A wonderful location, with lots to do in terms of activities both at the hotel and in the area. Rooms are nice and meticulously maintained, but if you are planning a group wedding or get together a couple of caveats for you to consider. They appear to be a victim of their own success. They are so busy, that they have let some of the basics slip.
We were just there with a party of over 60 for a wedding. Beware of upcharges from the resort, or you will pay roughly double what you anticipated. Go over the contract line by line, item by item, make sure it is exactly what you want, any changes at the last minute or week will be very pricey. If you can get a wedding planner familiar with the property, that does not work for the hotel, you may have someone who actually can work for you, not against you!
The rooms and in particular the Master Honeymoon suite was very nice. Many of our party requested a king size bed and instead got two doubles they would push together and say it was a King suite, sure!
All in all they did a nice job, but are perhaps in need of a wake up call re food safety. 50% of your group will get sick like ours did. Where I am from if this happened, the health dept would shut down the eating places until the sources of contamination were found. And to them it is not contamination, their bodies are used to it, and they dont get sick, it is just for us, we are used to higher standards and perhaps different bugs. Their bugs are not bad, it is just that they are not not our bugs.
We did an all exclusive at a different chain in Puerto Vallarta, and no one got sick, BUT they had inspectors from the hotel running around in white jackets, testing food and temp, pool chlorine levels, etc., all the time. Dreams had none of this that we saw other than I did see someone taking water samples from the pool, once.
Beware of the juices, someone in our group suggested they were only flavour powder, sugar, a dash of natural juice and water. If you like sweet foods you will be in heaven.
Guests should have a great time like we did, just bring lots of tummy meds, and don't let them take you for a ride on the "Wedding or Group Package" budget or you will be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Dreams Riviera Cancun takes its personality from its incredible location — just 30 minutes from the "hot" excitement of Cancun yet right on the "cool" Caribbean close to Playa del Carmen and many other of the Mayan Riviera’s most sought after sights. Most importantly, it is an enchanting wonderland where families, couples, singles and friends enjoy all the pleasures and privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® where everything is included. Your whole being will relax immediately, surrounded by our large sun-dappled swimming pools and a sugar white sand beach. To this, add lush tropical gardens and of course, our fabulous palm-filled beach. Your day and evening activities range from exciting to purely relaxing — with plenty to do for everyone including endless land and water activities, a world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia and fitness center, nearby golf and much more. "Home" features the uniquely shaped octagonal room or suite, beautifully appointed with a private balcony, marble floors and full marble bath area with Jacuzzi tub and dozens of other luxury amenities and conveniences that anticipate your desires and fulfill them instantly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos