We loved Casitas Kinsol, and highly recommend it to anyone wanting to experience the Yucatan through locals and staying true to the Mexican ways.
My partner and I had 4 nights in the Yucatan before starting an Intrepid 22 day tour.
Since we were sure to visit the touristic places with our organised tour, we wanted something that is a little off the beaten track.
After extensive research of many accomodation destinations all across the Yucatan, this property seemed to stand out. Not only was the property that stood out, from the minute we started emailing Alain and Christine, the responses we received were very prompt, thoughtful and extremely informative. Prior to leaving home Alain and Christine sent us a "Must do / Must eat" list and a google map link with all restaurants and places marked on it. This information not only made our stay extremely enjoyable but we could also use this knowledge whilst visiting other areas on the tour. I found this information priceless as many of the places listed was not even on tripadvisor. We were able to eat cheaply at local prices along eating delicious non-touristic meals with all the locals which frequent these restaurants/Taquerias.
The rooms in Casitas Kinsol are surrounded by beautiful garden landscaping and leads out to the common area (Christines Kitchen and the table where Alain sits). Every day we would walk past the beautifully decorated common area to have a chat to Alain and hear about the many interesting stories and receive many useful tips. There are three dogs on the property, all beautiful natured even though one of the dogs will greet you with a bark just for the first time.
We had room 3 and was very happy with the cosy and charming room. It is not "luxury" but the price for the room is also no where near the accomodation you would pay for in the hotel strip.
There are mosquitos on the property however did not have a problem with it in our rooms. It's a little difficult to stay away from mosquitos anywhere you are in this part of Mexico anyway so just use a repellant or wear a long dress/pants.
We felt that our choice to come to Casitas Kinsol straight out of the airport with a rent-a-car was an excellent decision as Puerto Morelos was only a short half an hour drive from the airport and the following days we could visit various cenotes, the botanic garden, crococun zoo easily with our car.
I can't thank enough how helpful Alain and Christine has been. You guys really made the start of our trip memorable, tasty and fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casitas Kinsol is a Guest House with 8 rooms for rent in Puerto Morelos, on the Mayan Riviera, 25 minutes South of the airport international of Cancun and 4 blocks from the main bus stop in town. It resides in the heart of the “Colonia” of Puerto Morelos conveniently located between Cancun and Playa del Carmen and only 2.5 miles to the beach. Surrounded by many eateries, grocery stands and stores, it offers 8 romantic rooms and bungalows: 4 with kitchenettes and 4 without. All the rooms have basic amenities at low prices for double occupancy. The rooms come with private baths, hot showers, air fans and a unique décor designed by the owners. Most of them come with WI-FI. Room #1:The Master Room is (as well as the room 8) an authentic Mayan hut where Mayan people used to leave until the early 1990's. It has been converted to a large room with its private bathroom. The thatched roof was replaced by a stucco one with two skylights. Two small windows were added to bring some more light to the room. It has cement floor and tiles in the large bathroom. It is a very large standalone, ground floor, hut style bungalow, complete with a full-size (double) bed and one twin-size (single) bed, so it will accommodate 3 persons. Private bathroom and kitchenette. It offers a refrigerator and two burner stove-top but no ovens or microwave. No microwave or standard ovens, no dishwasher either. This room has a front door allowing you to exit onto the boulevard without having to go through the grounds but also a backdoor giving you access to the gardens and relaxation areas as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Casitas Kinsol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casitas Kinsol Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Casitas Kinsol Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos