Me and my partner went for a week in April. The best part was the wonderful SUNNY weather. There was not one bad day and coming from snow this was much appreciated. The food was not the best I have ever had at a resort but was great for families. Much of the selection was geared towards kids. The pool was nice but only one real happening spot kids and adults all mixed together and YES ONLY ONE SWIM up bar. This was strange to us but drinks were great so that was all good. The weddings were happening everyday and it was not PRIVATE but yet beautiful regardless. The seat situation was bad and we ended up having to get up at 6am to get spots just for 2 PEOPLE. Throughout the day you would commonly see guests arguing over saved spots etc…kinda ridiculous if you ask me. The WORST part was that the staff did come at around 3 and boot you out of areas to make room for the outside food buffet diners…but this was not done tactfully and was rude. The outdoor food thing was our LEAST favorite part of the entire stay becasue it was not the best selection and lots of stuff was outside in the heat for longer periods then we thought was safe. You also had to sit with a group of strangers so it was not private plus then the ONLY buffet rest. was closed and you were only able to eat at the a la cart rest…we did enjoy the rest. and never found it to be long waits but we were a small party. The Italian was awesome best Mussels ever. They also give you pagers which was great. The ROOM SERVICE was fantastic especially for breakfast as the small and again only buffet in the am was crowded and not mind blowing…A TIP is that you can custom order breakfast and enjoy in the privacy of your room after you got up at 5:30am to ensure that you would have a place to sit for the day lol. The evening entertainment looked good but honestly not a huge fan of any of resort entertainment so cannot really comment. We opted to rent MOVIES off of the television or borrow DVDs from the concerige. The tv selection was also very good better then other resorts. NO bar selection or lounges in the nightime except main lobby which was crowded and no seats and noisy definatly not a chill environment. The nightclub we never found so must have sucked. The spa looked wonderful never used any services this time but took a quick tour and it was the quietest place on the whole resort. TIP #2 do NOT book your cocktail reception after wedding at HOT TUB location very cheesy and not at all private…guys in speedos may be in the tub while your guests look down at them HONEST…id look into that because we sure thought it looked awkward. The beach was so-so nothing to rav about…better swimming then in Cabos but not fantastic for kids I would say. The activities were also always going on and geared for children which was great if you are into that and are traveling with wee babes. Wifi was so so but at least you did not have to pay for it like in other resorts so I would not complain about that. The rooms were the best very spacious and open but not private for toilet breaks…and our room was 2143 and we faced onto the main walkway so balcony was not private and when shows were going on by outside lobby it was loud but afterall you are on holidays so no complaining about noise I would think. Moderatly clean throughout resort but found HAIRS IN THE POOL several every single day :( and I was not liking that …never noticed that before any where else maybe cuz its only one main pool dunno but nasty. DRINKS ROCKED !! good booze and friendly servers. i WOULD GO BACK but with my kids otherwise NO WE would go adult only resorts. Wished that we would have stayed at the resort beside (secrets i think??) as it was for adults only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Dreams Riviera Cancun takes its personality from its incredible location — just 30 minutes from the "hot" excitement of Cancun yet right on the "cool" Caribbean close to Playa del Carmen and many other of the Mayan Riviera’s most sought after sights. Most importantly, it is an enchanting wonderland where families, couples, singles and friends enjoy all the pleasures and privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® where everything is included. Your whole being will relax immediately, surrounded by our large sun-dappled swimming pools and a sugar white sand beach. To this, add lush tropical gardens and of course, our fabulous palm-filled beach. Your day and evening activities range from exciting to purely relaxing — with plenty to do for everyone including endless land and water activities, a world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia and fitness center, nearby golf and much more. "Home" features the uniquely shaped octagonal room or suite, beautifully appointed with a private balcony, marble floors and full marble bath area with Jacuzzi tub and dozens of other luxury amenities and conveniences that anticipate your desires and fulfill them instantly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos