7,529 results
All reviews world cafe plunge pool preferred club seaside grill el patio swim up bar kids club french restaurant explorers club coco cafe oceana restaurant ocean view paella wedding coordinator family vacation destination wedding master suite
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I just wanted to write a quick review for all those potential DRC brides out there still trying to make the decision on if to hold your even at this resort or not. Stop looking for any other resort chain, this hotel was the most perfect place for my wedding. I did the Love package and paid for the DJ who was just great, I would suggest paying for his services. I had a dance floor on the pool deck, and the ceremony was just a breeze. I brought all my own decorations and little touches and lorena set everything up for me. I never had to stress. Everything was perfect. All my guests had the best time. This resort is a crowd pleaser. The rooms are spectacular, top shelf booze in the swim up, and the restaurants are among the best most of my guests have seen at a resort. I had a crowd who loves high end and top shelf, and who have frequented many 5 star resorts under the sun, and this was ranked high for everyone. Just go and see. You wont regret it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank devonbaylyjones
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at Dreams Riviera Feb 4th -10th this is a newer property and bigger than dreams Cancun. The hotel, Lobby, pools, beaches and resturaunts were great. We loved Pablo our pool side waiter who made us grasshoppers out of palm leaves. Eric the swing bartender was great also. I think the entertainment staff at Dreams Cancun was better that riviera and me being allegric to shellfish I had to miss out on a lot of amzing food choices at Dreams Rivieria.

This resort is a great place for families or couples, they balance both ends of the spectrum well and although I liked the more personilized service at Dreams Cancun I loved this property, and do understand it is bigger and tougher to provide the extra service as dreams cancun does.

Room Tip: Choose a room closer to the pool area it will be quiter and better views, plunge pool rooms probably aren't worth the extra cost as they are not very private. Bring closed toe shoes as a few of the resturaunts require them
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Troy N
Reviewed February 9, 2013

You will encounter Sewer Smells here! The large white tanks on the South side of the property (near the Spa), beside building 2, are full of the sewage from the Dreams resort. When walking near this area, especially downwind, you will gag from the overwhelming sewage smell. Also, you will smell sewer gas every time you go into the World Cafe. They have a plumbing problem in the World Cafe and it's allowing sewer gas to escape into the restaurant. It's mostly on the side away from the food service buffet but the smell was there every time we went into the World Cafe. Staff fumigating with masks on while customers ate and did not warn. What chemicals are they using? is it in the water system . Also strong smells every time you walkninto bathrooms in public areas due to deodorizers also fragrance in tissues.. Could cause allergies. Was sick the whole time there.

Room Tip: 1500 south facing ocean 5th floor jacuzzi on patio.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank A J
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband & i just returned from a week at dreams :). The resort is so well kept .....they are constantly cleaning and restocking. The staff work so hard and are happy to please the guests. A few staff that made our stay memorable were Al (resident manager), Iran & Efren ( Mexican restaurant), Gamaliel, Estrinova (beach), Jose, Rosealba, Estrinova, Libador, Luz, Rafael, Victor & Gerardo. The restaurants were all very good....we didn't eat at the buffet. The Mexican restaurant is soo much funny... ask for Iran! Weather was beautiful the whole time..we spent most of our time on the beach. Top shelf liquor at all the bars....if you don't see it just ask. My only comment would be if you don't have kids you might want an adult only resort as there are lots of kids especially in the pools.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I just took a four night babymoon to this resort, and it was incredible!! We didn't have to leave the resort for anything. They had plenty of restaurants, activities and entertainment to make us not want to leave the hotel AT ALL. Had I not been 6 months pregnant, we definitely would have left to do a few excursions, but we stayed around, got massages, swam in the pool and just relaxed. It was ideal. The food was delicious at all seven restaurants, the service was amazing and the room was wonderful. We stayed at one with a personal "dipping" pool, which was lovely on those hot days.

Also, the resort was both family friendly and couple oriented. While there were lots of kids there and plenty for them to do, it didn't get in the way if you wanted to have a "couples only" type of vacation that is more romantic. It was big enough where you had your own space, but small enough, where you got to know people and could enjoy the comraderie at the pool bar or pool activities.

I would definitely go back ....

Room Tip: If you can afford the little extra bit of money, go for the personal dipping pool, where you have your own mini-pool outside of your bedroom. It is so relaxing on a hot night!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple