$250
$155
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $190/night.

Now Jade Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
$250
$167
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $188/night.

$222
$161
$285
$210
$406
$155
$342
Excellence Resorts
Grand Residences Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
$381
$229
$464
$255
HotelsClick
$478
$429
7,289 results
All reviewsworld cafeplunge poolpreferred clubseaside grillel patioswim up barkids clubfrench restaurantexplorers clubcoco cafeoceana restaurantocean viewpaellawedding coordinatorfamily vacationdestination weddingmaster suite
Reviewed October 22, 2010

My one week vacation at DRCR was honestly the most relaxed & pampered experience I've ever had. Everything was new & exceptionally clean. The resort was more beautiful & luxurious than in the pictures. We were greeted with glasses of wine & promptly checked in. Our package included hotel vouchers for spa, dinner, wine, etc. which came in handy. Beds were firm and comfortable, showers stalls were large and could accommodate someone in a wheelchair easily. A retractable wire in the shower to dry your wet laundry was a nice touch. The toilet was in a separate stall & included a phone! A scrumptiously scented SPF 15 sunscreen for guests was very thoughtful. Internet in your room was available for a daily fee. We had a balcony with a wonderful partial ocean view. They delivered a daily newsletter called the Sundial, highlighting different activities & special drinks of the day. Had a blast doing yoga, aquaerobics & tequila tasting. The cocktails were to die for & tried almost all of them. You have to try the donkey sperm at the Manatees (swim up) bar. The infinity pool was our fave hangout overlooking the most picturesque scenery. We never had a problem finding a lounger by the pools as there were plenty. Lots of room on the beach too but found the sand to be sparse & pebbly but clean; no seaweed. The floating climbing wall was out of order for most of the trip. We tried all the restaurants and depending on what you ordered, it could be hit or miss. Overall I must say the quality of food was very good to excellent. Reservations recommended ahead esp for Bordeaux (French) and Portofino (Italian) & no limits per stay. World Cafe buffet was excellent... something for everyone! Somedays they would have a grill by the pool & and it was SO yummy! Plenty of eating venues so we never got bored of the food. I loved how the staff all smiled & greeted you with a friendly "Hola." Tipping not required since it's all inclusive but really, the staff were the kindest, hardest working people & a few dollars here & there were worth it. Freddy & Rod (the Facebook Ambassador) were fantastic. The resort was kid friendly but also great for couples as it was not overrun by tons of screaming children. The Pevonia Spa... an absolute must!!! OMG, best massages in private huts & those jets in the pool before & after your treatment chased all your worries & achy muscles away!
Bring mosquito repellant. You'll need it sometimes at night & definitely if you visit the ruins (hand sanitizer also.) We purchased a Sunquest combined day trip to Xel-Ha (eco park) & Tulum ruins and wished we did them separately. There was so much to see & do in Xel-Ha that we ran out of time and maybe saw 1/4 of it. You could easily spend a day there plus it's all inclusive with food & drinks. Do your snorkeling at the walking bridge... so much more to see there! They say it's a 1/2 ride there but that's not including all the bus stops they make to pick up people (and drop off on the return trip) from all the other resorts. The Tulum ruins has an absolutely stunning beach there so bring beach gear with you. The larger Chitchenitza ruins are a 5 hour ride each way.
Playa del Carmen was nice to visit for shopping (quite repetitive with souvenir shops though) and Mexican restaurants. Le Best sold liquor that you could try before you buy. Needless to say, we got a buzz on & bought several. Great marketing strategy! Lluvia de Estrellas coffee flavored tequila is yummy! The beach was much nicer but also more crowded.
There is a little alligator zoo at the entrance to the resort that is a must see too. Doesn't look like much on the outside but amazing once inside. On our last night the resort held a mexican party for all the guests. There was a huge buffet of mexican food and entertainment. It was so depressing to leave DRCR. I loved every minute of it & highly recommend it to anyone looking for quality, fun & relaxation... stuff DREAMS are definitely made of!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank leilaney
Reviewed October 21, 2010

My husband, 2 boys (9 and 11), and I visited Dreams Riviera Cancun from 10/6 to 10/13. It was an amazing trip!

check in: Very quick. We recieved our welcome drinks and keys within minutes.

Room: 1120 plunge pool (not preferred) It had the most perfect location. It was in the 1000 building directly opposite the jacuzzi. The pool was great. We enjoyed it every afternoon. It was quite entertaining to listen to the adults in the jacuzzi after a day of drinking! Not family friendly, but entertaining! LOL The room itself was very clean. It doesn't have a lot of storage so we used the loveseat as a dresser....not very attractive but functional. The doors to the toilet and shower are frosted so I didn't see any privacy issues there. there is a mirror on the wall near the beds. So when you step out of the shower, those by the beds have a view. My boys probably saw more than they ever wanted to! The housekeeping was great.

Room Service: My boys ordered room service 2x a day! They thought it was a real treat. We always tipped 2.00 for each trip. It was brought to the room very promptly and the dirty dishes were picked up very quickly!!!

Grounds: Beautiful and well maintained. Floors are slick, but they are in all of the resorts we have been to.

Explorers Club: My boys are getting older so some of the activities did not appeal to them. They are also very strict with the schedule. You may not play video games or climb on the pyramid if it is not the designated time. They wanted more free play. It is very secure and the girls working it were great.

Food: Fantastic. The paella by the pool is great, but get there quick...it goes fast! Breakfast is your standard buffet. I am not much of a breakfast eater. Lunch can be obtained at the buffet, restaurant by the pool/beach, or walk up to the grill for a burger or hotdog. The restaurant at lunch had great apps (calamari, seared tuna, cerviche, crab won-tons) and delicious shrimp and fish tacos. Dinner was great as well. Our favorite was Portofino, followed by El Patio and then Himatsu. My dinner at the Asian was way too spicy, but the apps and sushi were great. My only complaint: No flaming coffee!

Beach: Beautiful powdery sand that felt like silk on your toes. You can walk for miles which is nice. We did take the walk to Puerto Morelos one morning and it was great. We did a little shopping and then took a taxi back (90 pesos). The water does have sea grass, but wasn't a problem. There were white flags out...meaning jellyfish...we ignored them and withing 5 minutes my son was stung. Please listen to the warnings!!!

Pools: Very nice but didn't use them much

Activities: I played bingo one afternoon. At night there was a Mexican fiesta night, carribean night and casino night. They allow the kids to do casino night. My boys ran the texas hold em table and my 9yo won a spa gift certificate...It was very funny! We also loved Monday night football outside and the JETS won!

Bars: The swingbar was great. I felt like I was in Playa del carmen. The lobby bar was also very nice in the evening. They had live music which was great. Christina in the lobby bar is the nicest person. She helped us with our spanish and we helped her with her English. Everyone was friendly and willing to help you.

Service: Superb! Everyone...front desk, housekeeping, wait staff...Everyone!!! Make sure to order shrimp cocktail on the beach...Yummy!
One funny line from a waiter at the buffet..."hola my name is Iran if you like the service. It is pablo is you don't". He was great!!! Try out your Spanish...they really appreciate it. We always gave them our room number and spelled our last name at the restaurants in Spanish and the people really got a chuckle out of it!

Tips: We tipped about $30 a day on average. No one ever made us feel like we had to. We wanted to because they work so hard. My son celebrated his 11th birthday there. They delivered a cake to the room, decorated the room with balloons,put a banner on the door...all while we were at dinner. At the buffet (his restaurant choice), they made him a personalized dessert and made a balloon gun for him! Super sweet!!!!

The only thing I would mention is that there are alot of weddings...several per day. Many people there are with a large group. As with any larger groups they can get a little loud. I am not complaining...I know my family would be the same way...but it is something to mention.

This was our 5th trip to the area and while I have stayed at other places that I would highly recommend, I wouldn't necessarily return myself. I always love to try somewhere new. My husband and I are already talking about returning here, but without the kiddos!
I truly hope that if you go to this resort that you will enjoy as much as we did!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
8  Thank shoney
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I researched where to go for about 8 hours total. Was closed to pulling the trigger on a couple others in the area but decided on DRC. This place was much more than expected! The food was the best i have ever had and I have been to plenty of 4-5 star restaurants here where I live. The service was great, people were nice and the grounds were very clean and meticulously detailed.. I would recommend this resort to anyone.

. ** I also walked next door to Excellence and noticed that Dreams was so much nicer and newer( 1 year old) than Excellence.. Excellence was ok looking but I did not get the WOW factor as I did at dreams.

PS - When you arrive at the airport just keep walking past all the people there trying to waste your time. They will say "Oh yes your ride is here" but it is just someone trying to offer you a breakfast at another resort or they will try to sell you an excursion.. This will probably also happen to you when you get to dreams with the guys to confirm your departure..

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank babington35
Reviewed October 14, 2010

WOW, WOW! You always wonder if a place will be as good the second or third time around. This place just gets better and better. This was my third trip to Dreams Riviera Cancun in the past year. We were treated like QUEENS. I have come to know many of the staff and consider them family. Any resort can be beautiful, and this resort is all that and more. Few resorts have a spirit and this one does because of its staff. They will go out of their way to do anything for you. To have this level of service at an All Inclusive is not typical. When you talk to the staff, they are so happy to be there and it shows. The food and drink are amazing for an AI. I have never been to an AI that will make mojitos for me. I think I used up all there mint, so they made another great drink without the mint and had mint for me the next day. You name it and they probably have it. I am craving the crab wontons and civeche I ate every day for lunch. I am already planning a 4th trip as I can't get enough of this place. I am disappointed when I go anywhere else. The details at DRC give such a tropical feel. The lobby is one of the most beautiful I have seen anywhere. What a great place to relax with a drink at any time in the day or night. All I can say is hop on a plane and check this place out. I hope you love it as much as I do. Be sure to give big hugs to the amazing staff for me and tip them well. They work very hard and deserve every extra cent! We love Carlos, Caesar, Raul, Manuel, Eliu, Myrna, Gustavo and Luis to name a few.......miss you all and others too. See you again soon so we can dance into the wee hours again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank baltimorebeachbum
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We stayed at this resort for 2 weeks with our children (3 & 5). We have done Paridisus in Costa Rica and Dominican but this was our best holiday yet.

Service was really really good and quality of food excellent. Breakfast buffet- fantastic- fresh juices and smoothies yummy! Be forwarned- some restaurants fill up quickly once they open for the evening so be there early or you may be given a pager and called after a table becomes available.

My favorite part of the resort was that we were close to everything. It only took a couple of minutes to walk to the beach, pool, restaurants, kids club, spa, gym. We stayed on the main level and had a room with a plunge pool. Fantastic! Rooms were a little small for us though- not much space to unpack or store clothing but very stylish- loved the bathrooms-

Kids club was geared more towards 4 years and up. Lots of fun activities for older kids. Movies/sleep outs on the beach, movie theatre by kids club, crafts, big climbing wall etc. Staff there were great! If you have a younger child and want to go to the 'adults only restaurant ' you may want to hire a babysitter for the evening. More than once we were just starting to eat and our kids club pager went off summoning us to pick up our kids. There never was an emergency though, it could have been as simple as ' when is my mom coming back' and then they would page us to pick up the kids. So if you are looking for a nice evening out sans children- call the conceirge and hire a babysitter.

A short cab ride will take you to the 'Alligator Zoo'/ My son loved it- we went twice and he still talks about it all the time! Bring lots and lots of bug spray and wear long pants and shirts! You can get up close and touch the animals, be followed around by monkeys and pet little deer! Great photos were taken here....

Spa and gym are fabulous!

Pools- there are kids pools and adult pools- something for everyone. Nice bar with swings on the beach. Overall, we really had a relaxing and great time here. We went to an outdoor natural waterpark, golfed a lot , went fishing deep water and fly fishing. Cancun has a lot to offer, would definately recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family