My husband and i visited the resort recently and overall we were very pleased. The restaurant food and alcohol selection is better than many all inclusives however I wouldn't consider absolute vodka 'top shelf'. The beach is very nice (minus the constant seaweed) and carlos works very hard to make sure you are happy. The beach huts fill up very quickly so I suggest you get yours early. There are hotel personnel on the beach all day to make sure you are not bothered by the locals selling their treasures. We had a king room with a plunge pool and was very happy with the layout and decor. The staff is very, very helpful and work hard to make sure you are happy.
The only reason I didn't give this resort five stars was due to:
- the resort allows children. They are all over the place...in every pool, every bar and every restaurant. We would have had a better trip if there wasn't a family next to us with three screaming children at all hours of the day and night. Maybe the resort should designate one building for families and one for those without children.
-some of the nightly entertainment is questionable. We thought the band showcased on Friday evening was a KISS cover band until a fire performer came on stage with a S&M mask on. Not appropriate for a resort of this caliber.
-the dress code for the restaurants seems a little sexist. Women are in the cafe for breakfast with see thru beach cover ups and bathing suits yet a man has to put on a sleeved shirt. A man must put on long pants for dinner yet a woman can walk in with a skin tight, plastic dress with her children in jeans and that's ok. Management should take a look at the dress code and make some alterations to their rule.
We were told by The staff that the resort wasn't filled to capacity while we were there. The restaurantsseemed a little small for the amount of rooms In the resort and while many nights we had to wait for a table, the wait wasn't longer than 30 minutes. I don't think I would go to this resort during high season- a chair at the pool or eating before 10 might pose a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Dreams Riviera Cancun takes its personality from its incredible location — just 30 minutes from the "hot" excitement of Cancun yet right on the "cool" Caribbean close to Playa del Carmen and many other of the Mayan Riviera’s most sought after sights. Most importantly, it is an enchanting wonderland where families, couples, singles and friends enjoy all the pleasures and privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® where everything is included. Your whole being will relax immediately, surrounded by our large sun-dappled swimming pools and a sugar white sand beach. To this, add lush tropical gardens and of course, our fabulous palm-filled beach. Your day and evening activities range from exciting to purely relaxing — with plenty to do for everyone including endless land and water activities, a world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia and fitness center, nearby golf and much more. "Home" features the uniquely shaped octagonal room or suite, beautifully appointed with a private balcony, marble floors and full marble bath area with Jacuzzi tub and dozens of other luxury amenities and conveniences that anticipate your desires and fulfill them instantly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos