As with all vacation places, there are pros and cons. We stayed at the Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort for one week in January. There was a group of us attending a wedding. Loved the size of the resort and the layout. Loved the fact that you don't have to make reservations at the restaurants. If you have a large group, you can advise them and they give you a "blinker" that let's you know when your seating is available. You can walk back to the lobby and have a drink while waiting. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and was kept that way. The wedding was beautiful and went off without a hitch. One complaint was the room set up. Did not really like the fact that the bath tub was out in the open. Very little privacy with regard to the bath, shower and toilet. Also, I like to unpack when I arrive at a hotel. The closet space was adequate, but there wasn't a dresser (just three shelves in the closet) to unpack other items. We had to leave one suitcase unpacked. Another issue was that quite a few people attending the wedding had stomach issues. The only thing I noticed as a health issue, is the outside bars and the dirty glasses being cleaned for re-use. I watched the bartenders cleaning the glasses and I don't think the method was as sanitary as we are used to. That could be where we picked up a bug or something. We really enjoyed our week at this resort, other than the stomach issues. Be sure to take Immodium with you, just in case.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Dreams Riviera Cancun takes its personality from its incredible location — just 30 minutes from the "hot" excitement of Cancun yet right on the "cool" Caribbean close to Playa del Carmen and many other of the Mayan Riviera’s most sought after sights. Most importantly, it is an enchanting wonderland where families, couples, singles and friends enjoy all the pleasures and privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® where everything is included. Your whole being will relax immediately, surrounded by our large sun-dappled swimming pools and a sugar white sand beach. To this, add lush tropical gardens and of course, our fabulous palm-filled beach. Your day and evening activities range from exciting to purely relaxing — with plenty to do for everyone including endless land and water activities, a world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia and fitness center, nearby golf and much more. "Home" features the uniquely shaped octagonal room or suite, beautifully appointed with a private balcony, marble floors and full marble bath area with Jacuzzi tub and dozens of other luxury amenities and conveniences that anticipate your desires and fulfill them instantly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos