“Natural Jungle” 5 of 5 bubbles

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
“Natural Jungle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

Me and my girlfriend had a great experience. It was rugged and raw and didn't feel like tourists. The location was natural and pleasant. The cenote we were taken to wasn't the biggest or best but nevertheless it was a cenote.

Wear shoes you don't mind ruining and don't be surprised if the helmets they lend you are smelly. They smell a bit moldy. I would have also much preferred a taco over a hamburger for lunch. The burger was not the best.

Me and my girlfriend would do this excursion again and definitely recommend it over other ATV zip line packages.

Visited August 2014

• Finnish first
pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Well worth it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

This was my first time ever doing an excursion on a vacation and boy was I glad I went with this tour. The zip lining portion was AMAZING! It was 11 of us that went on this tour and we had an great time. We also did the ATV and Cenote portion in this park. You do get a free lunch which is only a burger and drinks but what more do you need??? You won't regret it.

Visited August 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 190 helpful votes
“A Blast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Booked thru a vendor at resort for $80USD per pax as driver, $70 for passenger. Total 10 of us incl 4 teenagers 14-16 YO.
Our two options were XPlor and Gorilax. So we went with the cheapest, shortest time (more time at the resort) and heights (XPlor has higher platforms for zip lines).
Did the excursion 3 Jul 14, which was a down pour at PDC/resort but we had beautiful weather at Gorilax (west of Puerto Morelos).
Picked up at 10AM(pouring rain) and rtn 3:30PM in time for the sun to appear.
Johnathon was the main guide/photographer who gave the safety brief.
10x zip lines-great if you have never done zip lines or reservation or fear of heights.
ATV-great if you have never done ATV or just a short 20-25 mins drive thru jungle on dusty trails.
Cold beer/water were served post ride at the little bar.
Cenote-refreshing swim after a dusty ride. Lunch were served (hamburgers).
I have a background in mountaineering so safety is my concerns on the zip lines.
My observations:
Not all guides wore helmet(do as I say but not as I do).
Some safety lines(sewn slings) are frayed, mentioned to one of the guide, "no problem" was the response.
Some wooden stairs to the platforms are not in good shape, they also have metal spiral stairs. You are also clipped to a safety rail as you climb those stairs.
10 brand new ATVs.
Hamburgers may be fast and easy to prepare but I would prefer something more authentic.
We were told no camera during zip lining/ATV because of safety. I understand you need both hands to ride the lines or ATV. Johnathon offer his service as the cameraman, the asking price for his CD was 1800 pesos.
You have changed for the better based on previous/old comments which is a good sign, all the best.
Overall we had a great time, great staff.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank GalavantingJeff
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun Times at Gorilla X”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Went there for a halfday, booked through a booth outside the Viva Maya hotel in Playacar.

We were two adults and two girls of 12 and 13, everyone loved the experience. 10 Ziplines, a long and challenging ATV ride very much enjoyed and a swim in the Cenote with a nice zipline to jump in the water.

Only comment is that mexican food would be preferred over a hamburger.

The team was great, had me taste a chile from a bush on the ATV trail and were very friendly with us.

Highlyrecommended.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank jetsetdad
Naperville
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“One with nature!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Four friends spent the 1/2 day in this jungle adventure park. Had a blast! The only thing that wasn't amazing was the lunch - hamburgers. Would have loved tacos, grilled fish, or something authentic more. But still was something we'll do again next time. Highly recommend for adventuresome people willing to get muddy!

Visited June 2014