We went to dreams riviera cancun for 3 weeks which included my wedding which was on the beach. Myself my wife and my 3 children aged 2/7/10 booked 2garden view rooms and requested that these be adjoining rooms. On our arrival we were informed that we had been upgraded for free to the preferred club and was in the honeymoon room. Unfortunately we had to turn this down due to no adjoining room. The staff seemed genuinely disappointed that they couldn't give us the best room but then placed us in a ocean facing rooms with jacuzzi on the balcony. Big smiles all round so far! During our stay we went to both the beach and the 3 pools. The beach was just amazing, the water was clear and blue unless it was choppy but this is only natural as the sand gets pushed up. The sea weed as described in other reviews is actually sea grass and is Small blades of grass scattered around. This wasn't a problem for my family and we loved the beach. The staff from the beach bar are simple fantastic and hard working. A drink is given to you at you sun lounger about every 15 mins which is more that enough for any person. The sand is white and clean and the choice of sun beds is plenty. The pool area is great too. The 3 pools range from the activities pool with volleyball and a couple of basketball hoops a child's pool and a infinity pool with swim up bar. Around the pool is a pizza bar, a grill and also another drinks bar. These are all great. The swim up bar is good but does get busy with some people who are unable to cope with all inclusive drinks. Life guards are on hand and to be honest are quite strict (A good thing).
The restaurants are great. The world cafe is good for breakfast but not good for dinner. This isn't a problem as the other restaurants at the resort are very good. All the staff are very helpful and don't expect any tips. I would suggest that manors go a long way at this resort and a simple please and thank you work wonders. I was lucky enough to get married here which was at the end of my 2nd week. ELISA in the weddings team worked tirelessly to make sure it was everything we wanted its just a shame that our uk based weddings team at virgin were complete crap and that ELISA had to rectify there errors. The day was out of this world with us having a meal on the beach as the sun went down. One of my daughters had a ear infection in the 1st week. The doctor was great and provided all the relevant care instantly. Great service.
The rooms are very nice and the cleanliness of the whole resort is second to none.
The only problems that I had with this resort were the entertainment team around the pool can be very annoying. 1 guy was very pushy and rude. They appeared to think that everyone needed to get Up and dance with them and that they were providing a wonderful service. This was not the case. The entertainment at night would have been better but it's placement was a little off. The shows were on the main stairway to the huge reception area. This wasn't a good place for this and I felt it could be better placed maybe near the pool area.
My 2 girls went to the kids club whenever they wanted and loved it. You get given a buzzer when your children want picking up or if there are any problems. My 2 year of who is 3 in a couple of months wasn't allowed in as her wasn't 3 years old. This was a little harsh but at least they are sticking too the rules.
I would recommend this resort to everyone. You will not be disappointed and will feel looked after and valued as a guest here. If you are planning a wedding this is a great place to do it with many different options and locations around the resort. The wedding teams work so so hard and made our memorable day a stress free fantastic experience. Thanks to ELISA again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Dreams Riviera Cancun takes its personality from its incredible location — just 30 minutes from the "hot" excitement of Cancun yet right on the "cool" Caribbean close to Playa del Carmen and many other of the Mayan Riviera’s most sought after sights. Most importantly, it is an enchanting wonderland where families, couples, singles and friends enjoy all the pleasures and privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® where everything is included. Your whole being will relax immediately, surrounded by our large sun-dappled swimming pools and a sugar white sand beach. To this, add lush tropical gardens and of course, our fabulous palm-filled beach. Your day and evening activities range from exciting to purely relaxing — with plenty to do for everyone including endless land and water activities, a world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia and fitness center, nearby golf and much more. "Home" features the uniquely shaped octagonal room or suite, beautifully appointed with a private balcony, marble floors and full marble bath area with Jacuzzi tub and dozens of other luxury amenities and conveniences that anticipate your desires and fulfill them instantly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos