I know good ones when I find them. Also, they were very strong. The food was better than I expected. I had the chicken fajitas , which had a very fresh flavor, and was a tremendous portion for the cost (I believe it was like $7-8 US). My wife had a lobster creme soup, which she totally loved. She is very picky about seafood that tastes "fishy", and she said that the lobster in the soup was very fresh. As can be expected, the meal also included chips and salsa. The salsa was a basic pico de gallo, and was not spicy. However, on request, I was furnished a nicely spicy habanero salsa. Loved it!

All and all I say I will definitely return here when we are in the area again. The downtown area is a short ride from many of the area resorts to the north and south and will cost you about $10-15 US. Be advised, this establishment does not accept credit cards, but does take US currency.

1  Thank Greg871
Reviewed March 7, 2013

What friendly service! We ordered fajitas and they were delicious. The hand-made margaritas we so good we each had three.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband ordered the filete Veracruz and he said it tasted "frozen"...kinda crazy I know but I had to believe him (I'm not a huge fish person). He said the sauce that came w/ it was just OK also. My chicken quesadillas were very plain. Just tons of cheese and little chicken. Kinda like something I could've made myself at home. Good chips and guacamole. Great service. The restaurant has a good beach view but very simple decor, not very cozy or romantic.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We eat here a couple of times during our v.k. to P.M. Try the fresh fish and you won't be disappointed. Ask for Abundio our waiter. He is very attentive and very knowledgeable about the "best offerings" on any given day.