$222
$161
$241
  • Breakfast included
Now Jade Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
$189
$210
$160
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

$342
Excellence Resorts
$294
Grand Residences Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
$236
$478
7,288 results
All reviewsworld cafeplunge poolpreferred clubseaside grillel patioswim up barkids clubfrench restaurantexplorers clubcoco cafeoceana restaurantocean viewpaellawedding coordinatorfamily vacationdestination weddingmaster suite
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Went to the Riviera Cancun on Jan 13 for a week's worth of meetings - not a bad place to be!
Our meetings were in the conference facilities which were fine, except that the AC was cranked and many of my colleagues had to wear sweaters.
All of the restaurants had good food, the rooms were spacious and the staff was all very friendly.
I took full advantage of the pool and beach side waiters - give a waiter $5 and in addition to drinks he will bring you some (excellent) chicken tacos from the beach grill.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank crankydude
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Just returned from 2 weeks @ this amazing resort. Weather was great. I had room 1504..amazing view. Rooms are deluxe....could not ask for anything more comfortable than this accommodation. I rate the food @ all the restaurants 5star. The staff speak good english and are very personable. I loved the Bordeau, Japanese, Seaside and Oceana. The staff are amazing @ Oceana and Seaside Restaurant. Special mention David Floor Manager/Irais Escobar Head Waiter, Rene Server..all 3 of these staff @ Oceana Restaurant and they made my vacation more enjoyable..have never met staff so accommodating and friendly. Waiter @ Ocean area Evaristo made sure everyone sitting @ ocean was looked after..I commend him...very good service. I recommend the "preferred club"..staff Raphael/Hector and Rodrigo. ensure everything is perfect...any complaints are dealt with immediately. Would return this location with no hesitation...hopefully next winter. Thanks to all the staff that made me feel very comfortable!!
Thank you Oceana Staff & Seaside Grill. Food in both these resorts are 5+. Breakfast/Lunch and Dinner!!

Room Tip: Rooms 2nd floor to 5th floor have excellent ocean view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank S M
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Travelled between Jan 26th to Feb 2, 2013. I traveled with my husband and 3 year old son. We travel at least once a year and for the last 3 years our focus has been 5 star quality and family oriented resorts. Lastly finding a resort with good food selections/choices. We are all very picky eaters especially our son! We chose Dreams Riviera because we had vacationed in the Cancun area before. Mexico seems to be the only place we traveled as a couple where the hotels were truly 5 star and the food was good. Please note it was our 5th time to Cancun/ Riviera area but the first time as a family. We typically stick to Riu hotels because we know what to expect but our son 3 years old pays close to full pop with this chain. At the Dreams hotel our son only paid flight and taxes. Also 20 min from airport.
The weather In Cancun is never guaranteed between November to the end of March. We had 6 out of 7 days good weather at 80*F. The sea is also rough during this time but on days it is swim able with good scuba diving near hotel.
Typically within the first hour we find something that bothers us but it was day seven and the only thing we could find irritating was getting the Bacon at breakfast. The omelet chef keeps it hidden and you have to wait in the omelet line to get the Bacon.
Facilities:
-4 swimming pools: one shallow heated pool for children, infinity pool with bar and great view, activity pool. Ping pong table pool. All great!
-2 beautiful hot tube that fit at least 20 people.
-Enough lounge chairs for everyone around the pool and beach.
- 15-20 bed cabanas that are great for afternoon naps.
-Spa and fitness centre state of the art and beautiful.
-There are bars everywhere and staff to wait on you if you wish.
-Beach is well maintained and guarded. Life guard and security on the beach monitoring guests. No peddlers or vendors pestering you. Showers at beach always had warm water never cold.
Great facility for beach wedding as there were 2 to 3 wedding daily. The weddings did not impede with other guests vacationing.
- Explorer Kids had its own large open space outdoors and indoors for ages 3-12. We had no intentions of taking our son but he begged to go. They had all types of activities planned from 9 am to 10 pm (I.e., face painting, cooking class, water polo, soccer...etc). The ladies are all great! You get pager incase your child does not want to stay or has an issue.
- The lobby area is spectacular and it has great views of the jungle. Note separate building from guest rooms.
- The resort is not huge and all facilities are easily accessible form all building (not a lot of walking necessary).
-Preferred club is worth the extra money. We got there at 10 am and we expected they would have us wait till mid afternoon for a room but they gave us the room as soon as we arrived. We were going to upgrade to room with plung pool but we really liked our room. During the whole week we never saw anyone use their plung pools. Stayed in room 2249 with view of ocean, pool and lovely gardens. Bathroom and closet exceptional. Other things that are included: late check out, upgraded bar, Internet, computers with printer,$250 coupons to use on specialty wine, spa, beach romantic dinner..etc
- Food was great! Really even our son liked the food especially the pizza, pasta and breakfast. Lots of seafood and meat choices. But most importantly all restaurants provide child menus of pasta, chicken strips, fries and burgers ( chicken strips amazing). There is something for everyone.
No reservations needed except for habitat chi tables at Asian and French restaurant.
Barefoot grill was great with seafood pella, pizza, hand maid burgers, 2 salads and a specialty BBQ meat or fish. Asian restaurant was great as well as the Italian. I can go on and on I just want you to know the food is really good. Soft ice cream served daily starting at 11am. Drinks were the best we have had at any resort. Watermelon mohito is the best!
- Coffee shop is great! We always crave coffee when on vacation and this time we were able to get our fix whenever we wanted with fresh deserts all day long.
-safety is this resorts #1 priority as all situations were approached like they were preventable ( I.e., child stubbed toe in pool, got first aid, report filled out by parent, supervisors/inspectors within 10 min of situation, maintenance person going underwater to inspect tiles, next morning as sun came up tiles in pool being replaced)
- Grounds well maintained. I would make mental notes of things like chipped paint and the next day i would see someone fixing it. They read my mind each day. The salt air and guest in the resort can take its toll on a resort but this resort is on top of it all.
- Entertainment was amazing as the resort hired outside acts for evening entertainment. Loved the hypnotist, drum and fire show, rock circus, mind readers mentalist...etc.

Great family resort with great facilities service and food! Will definitely will go back to this resort as it was unparalleled to the Riu chain we regularly go to.

Happy family travelers.

Room Tip: Preferred club ocean view. Had the view of the ocean, pool and were close to everything.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
12  Thank Dicap
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We just got back from a week at the Dreams Riviera Cancun and all I can say is it was the best resort we have ever been to. The resort was beautiful, our room was on 5th floor with a great view of Ocean and very quiet. I have eaten at a lot of five star restaurant and I must say that the food at all the restaurants were 5 star or better. The Japanese was one of my favorites. The resort was very well groomed and the staff were incredible and attentive. I cannot find anything wrong to say about this Resort. Top shelf liquor everywhere even champagne in our room as we were celebrating our anniversary. Loved the fact that you could get a hut on beach or a bed by pool with a great view of ocean without paying extra. Loved the Mango marguerita and Blue Hawaiian.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Kferg_13
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I were married at this fabulous resort! Everything was top of the line! The resort is EXTREMELY neat and clean, the rooms are spacious and gorgeous, and the food is FANTASTIC!!! Top shelf alcohol at all the bars, staff is very friendly and accommodating. The resort is great for couples or families. Some of my favorite restaurants were the Mexican restaurant, El Patio, the french restaurant, Bordeaux, as well as the Italian Restaurant. The spa is wonderful!!

We will definitely be traveling back to this resort! If you are looking for a great place to get married, take your family, or go with friends, this is the place!!! You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: The Preferred Club is a great addition, however all the rooms are fantastic!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends