“Outstanding Service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bel Air, Maryland
“Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was our second stay at Dreams Riviera Cancun resort, having been there three years ago right after it opened. We enjoyed that so much we've been looking for a good deal so we could return. We remembered the food was excellent and while not quite as good as before it was still very fine. We had dinners at the Bordeaux and El Patio twice. The service throughout the resort was exceptional - from the bellboys and maids through the staff at every bar, restaurant and poolside. The hostesses were so good they would actually remember our room number and name! They enjoyed our attempts at Spanish. We received outstanding service everywhere we went. At the lobby bar, Faustino and Jose made sure we never had to wait for our drinks. Plus they were fun and entertaining. And during the day when we were poolside, Fidencio would show up with our "ususal" before we even settled into our chairs. Where else can you go and have someone bring over extra towels and make sure that you are comfortable at all times? When we would venture into the pool and visit the Manatees Bar, we received continuous and prompt attention from the staff there as well. Apolinar and Gabriel managed to run the place efficiently even when it seemed there were 20 - 30 people requiring service. If you visit this resort, be sure to look for these guys! We really enjoy getting to know the people at the resorts where we stay, and at Dreams Riviera that was an easy pleasure. The only caution we would provide is if you don't want to be around alot of children. There were tons of them here this time.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean-view. We stayed in the north wing on both trips and the room was great.
3 Thank Diane F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,624)
  • Polish first
Miamisburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Let me start by saying I am a little late on our review. We went to Dreams in October of 2012 after finding a killer deal from our travel agent. (Thanks Christine!) We have stayed at Dreams in Puerto Vallarta and liked it a lot so we gave Dreams Riviera a shot. Our room was very nice except that we shared our balcony with our neighbors. There was only a little fence waist high in between us, but hey, it was a mother with 2 very well behaved young men that my husband enjoyed talking to. Our view was great looking straight towards the ocean. The food here didn't seem as good as in Puerto Vallarta, but that could have been where we stayed last year. (Iberostar Grand Punta Cana) We did get the couples massage and loved it. The pool area back there was so nice with all of the jets, plunge pool, steam rooms, etc.
I did get some kind of bites on my legs, I believe were sand fleas. Wish I would have used some kind of repellant. Rooms were like the pictures they show you on line. I wish though that there would have been a table to sit and have dinner at. The table outside was a little small to dine at.
The ocean was beautiful, but yes there is a little bit of seaweed, but not that bad. I guess it depends on the tides. I loved walking the beach and it was fun to check other places out. Everyone that worked here is so nice. For example, on our first night there after swimming for a bit we got in the hot tub and as soon as we got to the hot tub a nice gentleman brought us over a bottle of Champaign and 2 glasses. It was a nice touch. Would I go back? Not sure, we try to go to different motels each time we go. Would we stay at other AM resorts? For sure!!

Room Tip: We had a room in the middle. Did not like sharing our patio. Get a higher floor for a better view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank grlfrommsbg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

After spending hour upon hour reading reviews on various websites, we decided to go with Dreams Riviera.

The trip started off on an unsettling note, when we made the poor decision of choosing the yellow cab service out of the airport ( I tried to writer a review, but tripadvisor didn't have them anywhere. Stay away at all cost!!!)

Anyway, when we arrived we were graciously greeted by the front door staff and handed the standard glass of champagne. My bitterness toward the yellow airport taxi was now fading. Now it was time to pull up a seat at the lobby bar Rendezvous, and do what I came here to do...Drink!!!

It was at the bar that I discovered reason enough to return to the resort, the bar service team of Antonio and Jasmine. No matter how busy they were,( and its the busiest place in the resort ) they were always smiling and happy to chat with us. As I'm still here I have to cut the review short and get back to my tanq martini. So a few bullet points to help you decide.

•The food is a 7/10 ( the French restaurant is the exception at a near 10)

•A few too many children for my liking(the pool is never a relaxing experience with the constant child scream)

•The cleanliness is spot-on. Your room is cleaned twice a day and you would be hard pressed to find a speck of dirt anywhere on the resort.

All in all, I highly recommend this resort. If you're on the fence, book it! You won't regret it.

Matt

• Stayed May 2013
6 Thank Matty-ice02
Harrisburg, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I went to Dreams for a quick anniversary trip. We have been to the Riviera Maya before, but never to Dreams. Overall, I think the resort was pretty good:
Check-in:
We were offered champagne upon arrival and the bellman took care of our luggage. The check-in clerk was efficient, but not overly friendly. Like other Caribbean resorts, the lobby is open, but it isn't as grand or opulent as some other resorts we've been to. Our room was ready at check-in (around 1), which was really great.
Room:
The room is definately set up more for a couple than a family with an open bathroom concept (which is odd because everything else around the resort seemed very family-oriented). I couldn't imagine being there with a teenager. It was decorated very nicely and we had a partial view of the ocean (paying for the lowest room rate). My biggest comlaint about the room was the hard bed. I woke up everyday with a sore back. Also, the lighting in the bathroom area could be better--definately not conducive for doing makeup. We didn't have any issues with our air conditioning, nor did we notice any damp/mildewy smells like some others have mentioned.
Food/Drinks:
Breakfast, for lack of a better word, was awful. My pancakes and french toast were either cold or runny in the center, and the scrambled eggs were consistently underdone. I would suggest the made-to-order omelets for an edible breakfast. We tried the buffet and the sit-down restaurants for lunch. The buffet was just okay, but both sit-down restaurants (by the pool/beach) were pretty good, though service at the Seaside Grill was really abysmal. For dinner, skip the Japanese restaurant (Himitsu) unless you're doing Hibachi. The sushi was bad--it tasted like sugar was added to everything, really unnatural. The Mexican restaurant was great and the French Restaurant was also really wonderful. The service was excellent. I really liked that no reservations were required. We didn't experience a wait either, but got to dinner by 7 each night. The drinks were extremely weak. I couldn't even taste alcohol in most of them. The wine, though not great, was tolerable.
Beach/Pool:
The beach was pretty good. There was lots of seaweed, but this couldn't be helped and they raked the beach at least once a day and sometimes twice. Also, we saw tons of fish just in a few feet of water (no need to swim out). The jellyfish flag was up each day, but we never saw any. The water is not calm, but certainly swimmable. The pools were nice, but I would have preferred an adults only/quiet pool. I think this area definately caters more towards children/families.
Service:
Everyone was extremely nice (even those who couldn't speak English said hello and were very friendly). The woman on the beach provided the best drink service, responding to every request with "It would be my pleasure." Awesome! The Barracuda Bar had extremely slow service (even if you tipped), but the bartenders were still friendly and the swings were great.
Entertainment:
Probably the best entertainment at any AI we've been to. There was something different every night (and sometimes two different things a night). I would caution though, that if you have a room near the lobby, you can hear the music from your room.

Overall, I thought the resort was very nice, though I felt it catered more towards families with children. For this reason, I wouldn't go back for a romantic vacation.

3 Thank LLizzy
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We just yesterday came back home from Mexico, Cancun. We've been staying for 9 nites in this amazingly luxurious resort. The most amazing staff, food, customer service, and everything. I would highly recommend this resort to all my friends and people I dont know... and also next time we're going to Mexico, we definitely are staying with YOU, guys, again. You are amazing, guys!! Thank you for an unforgettable holidays ♥ while I was staying with you I was treated like a princess :) This Dreams resort is a real dream to stay in!!!!!!!! 5+++++++ <3

7 Thank Carolina P
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We visited the resort as part of a destination wedding. First, I will say that the resort employees we met were very friendly & accommodating. Even though "tipping" is not required, it is graciously accepted for those individuals that have been more attentive to your specific needs. All you need to do is ask politely & you should be accommidated.
Overall, the resort is nice, clean & there is plenty of activities to do including for the kids. However, nothing exceptional stood out to us. Food was average at best. Our room was spacious as we had an ocean front room & was kept well by housekeeping, but the overall value for the cost of our stay(8 days) was below par compared to other resorts we have stayed at.
I realize everyone has their own personal views as to what they feel is a positive experience, but this resort did not measure up to our expectations.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gburg11
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had our wedding at the Dreams Riviera Cancun and it was perfect. We had a group of 54 people travelling with us, and the food, accommodations and staff were amazing. We never had to ask twice for anything and they were always more than happy to help make our stay better, even to the point of creating deserts and meals that were not on the menu for our nephew that has specific allergies. The food was never disappointing, and our wedding coordinators Gina and Jorge were amazing and accommodated every want and need we had. Our wedding exceeded our expectations; couldn't have ask for a better, more beautiful wedding. Special shout out to "Jose" Samuel at the Desires night club and Eric at the "Bar"racuda, you guys made our stay especially memorable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
#5 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,814 reviews

Been to Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!