Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Acamaya Reef(Puerto Morelos)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Club Paraiso Maya(Puerto Morelos)
View Hotel
Hotel Arrecifes Suites(Puerto Morelos)
View Hotel
Hotel Ojo De Agua(Puerto Morelos)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Condo-Hotel Marviya(Puerto Morelos)
7,093 results
All reviewsworld cafeplunge poolpreferred clubseaside grillkids clubel patioswim up barexplorers clubfrench restaurantcoco cafeoceana restaurantocean viewpaellawedding coordinatordestination weddingfamily vacationcocktail hour
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The hotel was very nice and clean and the rooms were beautiful. We loved the spa area and went there 2 of the days we were there.The food was less than average and the drinks were just OK. If we were to go back we would try a different place.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Lindsay C
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is the first time I am writing a review for a hotel and I have been traveling the world and this was the 5 th time I have been to Mexico. We were two couples with 2 small children ( both 2 years old) so we decided to do a thorough research on the hotel we are staying at. After reading the wonderful reviews we decided on Drams Reivara Cancun. To make the story short all of us beside my daughter who had decided to be on a diet of cookies and water got severely sick. The hotel and rooms were beautiful but the food was awful.The food at the words Cafe buffet always looked sparse and few days old and with small children that is the place we opted for a few times. We got sick on different days and each had different preferences for food so this could not have been an isolated case. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Pros:

1- Clean Beautiful rooms. The rooms were cleaned and the towels changed twice a day
2- Kid friendly resort with shallow heated pool for small children
3- Great nightly entertainment
4- Coco Coffey shop

Cons:

1-Food were unhygienic and sparse in the buffet for a 5 star hotel
2-Some of the service staff were unfriendly

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank sarvi11
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was here for a 4 day weekend in January. Definitely the nicest resort I have ever stayed at. On the small side, which is nice- you can get around it very quickly. The rooms are beautiful, loved the dual sink in the open, although there is definitely privacy issues with the shower and toilet doors being see-through in some areas, no sounds isolation either. Wasn't an issue for me, since I was alone in the room. The pool area is very nice, infinity pool overlooking the ocean being my favorite. It is heated too. Beach is nice too, although water not so much, lots of seaweed. Food was very good - I've tried French, Italian, Steak-house, would recommend all of them (French was probably my favorite, loved the escargots). My only complaint is a REALLY slow service at Oceanic during lunch hours, and I mean ridiculously slow - plan on staying for for 1.5-2 hours. Although food was good - shrimp/fish tacos were delicious. I loved the breakfast buffet as well.
It's definitely a family resort, lots of kids everywhere, even by the swim-up bar in the infinity pool, which is annoying. It's also a popular wedding destination, I saw 2 weddings during my 4 days stay. Overall I loved this place, and had a blast. I came here with 200 colleagues for an annual event, All the expenses were covered by my employer. so I definitely can't complain :) Otherwise this resort is a little out of my price range. But if you can afford it, you will definitely enjoy it!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Jenna_MRZ
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We just arrived home from a 5 day stay at this all inclusive resort and loved every minute! The resort was very clean, grounds well maintained and the 99% of the employees very willing to meet any needs and were very accomodating. The dinner restraunts were wonderful especially the French, Italian and El Patio. We felt so pampered with the 5 star service at the elegant restraunts in the evening. I did not particularly care for the raw salmon in the salad at lunch at the Oceana yet I'm sure that is a delicacy for many. The Coco Cafe was always a fun stop mid afternoon for a cup of coffee, "skinny latte" (got to save those calories!), frozen baileys or smoothies. The abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables made healthy choices easier and by being consciencious I actually lost 1 1/2 pounds! Walking on the beautiful white sandy beach was so refreshing. The entertainment at night was OK....some nights great others not so much. It was certainly a very relaxing time and my husband and I enjoyed every minute and are looking forward to returning to the area in the future.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the garden area which was very nice in that rooms near the pool seem to have to contend with much noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank creatingmemories
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We travelled to Dreams Riviera Cancun Nov 11 to Nov 18, 2012. From the moment we landed and hopped on the bus for the 30 minute bus ride to our resort the fun began!! We were there with about 40+ people for a wedding. The resort was soooo beautiful, clean, and very friendly. We had upgraded service so we were directed to a special check in room(vip) to register, have a snack and grab a drink! We had the most amazing room...OCEAN VIEW...so awesome!! The rooms were spacious, with a very comfortable king size bed, and beautiful ensuite.
The food was incredible. The bonus is you do not have to book your a la cartes. You just show up. If you go before 630pm you will most likely get right in...if you are later than that it could be at least 8-830pm before you get in. Every a la carte was exceptional service, amazing food, and awesome ambience. The buffet also had a great selection every day for breakie and the pool bars at lunch offered great sit down meals as well as the pizza and burgers were great too during the afternoon. We spent most of our time on the beach. It was a bit windy at times but generally had great weather.
The wedding was soooo romantic. The meal at the beach was excellent. Everything about it was a dream come true.
I would recommend this resort to anyone!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple