$241
$154
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $203/night.

Now Jade Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
$242
$291
$154
$342
Excellence Resorts
Grand Residences Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
$380
$227
$480
$291
7,263 results
All reviewsworld cafeplunge poolpreferred clubseaside grillel patioswim up barkids clubfrench restaurantexplorers clubcoco cafeoceana restaurantocean viewpaellawedding coordinatorfamily vacationdestination weddingmaster suite
Reviewed September 30, 2010

My husband and I started planning our destination wedding in September of 2009 - we attempted to choose a resort on our own but were completely overwhelmed. That's when we enlisted the help of Heather with Berman Travel. Heather was instrumental in helping us make a decision and in the end, we made the right decision when we chose Dreams Riviera Cancun. Heather was able to give us the inside scoop on the various resorts and determine that Dreams was the best choice for us. From then, she assisted us in contacting the wedding coordinator and getting our guests booked. Heather did an amazing job - I think of a handful of times where I'd send her an email at 9pm stressing out about something and within 10 minutes I had a response from her - amazing! Each guest received a great booklet with all the information they'd need for transportation and checking in - I was so comforted knowing that my guests had everything they needed to make their travel smooth. Heather took such good care of all of our guests and once arriving at Dreams I understood again the value of working with Heather and Berman Travel. First of all, all of my guests received very favorable rates from Heather and once they checked in - received upgrades. A great bonus. For any future brides, if you're wondering if working with a travel agent is worth it - I would tell you - ABSOLUTELY and you should be calling Berman Travel - they know what they're doing and they'll make your life so much easier.

Dreams Riviera Cancun:
I cannot thank the staff at Dreams Riviera Cancun enough - I had the most amazing wedding week, everything was perfect. My husband and I as well as many of our guests were at the resort from Sunday September 12th to the 19th. The rest of our guests came in on Wednesday or Thursday.
Check in: As I mentioned earlier, our guests who booked with Heather at Berman Travel all received upgrades to their rooms. None of our guests had issues at check in and all but 3 were able to check in much earlier then the 3pm stated time. Even the three that didn't get to check in were able to check in after lunch.
Rooms: The rooms are beautiful and clean. My husband and I stayed in the Honeymoon suite, we had a wonderful view and I noticed that they had put up privacy walls between the balconies of the three suites so we never once saw our neighbors. This is new from when I visited in May for a site visit.
Food: The food at all of the restaurants was amazing. We ate at the buffet pretty much every morning for breakfast and seaside and oceana for lunch - which have fantastic lunch menus. We had our Welcome Dinner at El Patio, we had a set plated menu, and the food was amazing.
Wedding: I started planning the wedding in September of 2009. At the time I was communicating with Ana who was the wedding coordinator. During the first week of August I received an email saying that Ana was no longer working at the resort and Gaby was my new contact. I admit I was nervous - but after a few emails with Gaby I realized that she knew what she was doing and everything would be fine. Gaby is totally on top of it. 2 weeks before the wedding we emailed about decorations, flowers and any extras which meant when we actually got to Mexico we didn't have to spend a ton of time in her office and could enjoy our day with our guests. I really appreciated that. We met with Gaby for about 45 minutes, walking through the contract and extras and then doing a walk through of our location to discuss set up. We did a legal ceremony so we scheduled our blood test at that time. I dropped off a load of extra decor: guest book, favors, programs, fans and maracas. Gaby wasn't in the office at the time so I left a note telling her to call if she needed any instruction, she didn't. When I got to the reception, I saw that she had set everything out beautifully. The day of the wedding, I used the spa for myself and my bridal party to get our hair done. The ladies in the spa did a great job, they were fast and the hair came out exactly how we wanted. I encourage you to bring pictures of what you want,, it will be easier than trying to explain.
The wedding day went incredibly smoothly thanks to Gaby. My flowers were in my room when I got back from the Spa - I was floored, they were EXACTLY what I had asked for and absolutely beautiful. The ceremony went well, the reception was beautiful. The food was amazing and the service was even better. Our glasses were never empty and my husband and I were asked several times if we needed anything else. Gaby took such good care of us and we can't thank her enough for all her hard work. She made our day perfect and the staff at Dreams made our whole week special.
If I had it to do over again, I'd do it all the same starting with Heather at Berman travel and choosing Dreams Riviera Cancun.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lilly129
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I stayed with my husband both in our mid 30's. This resort is absolutely amazing. The FOOD was absolutely delicious, no complains at alll, The infinity pool simply amazing and total relaxation its like sitting on a cloud. The employees are so nice and go above and beyond for you. MY favorite worker? GUSTAVO (bell boy) he's really really great, anything you need, call him... SPA? AMAZING, TO DIE FOR
.NOW ON TO THE FLIP SIDE.....The DRINKS on the other hand? Water down, the worse ever. I was drinking 1800 on the rocks and no buzz, which leads me to believe that its really NOT 1800 in that bottle. Ugghhh. ENTERTAINMENT? well there really isnt any, at alllll. We watched Avatar pool side one night smoked a cigar and that was our night. if your looking for night life? not happening at this resort. You can take a 20 min cab ride for $26 bucks ONE WAY downtown to the Cancun "nightlife"
OVERALL if you want to relax and dont mind the water down drinks, this is the place for u.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2010

My family of 4 (kids 6 and 10) stayed 5 nights at DRC mid September. This was our 3rd time to the Riviera Maya in a year, 1st time bringing the kids. We stayed at Excellence Riviera Cancun Oct 2009 (right next door) and then The Royal Hideaway last Feb in Playa del Carmen. We recommend both of those resorts, with ERC being my favorite, but this time we had to bring the kiddo’s!

We booked through the hotel website. From what I researched online; and through a travel agent, going directly through the hotel website saved us money. We decided to book 2 rooms, one king with joining 2 double bed, ocean view preferred club. I was a little nervous that the resort would be unable to accommodate the joining room “request” but it was no issue since it was the 3rd week of September and resort was about 50% occupied. We did have to arrange our own transportation, and we used Cancun Transfers.com. Very pleased with them, they were waiting for us right as we exited the airport with my name on a sign and a nice new Expedition with a cooler of cold water, soda’s and beers. We booked them round trip, private car for 4 ppl $92. When it was time to leave, they were waiting for us in the lobby and again, had a comfortable private van. Cancun customs all 3 times this year has been a complete breeze and we always make a quick beeline to the front door of the airport to avoid timeshares etc.

Resort- 1st impression walking into the lobby is that it really is breathtaking! A porter met us to get our luggage and one of the desk attendants walked us to the Excellence club for check-in. As we were walking (in awe) through the lobby down to the EC it dawned on me that we didn’t get our welcome drinks “oh well” that was pretty much my attitude the whole week, not everything is perfect here, but I really try not to sweat the small stuff on vacation! We really didn’t use the EC, I just like a great ocean view when I travel to the Seaside! The rooms are gorgeous, so glad we had the extra room and extra space=can’t imagine having more than 3 ppl in a room-would seem very tight and not much storage space. Perfect for 2 ppl. Housekeeping was brilliant, rooms were made up/turned down in a timely manner. Bed very comfortable and the room was very COOL temperature wise, don’t think I have ever traveled to the tropics and had a cold room-loved it! Wish they would offer more snacks than just peanut M&M’s and pringals every day, all week! We had one of the dreaded door stops in front of one of the closets that became comical all week. Inevitably; as much as we tried to avoid it, everyone in my family was limping by the end of the week because we hit our foot/toes on that durn thing so many times!

Spa-Liked the Spa, sadly didn’t love. The Spa at the ERC is my favorite hands down. Beautiful space, but pools really COLD and hot tub really HOT. I arrived at the hydro area an hour before my appointment, but only was able to use area for about 10 min. Oh well! I had a Hot Stone message. It was just ok, I have done this a lot, and probably my least favorite one. Also, the message huts are right next to all the hydro circuits, and a group was having a ball out there and I could hear everything, so I wasn’t too relaxed.

Restaurants-were really hit or miss for us, Seaside Grill is great for lunch and the Buffet has everything imaginable, we ate there every morning. Staff there is wonderful, especially the hostess and host were a welcome sight every morning. All the made to order items were great (my daughter LOVED the nutella crepes made to order) Husband liked omelettes etc. I usually just do fruit, yogurt and pastries so I was happy. Daughter #2 is a pancake, French toast, waffle kind of girl and they were cold every morning. I just don’t think they have the best system for keeping food hot. We went to all the restaurants and the French one was our favorite=the Filet was amazing followed by Italian second fav..the others not good for us, The Mexican restaurant is GORGEOUS the guac and salsa delish, but all our entrée’s were not even edible. I was pretty full at that point, so I was ok with it. I loved the ladies singing and our server was excellent, so it was still a great night. Japanese rest-again ppl just rave about it and I was really looking forward to it. My husband got in line at 4:15 for when they open at 5 to take reservations for the Habachi tables, and it was pretty disappointing. Seems like the chef was in a bad mood and didn’t want to be there-the food, better than Mexican night but just ok. The other guest at our table felt the same way. Again, it is just hit or miss!

Just a few other notables-Kids club-not many kids this time of year, my 6 year old LOVED it and LOVED Rosie and the other ladies there. My 10 year old didn’t want to go back after her first time. Not much for her to do and no other kids to play with. Pools were great, plenty of chairs but no floats in the pools? Also, I have read here that the pool area is very slick when it rains, and it is true. Be careful! Saw a few people fall and one lady pretty bad that she had a leg brace the next day. Drinks were all yummy, tried many-Planters Punch, Miami Vice, Pina Colada’s, Dirty Monkey’s all delicious. Some days the crowd can get rowdy at the swim up bar, but it didn’t bother us. I have read this a great deal here and never understood why people get so upset by some rowdies at the bar. There are plenty of places to go if that sort of thing bothers you. This is an all-inclusive resort that allows kids and has a swim-up bar located outside of Cancun-its not the Four Seasons !! Also, there were kids but not a ton and all well behaved! I can imagine if you are traveling during Summer, Holidays, Spring Break that kids all around will be a no-brainer!! If kids are a problem for you, I would travel here off-Season or go to one of the many all-adult resorts in the are.
The Ocean side bar with the swings for chairs was my favorite place, great bartenders, and overall the staff was great throughout the resort. Only one bartender, Victor had an attitude at the Swim-up bar. Too bad for him!

We went off property twice, once to snorkel and once to zipline and cenote swim. Walk down the beach between DRC and ERC and there is a great snorkeling operation that the boat picks you up right there!!! And it was only $20 pp. We had a fantastic guide and captain that were great with our kids and we saw Sea turtles, Sting Rays, Lobster and other wonderful marine life-highly recommend and we were only gone for 1.5 hours. Then we did Boca del Puma Zip-line park-the highlight of our trip! I wrote a separate review for that. Not much nightlife, but then again, we wake up early and the Sun drains us so we just have a drink at the lobby bar and turn in after that anyway!

All in all we had a great trip and the kids loved it. We usually just cruise and do Disney and Destin with them, but this has been by far their favorite trip. Again, was everything perfect? No-but we ended up having a great time anyway and would go back again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Memphisbelle70
Reviewed September 28, 2010

The usual staff response. "It is my pleasure". Very courteous, neat, clean, timely service, great food, tons more good things to say. I love the fact that you do not have to make dinner reservations, except for one place. All pamplets very clearly indicate the dress code. The only negatives relate to the alcohol. All the research before hand indicated that Crown Royal was readily available at ALL the resort bars. That is not true....it was like pulling teeth to get Crown Royal...they have it hidden. The other issue with the alcohol relates to frequently running out of beer, depending on which bartender you got, they may or may not be out of Bud products.
The spa was awesome, the pool was awesome, the sun was awesome, awesome, awesome, what else can I say!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2010

My husband, 16 year old daughter and I had a wonderful 6 night stay recently at Dreams Riviera Cancun. This was our second trip to a Dreams resort, the first being in 2008 in Tulum.

We had an ocean-view room that was gorgeous as well as luxurious. We loved the layout of the room, but to ensure more privacy with our daughter, we hung some pool towels over the frosted glass doors of the shower and toilet area that have been a concern for other guests traveling with older children.
The hotel is beautiful by day and especially at night when it is all lit up with gas torches by the sides of the buildings and small lights on the steps everywhere.

The restaurants were very good overall, with the French restaurant being our favorite, followed by the Italian and Japanese. No problem ever getting a seat, and for the Japanese, we made a reservation to sit at the hibachi table. Delicious and fun! The
breakfast buffet was my least favorite, but they did a better buffet at lunch especially with the chicken satay! The Mexican restaurant was beautiful inside but we did not enjoy the food as much as the others.

The activities team were fun, and my daughter and I enjoyed the aqua aerobics and cooking class. My husband and I enjoyed the evening entertainment in the lobby with a great singer named James McLean and a woman named Claudia on another night. Other nights we saw the Mexican show which was good and also a magic show.

The beach had the lovely white sand that this region is famous for, but unfortunately this stretch of beach has sea grass growing close to shore and that is why they have to remove it from the sand twice a day. It's also fairly rocky ( which usually attracts fish for snorkeling) but I was sorry to find out that the snorkeling was not good during the time that we were there. I love to snorkel everyday when I'm on a beach vacation, so this was my only disappointment with our vacation.

Overall, we love Dreams and we had a great time, but I would prefer a hotel where I can snorkel right off the beach.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family