Travelled with Virgin to Cancun. We are a family of 4, two adults, my daughter 21 and my son 12. We upgraded to PE which was nice, but we had a very old plane (there and back) so the entertainment was really bad and the seats a little uncomfortable. Shame we didnt get the updated plane.
Arrived in Cancun and it was very easy through customs and immigration. Travel to the resort only took about 20 minutes. On arriving we were greeted with a drink which was nice. The check in was a bit slow (seeing as we were the only ones checking in) and when I enquired about upgrading our rooms I was told no as they were full!!! We had to wait about 40 minutes for the rooms to be ready. The rooms when we got in them were lovely, we had connecting rooms on the 1st floor. Very clean and beautifully laid out. Eat at the buffet that night as we were tired and hungry and hadnt got the layout of the hotel yet. The food was excellent for a buffet and we were all really impressed.
The pool area and beach are lovely, the beach does have a bit of seaweed, but the tractor is up and down the beach all day clearing it up. The service round the pool is excellent, always asking whether you would like anything to drink. The cocktails were lovely - my favourite was the purple rain.
We went to all the restaurants apart from the Bordeaux. My son could have gone into the restaurant as the age limit is 13, but I had forgotten to put long trousers in the case for him. he was allowed in all the other restaurants with shorts on, but not this one. its a shame as we would have liked to have tried this. Our favourite was El Patio, the Mexican restaurant. the food, ambience and service was exceptional, they could not do enough for you. The Portifino was our second favourite, again could not fault anything. The waiter we had in this restaurant was probably the friendlilest waiter we have ever had (wish I could remember his name). The Oceano and the other restaurant by the pool were very good as well. My sons favourite was Himitsu (Japanese), he loved the sushi. Also, the house wine was very palatable. they did have a wine list with wines that you could buy, but the house wine was great.
We only did one trip while we were there and that was to swim with the dolphins at Delpanious (or something ilke that). We booked it with the guy by the pool (towel hut). the trip was excellent, we have swum with the dolphins in Florida and we felt as if we were on a conveyor belt of people with very little time actually in the water. with this one, we had three sessions of over 30 minutes. We had the chance to do the foot push, actually holding onto the dolphin (belly to belly), boogy board and snorkelling. the place is great and you are back at the hotel by 2 for lunch.
We had one small problem when we were there, after about 4 days the kids room smelt really badly of sewage. I phoned reception and they sent up a maintence guy who then called someone, who then spoke to me and said that they would have to move rooms. As we had connecting rooms they had to move us as well. Within 20 minutes a bell boy was up to the rooms to pick up the cases and they put is in two preffered rooms with a jacuzzi on the balcony. The also gave us the access codes to the internet as a sorry for the inconvenience. Glad I never paid for the upgrade now.
the hotel was fairly empty, so not sure why the reception lady told me it was full. Lots of sunbeds to chose from whenever you got to the pool. We never had to wait for a table at any of the restaurants, and at night it was very empty around the resort.
Second to last night we had a family from hell (or somewhere in the deep South) arrive in the room below us and proceeded to have mad parties well into the early hours. the security asked them to keep it down but as soon as they left they started up again. Sorry to say that they had no social skills at all, and I saw them kicking off at a couple of the restaurants as well.
Overall this was a fantastic holiday, I am sure that there is so much more to say about this wonderful resort. I am sure that we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Dreams Riviera Cancun takes its personality from its incredible location — just 30 minutes from the "hot" excitement of Cancun yet right on the "cool" Caribbean close to Playa del Carmen and many other of the Mayan Riviera’s most sought after sights. Most importantly, it is an enchanting wonderland where families, couples, singles and friends enjoy all the pleasures and privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® where everything is included. Your whole being will relax immediately, surrounded by our large sun-dappled swimming pools and a sugar white sand beach. To this, add lush tropical gardens and of course, our fabulous palm-filled beach. Your day and evening activities range from exciting to purely relaxing — with plenty to do for everyone including endless land and water activities, a world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia and fitness center, nearby golf and much more. "Home" features the uniquely shaped octagonal room or suite, beautifully appointed with a private balcony, marble floors and full marble bath area with Jacuzzi tub and dozens of other luxury amenities and conveniences that anticipate your desires and fulfill them instantly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos