7,380 results
All reviewsworld cafeplunge poolpreferred clubseaside grillel patioswim up barkids clubfrench restaurantexplorers clubcoco cafeoceana restaurantocean viewpaellawedding coordinatorfamily vacationdestination weddingmaster suite
Reviewed October 8, 2011

This last July we did a 4 night stay here at Dreams Riviera Cancun. And have to say it was not bad at all. but it had a few things that were rough around the edges.

The location was a bit rough to work with. This side of Puerto Morelos, was not close to any type of shopping or attractions. So unless you were commiting to a larger cost of a taxi, or a tour (of which plenty are available), you were married to the resort grounds. The grounds, while they were set very intimately, is filled with large groups of people. We look for a relaxing experience, of which we did not get much of with at lot of noise within the rooms and resort grounds.

Now for the good. We had a jacuzzi ocean view room. The room was unbelieveable. Very comfortable beds. Jacuzzis both outside and inside. The food was pretty good. I would stay away from room service, but the japanese and french restaurants are fantastic and worth it. The sushi at the japanese restaurant was some of the best I've ever eaten.

The spa featured an amazing hydro therapy pool! Great therapists with a facility that almost comes out of a dream.

If you're travelling with friends, or a family, this is a very solid destination for you. For a couple, maybe not so much if your looking for romance and relaxation. Usually you can't miss with a dream vacation, other than some unfortunate rain, we did not miss out on a great resort.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CheckRight42
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Returned 2 Oct...An unbelievable experience....difficult to say anything negative at all about this resort...rooms great...food fabulous...staff amazing...attention to detail second to none...can't wait to return ;)

Room Tip: Preferred club room is great touch !!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank thumper114
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I will start by saying planning a wedding is no easy task...but Gina and the staff at Dreams Riviera Cancun made it easy and stress free and didn't miss one detail! We arrived at Dreams on Sat Sept 24th with 24 of our closest family and friends and were pleased to be greated with cool towles and champagne! Check in was easy and the staff was friendly from the start!

I have been to several all inclusive resorts in Cancun, Acapulco, Jamaica, etc... Dreams Riviera Cancun had the best food BY FAR! The french restaurant Bordeaux was our favorite! And all of the food is plated like a 5 star restaurant. The one dissappointment was the italian restaurant Porto Fino...my dad sent his filet back 2x after it was overcooked (med well to well done and he ordered mid-rare). The tacos at the lunch place by the pool were a FAVORITE among all of our party!

If you enjoy relaxing and getting pampered, the spa is wonderful. My husband and I received a massage with our wedding package and it was amazing! We are also able to take advantage of the private spa pools during our visit, which was very quiet and relaxing. Raquel in the salon did my make-up, hair and manicure for the wedding and she was AWESOME! I didn't need a trial run or anything, just brought a picture and she worked her magic. She was such a professional and made sure I looked perfect on my big day!

Gina and the event staff exceeded every expectation we had! We were even surprised by a lighted dance floor and fireworks for our first dance. Gina was quick with communication and took care of every request we had. Even working with the local travel agent to help us book a private sunset cruise for our wedding party and family!

Please tip the staff! They work VERY hard for you and this was the most friendly and helpful staff we have ever experienced...they ALWAYS had a smile on their face! They work 14 hour days 6 days a week and are there when you wake up and go to bed...it saddens me that people refer to them as the "help" because they do A LOT more than staff at other resorts we have visited.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions....we are definitely planning on returning for our 1 year anniversary!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
17  Thank beachbum0817
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We had a hard time narrowing down our choice of resorts in Mexico, and settled on Dreams Riviera Cancun. We could not be HAPPIER with our choice! The Resort was beautiful, food was good, rooms were very unique, and very nice, pools were also clean and very nice, plenty of deck chairs, grounds were beautiful and immaculate!!!! The staff was also great! Very friendly, and accomodating! One person in particular REALLY made our trip, his name is Alberto, he is part of the wonderful event/activity staff. He was so nice, and so funny. Well miss you Alberto!!! xoxo kate and joe(big man)

We will absolutely go there again. There was not one thing we did not like about this resort, it was perfect!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Kate L
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Just returned from a girls vacation traveling with 5 other women to DRC. When we checked in I had put in a request for us to be in the same building however that did not really happen. We were in rooms with just 1 bed however they did try very hard to accomodate us. The end result was just fine. I was very happy with my location and did love the fifth floor. Not another issue for the rest of the time. The rooms were fine the airconditioning and fan worked very well. The beds were super comfortable.The entire property was very clean and the rooms were cleaned promptly each day and turn down each evening. When ever I called for anything they came in super fast time. Best customer service ever!! Room service was super fast as well! The pools were very nice clean and warm. The ocean did have sea grass some days more than others. We were able to get a hut every time. I did get stung by a jellyfish and the lifeguard tended to me right away. The restraunts were all good. Some better than others but the service was good and the wait time was never longer than 15 minutes.The French was our favorite. The drink service was Terrific!! Not a problem running out of anything. You did have to specifically ask for top shelf liquor. I have stayed at many all inclusive resorts but this one so far was my favorite. I usually am not in a hurry to return but I definitely want to return here. I only hope the second time would be as great because I really enjoyed this property. The Coffee shop was a welcomed addition. We enjoyed that each day as well as the outside jacuzzi's.I was lucky to get free internet access because I brought my I Prefer membership number. Plenty of chairs and plenty of clean beach towels. No cards no wrist bands! Entertain team was good. They offered activities but were not pushy. No problem with the sales people from the inclusive club just said no thanks. The SPA was nice and the staff were very nice. The gym looked fine but I did not use it. The service at the beach and pool side was excellent. Loved getting served food at my beach lounger along with a cold drink. I would recommend this resort to anyone. We saw some beautiful weddings on the resort. Some were done very nicely. I feel all the staff go above and beyond. I hope to return someday soon!!

Room Tip: Top floor because less noise
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends