We arrived to Dreams and upon check in were brought glasses of champagne. We were given the lay of the resort and given suggestions on where to eat. The very large open air concept lobby was stunning. Beautiful ornate carved wood, oversized fans, a friendly little bar all leading to the beautiful opening of the resort. Walking down the stairs from the lobby you are transported to paradise. The grounds are beautiful and the employees work very hard to keep it that way.
Our room, garden view, was as described in other reviews. Spacious. comfortable, open. Our balcony faced a street to the south of the property, which was lined with beautiful flowereing trees and shrubs plus our own little view of the ocean. For me, the privacy of this room along with the glimpse of the ocean was better than paying any upgrade.
Our meals for the most part were very good. I feel like I missed out on good authentic mexican food. Bordeaux has the very best creme brule. World Cafe is ok but having a mimosa for breakfast makes everything better. My boyfriend couldn't get enough of CoCo's. Between the carrot cake and delicious Mocha's, we were there a lot. I would not eat at the Japanese place. I read the reviews and thought, can it really be that bad? It was. Nothing good to say about that meal aside from the service.
The Infinit Pool: Amazing, loved it.
The Beach: Has seaweed that they work very hard to keep cleaned up. I did enjoy the afternoon we spent on the beach under our thatch covered umbrealla.
The Spa and Gym: The gym was great, everything you need to keep up with your routine plus spin and cardio classes. We had our spa day during a morning of thunderstorms which was incredibly relaxing. We were in the series of spa pools getting wet anyway so the rain didn't bother us. We had a couple massage in a thatch roof room where we could very easily hear the roar of the thunder. We both had swedish massage which were good but might do a deeper tissue instead, next time.
The Bars: Swim up bar in the infiniti pool. Great service, and considering they put up with a lot of wild, intox people, I was impressed.
The Lobby Bar: In the morning and Early afternoon, you will be taken great care of. Not so busy at this time as everyone is trying to get sun or catch a siesta.
In the evening, Rafael will charm you with his smile and do what he can to accomodate all your requests.
The club, I don't remeber the name, but I remember the service, most of it. Jesus who ironically earned the nickname Diablo, made some incredible margaritas and provided us with about 7 too many shots of Don Julio. It was a great night but then next day, not so much.
We ate and drank everywhere and the one constant was the incredible, warm, and welcoming service.
At turn down service they leave you a newsletter of the following days activities, weather report, which restaraunts are open when, and a section of guests celebrating, honeymoons, anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Sometimes the information is wrong, for example, it will say El Patio is open for dinner, and when you arrive, its closed. No biggie.
The Entertainment Staff: Phenomenal.
We had quite a bit of rain while we were there and participated in many activities. We had our own dance lesson with Rudy. And lots of different things down by the pool. My favorite, tequila tasting. Sophia, Rudy, and El Jimador..made us laugh, entertained, educated, a got us a bit tipsy. Who knew I'd been drinking tequila wrong all these years.
The shows they put on in the evenings were very entertaining.Rocksimus Maximus Rock Show, or something like that, was fun. They perform the shows at the stairway leading to the lobby. There of course is a full service bar that serves during the show. They also have popcorn.
The resort is not large, you will not get tired by walking from one place to another but it is big enough that you don't feel closed in. This resort is family friendly but I think I would like to try an adults only. It can be very frustrating having a romantic dinner at Oceana down near the beach and having some 8 yr old kid take 25 pictures of their meal causing the flash to go on and on and on..
Oh and no worries, bottled water everywhere.:)..... Speaking of water, when it rains, the hallways flood and your room may flood a little too. Keep things of the floors.
I would absolutely go back, seriously, right now :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Dreams Riviera Cancun takes its personality from its incredible location — just 30 minutes from the "hot" excitement of Cancun yet right on the "cool" Caribbean close to Playa del Carmen and many other of the Mayan Riviera’s most sought after sights. Most importantly, it is an enchanting wonderland where families, couples, singles and friends enjoy all the pleasures and privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® where everything is included. Your whole being will relax immediately, surrounded by our large sun-dappled swimming pools and a sugar white sand beach. To this, add lush tropical gardens and of course, our fabulous palm-filled beach. Your day and evening activities range from exciting to purely relaxing — with plenty to do for everyone including endless land and water activities, a world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia and fitness center, nearby golf and much more. "Home" features the uniquely shaped octagonal room or suite, beautifully appointed with a private balcony, marble floors and full marble bath area with Jacuzzi tub and dozens of other luxury amenities and conveniences that anticipate your desires and fulfill them instantly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos